Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back well on the train  (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just Back well on the train  (merged)

This thread currently has 12,010 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
pontoonlew
August 12, 2023, 6:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,041
Gold Stars: 177
The disappointment for me is the fact we looked to have signed good players and I still believe we have, yet everything feels very much the same. I watched today and last Saturday multiple times last season & it’s all a bit predictable.

The squad still needs time, but that was the reason we signed them all early, to have them ready for the season. It’s more disappointing than it is concerning.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 95
FishySmithy
August 12, 2023, 6:28pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Approval: +36
Gold Stars: 3
Said for some time and not just after todays results that we need another CM - Clifton is shocking when not the fittest player on the pitch and on the ball (IMO gets and easy time as he is one of our own), Gav Past it, Green not good enough.  Need another CB cover Waterfall is past it. And cover at RB/LB. But hey ho I’ll take being proven wrong and 6 Points in the next two games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 95
sonofmadeleymariner
August 12, 2023, 6:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Hagrid

Thats harsh. I thought he did allright considering he is not a left back, and was better than Glennon who needs taking out the 11.

Same Hagrid, I thought he really put a shift in and wipped a couple good crosses in

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 95
TAGG
August 12, 2023, 6:35pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,948
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from FishySmithy
Said for some time and not just after todays results that we need another CM - Clifton is shocking when not the fittest player on the pitch and on the ball (IMO gets and easy time as he is one of our own), Gav Past it, Green not good enough.  Need another CB cover Waterfall is past it. And cover at RB/LB. But hey ho I’ll take being proven wrong and 6 Points in the next two games.

Oh dear

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 95
headingly_mariner
August 12, 2023, 6:35pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,381
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from FishySmithy

Fuckinghell. Have you had a bang to the head?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 95
MaccasBoots
August 12, 2023, 6:36pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Approval: +685
Gold Stars: 23
Efete was far better than Glennon when he came on, but as usual the boo boys give him pelters
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 95
Yoda
August 12, 2023, 6:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,140
Gold Stars: 71
Etefe is one of our better players
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 95
barralad
August 12, 2023, 6:40pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from FishySmithy

Go on I'll bite. What was it about Waterfall's performance today that suggested he was past it?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 95
chipsandgravy
August 12, 2023, 6:42pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,613
Gold Stars: 37
Cant really add to much to what has already been said. I hate this ruddy system. We have isolated a decent goalscorer in Rose and Eisa being asked to play the MacAtee role clearly doesnt work - therefore cant work out if he decent or the cr@p Bradford version. Vernham has been pretty much a spectator in all the games so far and Glennon has had a bad week - those defensive frailities we feared were there - are there...plus I want our Harry of last season back.
Probably get a few red crosses on here but I havent understood the Mularkey fanfare. Not saying he is not a decent player but hardly catches the eye in the same way Rodgers does. Personally thought Efete did ok at left back.
All in all its a bit of a curates egg for me and would gladly see the back of this current system.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 95
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
August 12, 2023, 6:48pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -158
Gold Stars: 78
Not the worse defeat in the world but it showed that nothing has really changed under PH this season, I’m afraid it’s over for Glennon( nice lad he is) as he just gets targeted all the time. Rose looks decent but is isolated just like Taylor was last year, Rodgers and malarky look decent. Conteh looked a class apart and will be gone in January. The new keeper looks an improvement on Crocombe even though he conceded 3. I used to get mad after losses but now I know that results are irrelevant and sustainability is the key. In hurst we trust….

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 95
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back well on the train  (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.