Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Brighton Fan here to help if u have any questions
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 98 Guests

Brighton Fan here to help if u have any questions

This thread currently has 30,786 views. Print
24 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Rodley Mariner
March 10, 2023, 3:07pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from ska face

Might be a quirk of the swear filter on here, which changes “búgger” to sodomist.

I thought it all seemed a bit over the top!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 235
Poojah
March 10, 2023, 3:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,756
Gold Stars: 1,509
Yeah, that’s exactly what it is. Our slightly bizarre swear filter which rather than blanking out naughty words, attempts to turn them into less offensive alternatives, except in this instance, it’s done the opposite.

It’s a bit of a blunt instrument with often weird (though not usually offensive) effects, to be honest. Probably time to turn it off or at least change it so that it just stars words out instead.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 235
Seagulls eat Haddock
March 10, 2023, 3:31pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Approval: +299
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from Poojah
Yeah, that’s exactly what it is. Our slightly bizarre swear filter which rather than blanking out naughty words, attempts to turn them into less offensive alternatives, except in this instance, it’s done the opposite.

It’s a bit of a blunt instrument with often weird (though not usually offensive) effects, to be honest. Probably time to turn it off or at least change it so that it just stars words out instead.

thats quality

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 235
Poojah
March 10, 2023, 3:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Indeed. If we didn’t like you, we’d tell you to intercourse off, you fornicator.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 235
Limerick Mariner
March 10, 2023, 3:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,743
Gold Stars: 138
Best to use Irish expletives I find - I particularly like feckarse (as an expression I mean...)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 235
Seagulls eat Haddock
March 10, 2023, 3:43pm
Shandy Drinker
Do you know whats funny, I saw an article a few years back saying that in terms of adults who stated they were gay/lesbian, it was about 13.2% in Brighton & Hove and in the same article Manchester were just behind at 13.1%, but when we played Man Utd they're all singing about Brighton fans being gay, You literally couldn't make it up  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 235
BrMarin
March 10, 2023, 3:48pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +17 / -2
Approval: +95
Gold Stars: 8
When I was a student at Sussex Uni about 25 years ago I remember signing a petition to allow the controversial building of the AMEX in Falmer. Does this mean I get a complimentary ticket for the match? If it wasn't for people like me you might still be at The Withdean.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 235
Seagulls eat Haddock
March 10, 2023, 3:58pm
Shandy Drinker
Quoted from BrMarin
When I was a student at Sussex Uni about 25 years ago I remember signing a petition to allow the controversial building of the AMEX in Falmer. Does this mean I get a complimentary ticket for the match? If it wasn't for people like me you might still be at The Withdean.

Nah we'd have just built it somewhere else (there were a couple of other options) but thanks for signing though
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 235
Poojah
March 10, 2023, 4:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Do you know whats funny, I saw an article a few years back saying that in terms of adults who stated they were gay/lesbian, it was about 13.2% in Brighton & Hove and in the same article Manchester were just behind at 13.1%, but when we played Man Utd they're all singing about Brighton fans being gay, You literally couldn't make it up  

Funnily enough, 10 years or so ago I took my wife for a weekend in Manchester for her birthday. I know Manchester fairly well these days but didn’t at the time, and booked a hotel called Velvet on Canal Street.

Lovely hotel, but it was only in the evening in the hotel bar that it dawned on me that we were literally the only straight couple in there and we were, in fact, bang in the heart of Manchester’s gay district.

Ended up having probably the gayest night out I’ve ever had, but also one of the best me and the missus have had together as a couple. Different vibe altogether.

You won’t hear any homophobic nonsense from us (we don’t have a chant filter, fortunately). Not that we would anyway, but we’ll be to busy singing “c'est sera sera”. Hopefully…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 235
Brighton Rock Pod
March 10, 2023, 5:09pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +70
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Poojah

That’s mental!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 235
24 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Brighton Fan here to help if u have any questions

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.