Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back  (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just back  (merged)

This thread currently has 12,067 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
August 19, 2023, 6:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Exactly. It’s always the same 5 or 6 miserable, unrealistic babbling nitwits peddling the same old unhinged, entitled dross. Stop bothering and find something worthwhile in life.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 128
It Bites
August 19, 2023, 6:11pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,222
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from chaos33
Exactly. It’s always the same 5 or 6 miserable, unrealistic babbling nitwits peddling the same old unhinged, entitled dross. Stop bothering and find something worthwhile in life.

Bloody hell calm down . It’s just my opinion, it shouldn’t cause offence should it ? I’m probably wrong but I’m entitled to be mardy after watching a team play exactly how I want us to play . 2 years 3 years ? Hopefully we’ll get there
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 128
LH
August 19, 2023, 6:14pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,534
Gold Stars: 173
4pts from two difficult opponents in a few days. Unbeaten at home. Relatively speaking we’ve had a solid start looking at the table as a whole. Nice to have a player who’ll have a peek at where the goal is and lash one at it for the first time in a while.

You can see that Mansfield will be up there at the end of the season even with players missing but we did make it easy for them at times. Particularly just before when Pyke was introduced - they played the same ball over the top from right back and beat our slow back line fairly comfortably. Being able to sub Rhys Oates - who has a fairly decent goal record since leaving us - shows their depth. Aden Flint is what an AI generator would draw as a 2020s footballer.

It’s a good point that’ll seem better in April and it’s worth remembering that easier games will come (in a couple of months time!).
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 128
ginnywings
August 19, 2023, 6:16pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from It Bites

Bloody hell calm down . It’s just my opinion, it shouldn’t cause offence should it ? I’m probably wrong but I’m entitled to be mardy after watching a team play exactly how I want us to play . 2 years 3 years ? Hopefully we’ll get there

Do you think I like it?

I'd love to see us play like that, and hopefully we will one day, but it takes time.

I can remember us beating Mansfield 7-1 in non league, but now we are both established League 2 clubs. Just they are a bit more established then we are.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 128
TwoLeftFeet
August 19, 2023, 6:16pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,082
Gold Stars: 18
Good point Mansfield looked a decent team.. they should have been down to 10 men too..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 128
It Bites
August 19, 2023, 6:19pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,222
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from ginnywings

Do you think I like it?

I'd love to see us play like that, and hopefully we will one day, but it takes time.

I can remember us beating Mansfield 7-1 in non league, but now we are both established League 2 clubs. Just they are a bit more established then we are.

👍🏻
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 128
Mappers
August 19, 2023, 6:22pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,340
Gold Stars: 119
They are consistently well financed by the Radfords .

I'm not sure what some people want - I get Hursts style is not always easy on the eye but it gets results against more well stocked teams .

I mean if we played Notts & Mansfield at their own games and got pumped 5 or 6 but scored a couple would the moaners be happy because we put on a good show ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 128
chaos33
August 19, 2023, 6:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from It Bites

It hasn’t caused offence

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 128
chaos33
August 19, 2023, 6:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from LH
4pts from two difficult opponents in a few days. Unbeaten at home. Relatively speaking we’ve had a solid start looking at the table as a whole. Nice to have a player who’ll have a peek at where the goal is and lash one at it for the first time in a while.

You can see that Mansfield will be up there at the end of the season even with players missing but we did make it easy for them at times. Particularly just before when Pyke was introduced - they played the same ball over the top from right back and beat our slow back line fairly comfortably. Being able to sub Rhys Oates - who has a fairly decent goal record since leaving us - shows their depth. Aden Flint is what an AI generator would draw as a 2020s footballer.

It’s a good point that’ll seem better in April and it’s worth remembering that easier games will come (in a couple of months time!).

There we are….a bit of balance; rational, pragmatic, realistic…..

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 128
LocalLadGTFC
August 19, 2023, 6:31pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,229
Gold Stars: 137
Even with last seasons money, the Mansfield budget is still probably a good chunk larger than ours. Flint is probably on close to 5 figures a week. It's a great point against a team I expect to go up automatically.  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 29 - 128
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back  (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.