Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Brighton Fan here to help if u have any questions
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 77 Guests

Brighton Fan here to help if u have any questions

This thread currently has 30,800 views. Print
24 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
Astings
March 17, 2023, 7:34pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Approval: +128
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Heisenberg
I really do appreciate that, it’s so nice of you, but no, I’m going to decline and see where I end up on Sunday! But thank you, I’ll not forget how great you lot have been on this forum since the draw. I hope you don’t all do an about-turn after the final whistle, wink wink x.

To be honest I love what the FA cup is about. I've seen us at the final and the replay back in 1983, seen us in the semi a few years ago. I fully appreciate just what it means to fans of clubs lower down the pyramid. We're looking good in the league, we're currently living our dream. I'd love to lose to you if we can bank a European spot. To be fair we're likely to be close to Wembley again soon (last words) you may not unless it's in a play-off.

We remember where we've come from, those that campaigned long and hard for where we are now, sadly many never got to see that final day when we moved back into a permanent ground in the city and then to the EPL.The club includes a history lesson to all new staff during induction, that's to new players, coaches down to the cleaners. It's important to us to remember our battle to survive.

Enjoy your day.All of you!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 180 - 235
Heisenberg
March 17, 2023, 7:54pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Astings

To be honest I love what the FA cup is about. I've seen us at the final and the replay back in 1983, seen us in the semi a few years ago. I fully appreciate just what it means to fans of clubs lower down the pyramid. We're looking good in the league, we're currently living our dream. I'd love to lose to you if we can bank a European spot. To be fair we're likely to be close to Wembley again soon (last words) you may not unless it's in a play-off.

We remember where we've come from, those that campaigned long and hard for where we are now, sadly many never got to see that final day when we moved back into a permanent ground in the city and then to the EPL.The club includes a history lesson to all new staff during induction, that's to new players, coaches down to the cleaners. It's important to us to remember our battle to survive.

I’m slightly tipsy and pressed the Red Cross on my phone by accident - mid-40’s with terrible eyesight, that’s all!

I like your post, and we do aspire to achieve similar heights. Maybe one day….
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 181 - 235
barralad
March 17, 2023, 8:47pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from Astings

I was born in Shoreham and lived in Lancing in the 60s. My first ever pro football game was on 5th November 1966-Brighton v Doncaster Rovers (0.0.) for my school mates birthday do in the days of the great Kit Napier. The old man was a Grimsby exile and we moved back up north in December 66 before I got hooked. Most posters on this board won't be aware of the dark Brighton days when, if I remember correctly the Goldstone was sold from underneath you and the exile at Gillingham began. Its a tribute to Brighton fans that you kept the club going. You deserve every success now. I hope one day we can emulate what's gone on in Sussex by the Sea.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 182 - 235
LH
March 17, 2023, 9:03pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,602
Gold Stars: 175
Quoted from Astings

To be fair we're likely to be close to Wembley again soon (last words) you may not unless it's in a play-off.

I know what you‘re saying but there was a time not long ago that we called Wembley Blundell Park South because we were there so often (four times in four seasons, five in eight)!
Private Message
Reply: 183 - 235
AussieMariner
March 17, 2023, 9:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,076
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Heisenberg

I’m slightly tipsy and pressed the Red Cross on my phone by accident - mid-40’s with terrible eyesight, that’s all!

I like your post, and we do aspire to achieve similar heights. Maybe one day….

You can turn the Red Cross into a green tick or even a gold star if you really feel bad - just go back to the post and press the alternative.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 184 - 235
Heisenberg
March 17, 2023, 9:55pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from AussieMariner

You can turn the Red Cross into a green tick or even a gold star if you really feel bad - just go back to the post and press the alternative.

Well there you go - you really CAN teach an old dog new tricks!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 185 - 235
HerveJosse
March 17, 2023, 10:34pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
Just spent Friday night in The Lanes in Brighton is it always this quiet.?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 186 - 235
Heisenberg
March 17, 2023, 11:13pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from HerveJosse
Just spent Friday night in The Lanes in Brighton is it always this quiet.?

Nope - they heard you were coming.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 187 - 235
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
March 17, 2023, 11:15pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from Heisenberg

Nope - they heard you were coming.

I knew he was a moaner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 188 - 235
moosey_club
March 17, 2023, 11:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,298
Gold Stars: 226
Big thank you to all the input from the Brighton fans along this thread. Other than Sunday...all the best to you, been class. 👏

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 189 - 235
24 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Brighton Fan here to help if u have any questions

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.