Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Brighton Fan here to help if u have any questions
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 154 Guests

Brighton Fan here to help if u have any questions

This thread currently has 30,792 views. Print
24 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
nigelh
March 9, 2023, 9:04am

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +35
Bevendean? I'm not sure I would feel safe overnight.
It has a bit of a reputation. At least it's not Whitehawk 🤣
Also, there may well be parking restrictions on match day.
Certainly for parkrun on Saturdays, when there's a match, we are told to display a barcode if parking in
Bevendean.
Although, it's a different area.

.....................n
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 235
Seagulls eat Haddock
March 9, 2023, 9:08am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Approval: +299
Gold Stars: 11
yeah this particular spot is quite a way up the Avenue by the school - very quiet and might do for one or two nights
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 235
Astings
March 9, 2023, 11:05am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Approval: +128
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I'm stopping in central Brighton with my kids on the Saturday night but need to get north straight after kick off. Where is the best place to park on the Sunday to be able to have a pint before the game but then be the right side of the Amex to head north after it finishes? Assuming it will be slow to head back into central Brighton and then try to get out again?

You want to leave straight after kick off?  

Parking at Falmer station looks a possibility especially as you can do it via the app.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 235
Rodley Mariner
March 9, 2023, 11:31am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Astings

You want to leave straight after kick off?  

Parking at Falmer station looks a possibility especially as you can do it via the app.

Haha good spot. I'll be there until the bitter end regardless!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 235
Seagulls eat Haddock
March 9, 2023, 12:05pm
Shandy Drinker
Quoted from Astings

seriously, there are just 10 spaces its a tiny station and even if you book - some helmet will probably have taken your space anyway. I wouldnt risk it plus even if you did manage to get a spot therell be many thousands of people all milling around by your car - up to you though, but I wouldnt

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 235
Brighton Trawler
March 9, 2023, 2:13pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +70
Gold Stars: 7
Just a bit of info for anyone going via/parking in Lewes - their women’s team have their biggest ever game on the same day, home to Man U in the QF of the FA Cup. This will significantly impact parking (and pubs !) as the game has sold out. The ground is also near the station so the immediate area will be much busier than usual (including the station car park). Game kicks off at 12:30.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 235
Hagrid
March 9, 2023, 2:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,485
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from Brighton Trawler
Just a bit of info for anyone going via/parking in Lewes - their women’s team have their biggest ever game on the same day, home to Man U in the QF of the FA Cup. This will significantly impact parking (and pubs !) as the game has sold out. The ground is also near the station so the immediate area will be much busier than usual (including the station car park). Game kicks off at 12:30.

thankfully pre-booked our space, so hopefully wont be an issue for us!

but thanks for the heads up
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 235
Brighton Trawler
March 9, 2023, 2:25pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +70
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Hagrid

thankfully pre-booked our space, so hopefully wont be an issue for us!

but thanks for the heads up

That doesn’t guarantee you a space unfortunately - it’s a pay and display - but you might be ok. There are several car parks in town if you can’t get in, all within 10 mins walk or so. It’ll be chaos around the station from about 10am I suspect  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 235
Rodley Mariner
March 9, 2023, 3:06pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
Logistical nightmare this  

What's it like to get a beer either near the ground or near Mill Hill park and ride? Cheers again for all the help and patience chaps.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 235
Seagulls eat Haddock
March 9, 2023, 3:11pm
Shandy Drinker
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Logistical nightmare this  

What's it like to get a beer either near the ground or near Mill Hill park and ride? Cheers again for all the help and patience chaps.

nothing near the ground at all I'm afraid - your best bet if not doing Lewes or Brighton City Centre is literally 'IN THE GROUND'

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 235
24 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Brighton Fan here to help if u have any questions

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.