Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back  (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just back  (merged)

This thread currently has 12,203 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
headingly_mariner
August 19, 2023, 7:45pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120

He does, once again today instead of killing off a team at home while we were clearly on top with our high press and attacking style (which he has in him, we all saw in last time he relegated us to the conference) which we were for those first 20 minutes, he had us drop deep once agains to "DeFeNd tHe 1 NiL" and let them back in. Instead of going at teams for the kill he bends over drops his pants and lets teams have their way, it was the same in his first stint and it's the same in the second. Don't get me wrong he finds absolute gems of players Conteh and Rodger already look like player and young player of the season, but he has the tactical sense of a WW1 general, one plan over and over again.

We were much the better side for 20 minutes. We flat out pressed them in the heat.
Hopefully as the season goes on we will be able to sustain it.
We've played some good teams and look a good side ourselves.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 128
sonofmadeleymariner
August 19, 2023, 7:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

You are putting the fact we got relegated on Hurst and not the sharp object stick sniffing sharp object Holloway? Jesus wept

Well I mean i think we were about 6 or 7 spots above relegation before he arrived and then bottom after he did and changed the entire squad, I mean the evidence is right there...

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 128
sonofmadeleymariner
August 19, 2023, 7:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from chaos33

*Newsflash*……you don’t get to just control every game just because you’re called Grimsby Town, you muppet.

No, but evidence suggests when we play a certain way we certainly do you fool.

Wimblkedon - sat deep
Mansfield - sat deep
County - started press retreated after scoring twice
Salford - pressed for 90 mins
Mansfield - started press retreated after scoring

I know its hard for you to see with your head so far up Hurst bottom but the evidence is clear

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 128
ginnywings
August 19, 2023, 7:52pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548

Well I mean i think we were about 6 or 7 spots above relegation before he arrived and then bottom after he did and changed the entire squad, I mean the evidence is right there...

Go and have a few beers and chill out.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 128
pontoonlew
August 19, 2023, 7:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
If we were a racehorse you’d be looking at our form and be saying that it’s worked out well. Done pretty well against sides who’ve themselves had very good starts.

It doesn’t get much easier yet either, but to come through relatively unscathed so far represents a pretty good start. I’m slightly concerned at how little we’re creating still though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 128
Northbank Mariner
August 19, 2023, 7:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,532
Gold Stars: 172

It's quite obvious you don't like Hurst, that's your perogative, but he got us our highest league position since 2006 and made us the first team to beat 5 teams in a higher league whilst getting to the FA Cup quarter final, first time we've done that since 1939...so regardless of your hatred for him, he brings us relative success, and I'll take that over a dour 1-1 against one of time best lg2 teams you're likely to see this season..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 128
sonofmadeleymariner
August 19, 2023, 7:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
If you'd listened to the post-match interview, you'd have heard Hurst say it most definitely wasn't the plan to sit back and defend after taking the lead. That's clearly what the players ended up doing but it wasn't under instruction.

Looked at to me that our team didn't think we were as good as them so sat back and defended by instinct. Unfortunately, it also meant we stopped trying to play football enough when we did have possession.

He says this every time we do, but strangely we always do it. He lies to cover his own bottom when it goes against him. After we beat Salford he said he thought we were better at county and when asked if players looked more comfortable in their positions today playing higher up the park he said they didn't

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 128
grimsby pete
August 19, 2023, 7:56pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
I can not believe the gloom merchants on here .

Look we have played 3 home games won 1 drawn 2 let in 1 goal .

Just played one of the best sides in our division and some are still not happy.

I said after our 1st game don't judge the team until we have played 10 or more games.

Yes we all like to win most games but it does not happen just ask Wrexham fans.

They are finding things a bit different now they are back in the league.

With all their better paid players they are no better than us.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 128
ginnywings

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from pontoonlew
If we were a racehorse you’d be looking at our form and be saying that it’s worked out well. Done pretty well against sides who’ve themselves had very good starts.

It doesn’t get much easier yet either, but to come through relatively unscathed so far represents a pretty good start. I’m slightly concerned at how little we’re creating still though.

Pretty good summation, and one I'd agree with.

Scored 5 goals in a week though, which suggests that we are taking our chances at a higher rate than last season, because as you say, we aren't yet creating loads.

Promising start for me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 128
sonofmadeleymariner
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

Don't take this the wrong way but every time we don't win you come across like a petulant simpleton.

And I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but unfortunately, happy clappers like yourselves can't see what's plainly evident with your heads so far up Hurst bottom

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 128
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back  (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.