Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back  (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just back  (merged)

This thread currently has 12,066 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
August 19, 2023, 6:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Mate, don’t give cherries to pigs.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 128
sonofmadeleymariner
August 19, 2023, 6:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from ginnywings

Or maybe Mansfield stopped us going 2 or 3 up because they were better than us once they got to grips with the game.

Some people seem to forget there is another team on the pitch, who also want to get forward and score goals.

Yep and Hurst lets them, he doesn't attack teams and the few times he does are the times when we are the better side. Just like in the Salford game midweek, we attacked them for 90 minutes and didn't let them back in once bar one or two moments, compared to today, we attacked Mansfield at the start and didn't let them have the ball when they did get the ball we harassed them and their passing was poor and all over the place (same for the County game when we pressed and harrassed them) we scored and then slowly drifted deeper and deeper for the next 20 minutes, let them back in and then let them control the game for the next 70. Hurst is toothless. If there was ever a game to go at Mansfield it was today, we're the home side, at practically full strength and they were weakened and showing it at the start, but thats fine, we'll have another season with what? 6 home wins all season.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 128
August 19, 2023, 6:53pm
Guest User
Quoted from ginnywings

And you know this how?

Mansfield are no bigger as a club than we are, but have spent many seasons, sticking with their manager and getting better year on year.

If we don't win every game, every week, the same doom mongers are on here saying we are sh1t or mid table dross, or relegation fodder. You have no idea how the season will pan out, and I have no idea why I keep trying to make people see the reality of where we are in the scheme of things at the moment.

We have lost ONE game FFS.

Post of the week for me.
Reply: 42 - 128
GtfcGarner
August 19, 2023, 6:54pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,786
Gold Stars: 26
Thought Mansfield was excellent on both showing I’ve seen them and should be what we should be aspiring to be. Not seen a L2 club knock it round like that probably since David Artells Crewe team. They are simply a better footballing team than us and sometimes it’s a bitter pill to swallow and admit but they’ve had this seasons in the making.

We will play better in the future and end up losing games that’s just how it is, another day Mansfield could have had 3 or 4. Let’s take the point against a good team who will be up there and move on to Walsall.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 128
Northbank Mariner
August 19, 2023, 6:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,491
Gold Stars: 171
Why can't some accept that Mansfield were plain and simply better than us...
A team that has been together for 3 years now, have a style of play embedded into them that the execute perfectly.
We are a new team, players still getting to grips with each other, but it will take time, and I'll say this now, Rodgers is class, far better than league 2, actually better than Flint who is supposed to be the best centre back in the league.
We need Maher back, for as much as I like Waterfall, I do think his race is run as a lg2 footballer, great with his head, courageous but his bloody woeful with his feet and turns slower than an oil tanker!.
I'm not convinced we'll be anymore than mid table this season, and we won't face many teams, if any, as schooled as Mansfield.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 128
quebec38
August 19, 2023, 7:02pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,587
Gold Stars: 48
Mansfield look like a good side and play some expansive stuff with runners all over the place. We weren’t awful, we defended well but I thought they were the better side today and after scoring we struggled to control the game for any length of time.

Happy with a point tonight.
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 128
MuddyWaters
August 19, 2023, 7:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,262
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
A team that has been together for 3 years now, have a style of play embedded into them that the execute perfectly.
We are a new team, players still getting to grips with each other, but it will take time, and I'll say this now, Rodgers is class, far better than league 2, actually better than Flint who is supposed to be the best centre back in the league.
We need Maher back, for as much as I like Waterfall, I do think his race is run as a lg2 footballer, great with his head, courageous but his bloody woeful with his feet and turns slower than an oil tanker!.
I'm not convinced we'll be anymore than mid table this season, and we won't face many teams, if any, as schooled as Mansfield.

Absolutely correct about Luke Waterfall. I love the guy to bits but he makes us play far deeper because of his lack of pace. Niall Maher can’t come back soon enough.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 128
Limerick Mariner
August 19, 2023, 7:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 136
Not a lot really to add to the sensible posts above - they will be up there come end of the season, the stats show they’ve dominated possession every game this season. PH clearly had a plan not to get cut apart like they did to us last week. I continue to be impressed by our defensive signings and Conteh. Rose looks ok and would look better if we could get players closer to him in a bit of space. We have Wilson and Khan to come in. But we aren’t getting round the back of teams which is what I had hoped Eisa and Vernam would bring to us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 128
Plankton
August 19, 2023, 7:22pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,215
Gold Stars: 38
I think over the length of the season that point will look very decent. Mansfield will be up there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 128
sonofmadeleymariner
August 19, 2023, 7:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Because they were only better than us, once we let them be better than us, those first 20 minutes when we attacked and harrassed them they barely got a kick of the ball and when they did they were panicked and rushed. Mansfield was only better than us when we stopped doing that, it was the same at County and we all saw what happened against Salford when we did it for 90 minutes

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 128
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back  (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.