12 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 All Recommend Thread
diehardmariner
September 7, 2023, 9:16am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,630
Gold Stars: 539
To cut the lad some slack, his overall goalscoring record is largely irrelevant.  We might as well see what Anthony Glennon's goalscoring record is like and judge him on it.

What's arguably relevant is his goalscoring record when playing up top, unfortunately that doesn't make excellent reading either.  https://www.transfermarkt.co.u.....s=14&trainer_id=
Stats don't tell you everything though, the majority of those games are at a higher level.  His games at this level are either as a kid or at a basket case club that were getting pulled down the drain before the pubes.

I'm keen to see what he can do when he's a) in our first team and b) got a sustained run of games under him.  That includes competitive fixtures too, not in the EFL Trophy with experimental teams and formations.  

Liam Hearn didn't hit the ground running here.  For the fondness we look back on his time with, his first 8-10 games he looked completely out of sorts and well out of his depth.  Once that first goal came he transformed as a player, confidence is so powerful for a striker.

I've not really found myself impressed with his performances when coming off the bench and I definitely want to see more from him.  More physicality, more movement, more anticipation and more energy.  But it's still early days.  Also keen to see how he operates in a two.
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 110
12 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Match Thread Barnsley

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.