Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back  (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just back  (merged)

This thread currently has 12,072 views. Print
13 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 All Recommend Thread
bradzmilne
August 21, 2023, 5:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,427
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from sam gy
Well, we haven't looked at the Cowleys because we haven't been in need of a manager.

You don't just get rid of someone who, in two full seasons, has got us promoted and then lead us to our highest league finish in nearly 20 years, and the quarter final of an FA cup.

For what it’s worth, I think at some point we will have the Cowley brothers at the helm.

Unsure why, just think our paths are destined to cross.

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 128
It Bites
August 21, 2023, 5:23pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,227
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from bradzmilne

For what it’s worth, I think at some point we will have the Cowley brothers at the helm.

Absolutely and sooner than some might think
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 128
Lincoln Mariner 56
August 21, 2023, 5:48pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,697
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from bradzmilne

Ex Lincoln player under the Cowley’s, who enjoyed promotion and cup run with them, not too complimentary about their tactics and team talks ( some very bizarre like dividing areas of the pitch up into different chocolate brands “ get into Twix and avoid Kit Kat”) and clearly they haven’t had much success since leaving the Chimps so it’s a no from me, not that we are looking.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 128
bradzmilne
August 21, 2023, 6:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,427
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Ex Lincoln player under the Cowley’s, who enjoyed promotion and cup run with them, not too complimentary about their tactics and team talks ( some very bizarre like dividing areas of the pitch up into different chocolate brands “ get into Twix and avoid Kit Kat”) and clearly they haven’t had much success since leaving the Chimps so it’s a no from me, not that we are looking.

Like I say, it’s based purely on nothing but a gut feeling.

Took the Huddersfield job post Lincoln while they was experiencing their Premier League hangover… That was always going to be a difficult job for anyone.

Then went to Pompey and had an above 50% win percentage.

Have also been continuously praised for their innovative methods & have a knack for winning.

Hopefully, it’s a long way away before we have to think about Hurst's successor. However, I’d suspect unemployed these would be high on our wanted list - when that day comes

UTM

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 128
moosey_club
August 21, 2023, 6:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,268
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

That chocolate bar trick was purely to get Matt Rhead to run around in training

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 128
1mickylyons
August 22, 2023, 7:46am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,387
Gold Stars: 56
I used to love giving Rhead stick BUT he was a very effective striker in the National League in particular big strong and held the ball up bringing others in to play. If him and Hearn had played together up top that would have been some partnership to watch Regarding the Cowley boys I know the Imps love em and understandably so but I  always thought it was their take on long ball % football. Not for me
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 128
lew chaterleys lover
August 22, 2023, 9:01am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,732
Gold Stars: 237
Rightly or wrongly depending on your viewpoint the owners trust Hurst implicitly and unless disaster strikes (relegation) I can see him becoming the longest serving manager at one club in the football league.

Admittedly the churn of managers is ridiculous so it wouldn't be the honour it once was, but the owners say they trust Hurst on the football side whilst they concentrate on the business and that seems a good model to follow.

We all hope it works out but I think personally there will have to be off field plans made public if we are to keep fans involved in the "project" as this league will be harder to get promoted from than some envisaged, me included.
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 128
sam gy
August 22, 2023, 11:37am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
For what it's worth, i think Hurst's achievement of getting Shrewsbury to a league one playoff final trumps anything the Cowley's have achieved so far.

Time will tell if he's the man to hopefully get us out of league 2!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 128
wuffing
August 22, 2023, 12:16pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +838
Gold Stars: 38
For what it's worth the Cowley sides remind me of that team down South from a few years ago......Thugs United

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 128
13 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back  (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.