Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Brighton Fan here to help if u have any questions
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 87 Guests

Brighton Fan here to help if u have any questions

This thread currently has 30,791 views. Print
24 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
Rodley Mariner
March 16, 2023, 11:35pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from crusty ole pie
is there an early train from Eastbourne to Brighton ? Coach not taking us in till 12 and I fancy being around earlier

Why not just look at National Rail Enquiries? Some of you are going to be asking these poor lads if they'll nip to your hotels and wipe your arses before long 😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 235
lukeo
March 17, 2023, 3:21am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from crusty ole pie
is there an early train from Eastbourne to Brighton ? Coach not taking us in till 12 and I fancy being around earlier

Not sure of the answer to this but I'm staying in Eastbourne and heading in over to the racecourse (in Brighton not Wrexham)  once we get kicked out our room at 10am, if you're close by more than happy for you to jump in with me and my lad
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 235
crusty ole pie
March 17, 2023, 7:34am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,383
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from lukeo

Not sure of the answer to this but I'm staying in Eastbourne and heading in over to the racecourse (in Brighton not Wrexham)  once we get kicked out our room at 10am, if you're close by more than happy for you to jump in with me and my lad

Cheers what hotel are you staying in ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 235
Davec
March 17, 2023, 7:46am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
Does the travel zone include from Preston Park pre match and to Preston Park post match? I know we will need to change at Brighton.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 235
Seagulls eat Haddock
March 17, 2023, 8:29am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Approval: +299
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from Davec
Does the travel zone include from Preston Park pre match and to Preston Park post match? I know we will need to change at Brighton.

Yes - literally ANY station within the travel zone and the furthest points are Worthing out to the west, Haywards Heath to the north and Eastbourne to the east

look here and scrol ldown to train map - shows all included stations https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/club/stadiums/the-amex-stadium/transport/free-travel-services
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 235
Davec
March 17, 2023, 9:32am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42

Yes - literally ANY station within the travel zone and the furthest points are Worthing out to the west, Haywards Heath to the north and Eastbourne to the east

look here and scrol ldown to train map - shows all included stations https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/club/stadiums/the-amex-stadium/transport/free-travel-services

Cheers, very helpful
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 235
bedders78
March 17, 2023, 10:02am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +839
Gold Stars: 12

"You can use your matchday ticket or season ticket to use most services between 11.30am and 9pm for a 3pm kick-off and between 4.15pm and midnight for a 7.45pm kick-off.

Free travel services for other kick-off times will vary accordingly"

Does that mean the free travel will start at 10:45am? Can I just ride around as I fancy in that time?

Grim Outlook exile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 235
Seagulls eat Haddock
March 17, 2023, 10:16am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Approval: +299
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from bedders78

"You can use your matchday ticket or season ticket to use most services between 11.30am and 9pm for a 3pm kick-off and between 4.15pm and midnight for a 7.45pm kick-off.

Free travel services for other kick-off times will vary accordingly"

Does that mean the free travel will start at 10:45am? Can I just ride around as I fancy in that time?

They havent specifically given a start time but that would be about right. In my experience, you just show your match ticket if its quite early or from one of the lesser used stations and the staff will just let you through. If its from the big stations Worthing, Eastbourne etc there will usually be many others doing the same thing. If its at Brighton they dont even bother asking about tickets as there will be thousands doing it.

With regards to riding around 'as you fancy' I'm not 100% sure as Ive never done that, it was designed to take you from any station in the zone to the ground but you might get away with it if you just say you are meeting someone when you get off at a different station. To be honest I'm not sure what they would do about it anyway, so you'll probably be fine
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 235
Mayaman
March 17, 2023, 11:22am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

Why not just look at National Rail Enquiries? Some of you are going to be asking these poor lads if they'll nip to your hotels and wipe your arses before long 😂

They are very informative to be fair.  Better than Chat GPT, so let me try one.  It's half term coming up so; Should I bus it to Vung tau and get a ferry to Con Dau island or rent a bike and drive to La Gi?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 235
Astings
March 17, 2023, 11:36am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Approval: +128
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Mayaman

They are very informative to be fair.  Better than Chat GPT, so let me try one.  It's half term coming up so; Should I bus it to Vung tau and get a ferry to Con Dau island or rent a bike and drive to La Gi?

I'd hitchhike. Then use a basket boat, (easily borrowed off a fisherman or his friend). You'll have the time (end?) of your life .

Happy to help
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 235
24 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Brighton Fan here to help if u have any questions

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.