Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Brighton away
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 63 Guests

Brighton away

This thread currently has 38,512 views. Print
26 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
March 2, 2023, 9:20am
Guest User
Quoted from OddShapedBalls
Unfortunately the heart says we're going to Wembley, but my head says the dream ends at Brighton - they are light years ahead of Southampton (who were pretty damn good on the ball and created lots of chances despite being so awful by prem standards) and I can't imagine they will make more than 4, maybe 5 changes to the staring team and risk falling into the disjointed performance trap.
I'm feeling pretty zen about it though, who cares if we lose in the next round really?  It's been a magical journey

Yeah, I have to agree. I've been hugely optimistic ever since we got rid of Fenty (* spit *) but thinking rationally rather than emotionally
I can't see a way past Brighton away. As you say, it's been a magical once-in-a-lifetime journey.
This is kind of appropriate...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8WMGBuNaus
Reply: 60 - 252
cmackenzie4
March 2, 2023, 9:41am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.23
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from GyMariner
excrement draw really

Hardly a excrement draw, they are flying in the premiership and if you watch them a very good team, yes we’d all have liked Man Utd away but Brighton is hardly a excrement draw.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 252
Maringer
March 2, 2023, 9:52am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,709
Gold Stars: 189
It's the farthest away and most difficult to get to by some distance, especially with the trains as they are at present. Fulham a bit easier to reach than Brighton, all the other quarter-finalists a lot easier to reach. After the two Manchester clubs, it is the team we're least likely to have a chance of beating and we won't even be able to get enough tickets for fans that do want to go.

That's a crap draw for me all day long.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 252
Rodley Mariner
March 2, 2023, 9:57am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,279
Gold Stars: 185
Been a pretty good cup run considering that in every round I've been told we've got a really excrement draw.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 252
toontown
March 2, 2023, 10:58am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,266
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Hardly a excrement draw, they are flying in the premiership and if you watch them a very good team, yes we’d all have liked Man Utd away but Brighton is hardly a excrement draw.

I think that's his point - they're a really good side who we have almost no chance of beating, but without the glamour of the Manc sides, plus its a ridiculously long trip and we'll get a smaller allocation (slightly) than the last round. Compared to what we could have had its a excrement draw - bit like all the others really, we're winning this aren't we!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 252
Rick12
March 2, 2023, 11:03am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from mariner91

They're 8th and six points off qualifying for Europe with a game in hand. They're a bit of a different proposition to Southampton who have been terrible all season.
Some decent players in that squad notably world cup winner Alexis Mac Allister,Danny Wellbeck and Adam Lallana.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 252
jamesgtfc
March 2, 2023, 11:15am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -6
Approval: +13,105
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from OddShapedBalls
Unfortunately the heart says we're going to Wembley, but my head says the dream ends at Brighton - they are light years ahead of Southampton (who were pretty damn good on the ball and created lots of chances despite being so awful by prem standards) and I can't imagine they will make more than 4, maybe 5 changes to the staring team and risk falling into the disjointed performance trap.
I'm feeling pretty zen about it though, who cares if we lose in the next round really?  It's been a magical journey

With a Championship team guaranteed to be in the semi-final, it presents a great opportunity for Brighton to ensure they have European football to play next season. They don't have relegation to worry about so it will be a different approach and we are no longer operating under the radar.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 252
TownSNAFU5
March 2, 2023, 11:35am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,908
Gold Stars: 42
We only conceded late on away to Palace.  That was with 10 men nearly all game.  We can do another rearguard defence.  We have a chance at Brighton.  Even if only a very outside chance.

We will be taken more seriously than 16th in Div 2.  That is a mindset higher teams and fans find it hard to get past.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 252
AndyGTFC
March 2, 2023, 11:40am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +808
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from GrimRob
I reckon we will get the early Sunday slot with Manure the main act in the second game. The all Championship game will be Friday.

United and City can’t play at home on the same day and United have to play on the Sunday due to Europa, and Brighton can’t play on the Friday due to the Palace game so yeah it has to be the Sunday by process of elimination surely!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 252
Lincoln Mariner 56
March 2, 2023, 12:44pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,784
Gold Stars: 82
Think the draw is conspiring against wedded bliss in my household after just returning from Southampton on my wife’s birthday I then announced its likely me and the lad will now be away on Mother’s Day, so we need to cancel restaurant booking, and should we win again the semi final clashes with a planned weekend in Spain which would also have to bite the dust as nobody could expect us to miss an event that in most likelihood will only happen once a century. Not sure why she just disappeared out the room so quickly can’t be anything I said!!!

If she’d let me finish the good news is we’ve nothing planned for the weekend of the Final 😀😀
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 252
26 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Brighton away

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.