Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Brighton Fan here to help if u have any questions
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 808 Guests

Brighton Fan here to help if u have any questions

This thread currently has 30,798 views. Print
24 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Seagulls eat Haddock
March 10, 2023, 8:21am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Approval: +299
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from bradzmilne
Brighton on a Friday night/Saturday… Where are you recommending mate ?

If you want to enjoy good lively bars - then head for The Lanes area which runs right down to the seafront - literally hundreds of pubs/bars/clubs

If you want to also try and find other town fans then groups of you lot are more likely to be allowed in to The King & Queen, Wetherspoons down West Street, the bars literally on the beach and maybe The Font in the daytime but possibly not at night time (you'd have to try it and see

It's pretty hard trying to recommend specifics out side of these ones as we are so blessed with literally hundreds of bars/pubs - you'll love it

Specific advice for matchday - Dont enjoy it so much that you end up missing the game - it will take about 20/30 minutes to stagger up from the City bars area to the station and there youll find thousands of others all trying to get on the trains to the stadium, so allow time to get there. With a 2.15 kick off I wouldnt want to be leaving the city centre pubs any later than 1.00pm really and that might be tight depending on the numbers doing the same. Don't forget you can have more beers at the ground
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 235
Mayaman
March 10, 2023, 9:50am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74

If you want to enjoy good lively bars - then head for The Lanes area which runs right down to the seafront - literally hundreds of pubs/bars/clubs

If you want to also try and find other town fans then groups of you lot are more likely to be allowed in to The King & Queen, Wetherspoons down West Street, the bars literally on the beach and maybe The Font in the daytime but possibly not at night time (you'd have to try it and see

It's pretty hard trying to recommend specifics out side of these ones as we are so blessed with literally hundreds of bars/pubs - you'll love it

Specific advice for matchday - Dont enjoy it so much that you end up missing the game - it will take about 20/30 minutes to stagger up from the City bars area to the station and there youll find thousands of others all trying to get on the trains to the stadium, so allow time to get there. With a 2.15 kick off I wouldnt want to be leaving the city centre pubs any later than 1.00pm really and that might be tight depending on the numbers doing the same. Don't forget you can have more beers at the ground

I reckon the sodomist has shares in the concourse bars.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 235
Seagulls eat Haddock
March 10, 2023, 9:56am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Approval: +299
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from Mayaman

charming, glad I bothered  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 235
Brighton Trawler
March 10, 2023, 10:49am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +70
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Mayaman

Shame to see this, thought it was a decent forum until now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 235
Les Brechin
March 10, 2023, 10:59am

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,720
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Brighton Trawler

Shame to see this, thought it was a decent forum until now.

It is a decent forum (mostly anyway). Don't let one post put you off, I'm sure Mayaman was saying that with his tongue firmly in his cheek.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 235
supertown
March 10, 2023, 11:26am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,470
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I'm stopping in central Brighton with my kids on the Saturday night but need to get north straight after kick off. Where is the best place to park on the Sunday to be able to have a pint before the game but then be the right side of the Amex to head north after it finishes? Assuming it will be slow to head back into central Brighton and then try to get out again?

You’re leaving straight after kick off? Odd 😂
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 235
golfer
March 10, 2023, 12:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118

No we don't do that, our players arrive in their own cars as they have their own carpark and they generally get to the ground about 4 hours b4 kick off for prematch meal

Our players arrive on bikes with baskets on the front for their boots and packed lunch.  The players are looking forward to the game especially the hot showers as it will be the first time for many of them since the energy crisis started
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 235
Brazilnut
March 10, 2023, 1:24pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +979
Gold Stars: 30

charming, glad I bothered  

Honestly mate  I am sure this was said with  tongue in cheek with huge smile on face

All the Brighton fans that have come on here have been brill and a credit to your club  

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 235
Sid the Seagull
March 10, 2023, 2:55pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +85
Gold Stars: 5
Albion fans are understandably a little touchy around comments such as the above even if they are made in jest. It stems from years of homophobic abuse by visiting fans of other clubs and whilst it may be amusing to some, calling someone a sodomist for a giggle doesn't go down too well....unlike your mum.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 235
ska face
March 10, 2023, 2:58pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,781
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from Sid the Seagull
Albion fans are understandably a little touchy around comments such as the above even if they are made in jest. It stems from years of homophobic abuse by visiting fans of other clubs and whilst it may be amusing to some, calling someone a sodomist for a giggle doesn't go down too well....unlike your mum.  

Might be a quirk of the swear filter on here, which changes “búgger” to sodomist.
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 235
24 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Brighton Fan here to help if u have any questions

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.