Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back  (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just back  (merged)

This thread currently has 12,202 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
August 19, 2023, 7:58pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548

And I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but unfortunately, happy clappers like yourselves can't see what's plainly evident with your heads so far up Hurst bottom

Other views are available.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 128
HerveJosse
August 19, 2023, 8:03pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from mimma
Just a bit of perspective,  Wrexham have let in 10 goals in two home games. Listening to some on here you would think we have as well

And scored 8 must be bloody boring being a Wrexham fan

I bet there fans are all on their forum saying if only we had Paul Hurst as manager.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 128
Mappers
August 19, 2023, 8:21pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,481
Gold Stars: 119
I don't think that many are 'happy clappers ' .

More of a realisation of where we find ourselves .

Do I love Paul Hursts footballing style ?

Not particularly

Do I see it giving us a solid season ?

Absolutely ,with a decent  outside chance of the play-offs .

I think there is more to come from the current group , in terms of good football , but to think a Hurst team is ever going to play like Barcelona or even Mansfield is wishful thinking IMO .

If we get through these first 10 with a few wins , draws and defeats it's a reasonable start - if the following 10 games we don't put a few of these perceived strugglers to the sword it's the time to ask questions , as we have got better players than them and should win a good few games .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 128
chipsandgravy
August 19, 2023, 8:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,632
Gold Stars: 38

He does, once again today instead of killing off a team at home while we were clearly on top with our high press and attacking style (which he has in him, we all saw in last time he relegated us to the conference) which we were for those first 20 minutes, he had us drop deep once agains to "DeFeNd tHe 1 NiL" and let them back in. Instead of going at teams for the kill he bends over drops his pants and lets teams have their way, it was the same in his first stint and it's the same in the second. Don't get me wrong he finds absolute gems of players Conteh and Rodger already look like player and young player of the season, but he has the tactical sense of a WW1 general, one plan over and over again.

Christ almighty you do talk utter drivel. When i think you cant talk any more bollox you go and surprise me. There comes a time when you have to acknowledge that we played a much better team. Nothing to do with tactics -  Buckley often use to do it (ask your dad) and it didnt turn out too badly with him. Clough has had four seasons in this division to get them playing like that and I can assure you that wasnt always the case. They have made steady progress getting to this point with many changes of personell. I expect us to do the same. And by the way we took a point off them.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 128
Grantley
August 19, 2023, 8:38pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,504
Gold Stars: 9

And I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but unfortunately, happy clappers like yourselves can't see what's plainly evident with your heads so far up Hurst bottom

Say bottom one more time, I dare you.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 128
Bigdog
August 19, 2023, 8:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Possibly a win win all round today. Pick up a point, don't get beat, and at the same time Mansfield lay down a marker of what we need to be to have a chance of promotion. Two weeks of the window left, Hurst has got a bit of budget left and we've got a chairman that would like to get out of this division as quickly as possible..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 128
friskneymariner
August 19, 2023, 8:53pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,156
Gold Stars: 38
Can anyne explain to me the logic of playingRose up front to knock it on when there is no-one there to knock it onto.It  was not skill that prevent us gettin all 3 points but tactics. if Rose is going to be used in the way he was today, he needs someone alongside him.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 128
TheultimateMariner
August 19, 2023, 8:55pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +429
Gold Stars: 5

Get a grip you boring girl private

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 128
Teesknees
August 19, 2023, 8:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18

He does, once again today instead of killing off a team at home while we were clearly on top with our high press and attacking style (which he has in him, we all saw in last time he relegated us to the conference) which we were for those first 20 minutes, he had us drop deep once agains to "DeFeNd tHe 1 NiL" and let them back in. Instead of going at teams for the kill he bends over drops his pants and lets teams have their way, it was the same in his first stint and it's the same in the second. Don't get me wrong he finds absolute gems of players Conteh and Rodger already look like player and young player of the season, but he has the tactical sense of a WW1 general, one plan over and over again.

Ah, now I remember why I take no notice of your posts!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 128
MuddyWaters
August 19, 2023, 9:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236

I’m a long, long way off being a happy clapper but, please try and be realistic! There are several new players who have improved us with a fully fit Pyke and Wilson to come. Hopefully we get a couple of others too - a new left back, maybe a centre back and a goalscorer would be great.

As far as the manager is concerned, I’m not up his bottom, I didn’t wildly celebrate when he came back. But he’s earned the right to build a new team and the football is already better this season. Give it a chance.
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 128
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back  (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.