Northbank Mariner
September 5, 2023, 8:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,472
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Kris2

We seem to have a number of goalkeeping experts on the forum that put every keeper under a huge microscope and analyse everything they do. In a lot of cases I don't think he's in particular to blame but the goalkeeping society will find a way that it's his fault then list off everything they think he is doing wrong.

I'm wondering what the credentials are of our goalkeeping experts. I think maybe one was an apprentice at Grimsby aged 15 that couldn't make the cut in the 1960's but no idea about the rest. School team and Sunday League pub team?

I've played and coached goal kerpers over the years and I can tell you now Cartwright needs a lot of work but to a certain degree, that's why he's with us.
He's quite slow getting down, his reaction time for a good keeper is slow and he needs to learn to read the game better.
Mansfield, goal conceded was 100% his fault due to a p!as poor touch,  to the point where he nearly did again straight afterwards!..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 110
lew chaterleys lover
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,723
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Kris2

We seem to have a number of goalkeeping experts on the forum that put every keeper under a huge microscope and analyse everything they do. In a lot of cases I don't think he's in particular to blame but the goalkeeping society will find a way that it's his fault then list off everything they think he is doing wrong.

I'm wondering what the credentials are of our goalkeeping experts. I think maybe one was an apprentice at Grimsby aged 15 that couldn't make the cut in the 1960's but no idea about the rest. School team and Sunday League pub team?

I don't know about that but I was merely querying that he must be a good keeper if Hull rate him and he was given the number 1 shirt.

Hull didn't loan him to not play league games so something is amiss.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 110
Kris2
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Passing the ball around fine but need to be more brave and create better chances. Several times we have Efete or somebody get the ball in a good position and instead of taking on their man and trying to cross they turn around and pass backwards to Waterfall.
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 110
September 5, 2023, 8:31pm
Guest User
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Cartwright is a liability, my good good that was such an easy take, slid in and somehow knocked the ball out his box!!..
Quite enjoyed that first half but it highlights our deficiencies once again, we are bloody toothless, we get balls in the box abd nobody is there, its almost as if there some kind of force field around the 18 yard box that prevents GTFC players getting in there!..
Liking the look of Andrews, can see him doing the Cinteh role quite comfortably tbh

Did you see the two goals we scored last Saturday?

Reply: 43 - 110
golfer
September 5, 2023, 8:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,441
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Chrisblor
Another Cartwright catastrophe

If somebody is frigging useless you should feel sorry for them not keep calling them. - He'll know himself that he's frigging useless
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 110
HerveJosse
September 5, 2023, 8:33pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from Kris2

I only made the Canon Ainslie primary school team because we only had 12 boys in our year and I did score the only goal we scored that season in 13-1 defeat to South Parade but I can still recognise a good goalkeeper from a dodgy one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 110
September 5, 2023, 8:33pm
Guest User
Quoted from Kris2
Passing the ball around fine but need to be more brave and create better chances. Several times we have Efete or somebody get the ball in a good position and instead of taking on their man and trying to cross they turn around and pass backwards to Waterfall.

Oh so you are an outfield player expert?

Reply: 46 - 110
Northbank Mariner
September 5, 2023, 8:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,472
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from 123614

Did you see the two goals we scored last Saturday?

No I had a blind fold on!...of course I ferking saw them, but I maintain that we're toothless, and now Eisa looks like he may be injured FFS...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 110
September 5, 2023, 8:38pm
Guest User
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

No I had a blind fold on!...of course I ferking saw them, but I maintain that we're toothless, and now Eisa looks like he may be injured FFS...

Ridiculous.  Why do you think he is injured, my guess is he is being saved for Saturday.

Reply: 48 - 110
It Bites
September 5, 2023, 8:39pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,208
Gold Stars: 265
What subs did we make ?
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 110
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Match Thread Barnsley

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.