Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Brighton Fan here to help if u have any questions
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 671 Guests

Brighton Fan here to help if u have any questions

This thread currently has 30,796 views. Print
24 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
Lost in Lincoln
March 17, 2023, 12:18pm
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +388
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Brighton Trawler
Just a bit of info for anyone going via/parking in Lewes - their women’s team have their biggest ever game on the same day, home to Man U in the QF of the FA Cup. This will significantly impact parking (and pubs !) as the game has sold out. The ground is also near the station so the immediate area will be much busier than usual (including the station car park). Game kicks off at 12:30.

What about parking at/near Eastbourne station? Would that be easier?

First game: 7/5/88 Aldershot (h) 1-1 (R)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 160 - 235
lukeo
March 17, 2023, 12:40pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from crusty ole pie

Cheers what hotel are you staying in ?

Cumberland ( on the Sea front)
Only me and my lad so back seats are free
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 161 - 235
Heisenberg
March 17, 2023, 1:01pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
Why on earth did Brighton build an out of town stadium with f#ck all parking?! I thought the idea was you either build in the town centre and make it park and ride, or you build out of town and make it car friendly. This is neither of those things. Seems completely ar#e about face to me.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 162 - 235
Seagulls eat Haddock
March 17, 2023, 1:14pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Approval: +299
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from Heisenberg
Why on earth did Brighton build an out of town stadium with f#ck all parking?! I thought the idea was you either build in the town centre and make it park and ride, or you build out of town and make it car friendly. This is neither of those things. Seems completely ar#e about face to me.

We desperately needed a home and to cut a long story short, it was the best option that we could get approval for (and even that wasnt easy - trust me). Land down here is at a premium and all the other possible sites were violently opposed by councils/locals/green campaigners etc etc

We're used to it now and it is a great stadium but I fully understand why away fans find it a pain in the ar se

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 163 - 235
Astings
March 17, 2023, 1:15pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Approval: +128
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Heisenberg

Brighton is surrounded by hills and the sea. It took over 10 years to find a site and get planning permission. In one sentence I've covered something that was probably one of the hardest things any club has ever achieved to get a stadium of their own.

At least our stadium is in the city and not in the next town along.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 164 - 235
Mayaman
March 17, 2023, 1:52pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Astings

I'd hitchhike. Then use a basket boat, (easily borrowed off a fisherman or his friend). You'll have the time (end?) of your life .

Happy to help

Made me laugh that.  In my youth and without my missus, I'd have tried that. I'll try something in between your suggestion and my original plans.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 165 - 235
diehardmariner
March 17, 2023, 2:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,698
Gold Stars: 541
Quoted from Astings

Brighton is surrounded by hills and the sea. It took over 10 years to find a site and get planning permission. In one sentence I've covered something that was probably one of the hardest things any club has ever achieved to get a stadium of their own.

At least our stadium is in the city and not in the next town along.  

Falmer's classed as Lewes isn't it?
Private Message
Reply: 166 - 235
Craigy01
March 17, 2023, 2:36pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +32
Gold Stars: 2
We are staying in Newhaven and then plan to use the park and ride at the racecourse.

The wife and kids want to go into Brighton while I'm at the match. Would I have to drop them off in Brighton first or can they use the park and ride and get the train into Brighton from Falmer?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 167 - 235
Seagulls over Sussex
March 17, 2023, 2:46pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +90
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from Craigy01
We are staying in Newhaven and then plan to use the park and ride at the racecourse.

The wife and kids want to go into Brighton while I'm at the match. Would I have to drop them off in Brighton first or can they use the park and ride and get the train into Brighton from Falmer?

Yes, they can do that. Park at the racecourse (free), then bus to the ground with you (also free) and walk to Falmer Railway Station (that way they get to see the ground as well!   they can then get the train from Falmer to Brighton and meet them at the car at the end of the game, OR meet them in town (get the train back after the game).

Or, they could get a bus from Brighton Racecourse (Elm Grove) into town.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 168 - 235
Astings
March 17, 2023, 2:53pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Approval: +128
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from diehardmariner

Falmer's classed as Lewes isn't it?

The stadium is officially in Brighton, the coach park is in Lewes. The site borders both so to speak.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 169 - 235
24 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Brighton Fan here to help if u have any questions

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.