Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Brighton away
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 58 Guests

Brighton away

This thread currently has 38,514 views. Print
26 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
March 2, 2023, 7:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,018
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
We only conceded late on away to Palace.  That was with 10 men nearly all game.  We can do another rearguard defence.  We have a chance at Brighton.  Even if only a very outside chance.

We will be taken more seriously than 16th in Div 2.  That is a mindset higher teams and fans find it hard to get past.

The Palace performance was forced upon us due to the sending off.

I'm not sure sitting back against a team that is going as well as Brighton are would be the best choice.

Despite the players putting on a magnificent performance last night, at times Southampton were pretty crap and as has happened a few times this season it only took one of our defenders to leave the man he was marking and bingo he scored.
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 252
Theimperialcoroner
March 2, 2023, 8:20pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,324
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from We Wunt Be Druv

Withdean, now we enjoyed a lot of success there, but what a soul destroying stadium that was. Man U had Theatre of Dreams whilst we had the Theatre of Trees. And kudos for trying the away end. Even worse than the family stand view. You needed binoculars.

This will be the 4th ground I’ve seen Grimsby play Brighton!

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 252
We Wunt Be Druv
March 2, 2023, 8:55pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +91
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

This will be the 4th ground I’ve seen Grimsby play Brighton!

Very well done sir!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 252
Stadium
March 2, 2023, 9:55pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from grimps
It’s 83 years since our last FA Cup quarter final , these games don’t come around very often for Grimsby fans so I’m pretty sure we’ll sell out whatever tickets they offer us .
I reckon if they’re struggling to sell all their home tickets then we could get more than 5000

They've averaged nearly 31,000 at home this season.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 252
Poojah
March 2, 2023, 10:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +30,046
Gold Stars: 1,535
Quoted from Stadium

They've averaged nearly 31,000 at home this season.

Yeah, they’ll sell ‘em. For all of Brighton’s new found success, they’ve only had as many FA Cup semi-finals in their history as us (albeit, both somewhat more recently than us).

It’s a big game for them, even if we may be small beer in opponent terms. On the one hand it may limit our allocation slightly, but on the other at least they’ll make it more of an occasion than Southampton did. Still haven’t released the attendance, have they?

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 252
TheRealJohnLewis
March 2, 2023, 11:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from Poojah

Yeah, they’ll sell ‘em. For all of Brighton’s new found success, they’ve only had as many FA Cup semi-finals in their history as us (albeit, both somewhat more recently than us).

It’s a big game for them, even if we may be small beer in opponent terms. On the one hand it may limit our allocation slightly, but on the other at least they’ll make it more of an occasion than Southampton did. Still haven’t released the attendance, have they?

Total attendance was 17503

Private Message
Reply: 115 - 252
nickjhs
March 3, 2023, 12:56am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +28
Quoted from ska face
Just had a look on their forum and they’re already talking about Wembley allocations & ticket prices.

There has been a lot of push back since a few idiots starting posting that crap. Sure we are hoping to win and on paper will win but nothing is a given in this game. Most of us are looking forward to hosting a decent team with bloody good fans, and win or lose I suspect you will get a cheer from us, after all you have at a minimum got to the 1/4 finals, and no matter how crap Stains are at the moment they are still a PL side. So bloody well done to you guys.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 252
aldi_01
March 3, 2023, 6:39am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I kinda understand why some Brighton fans would do that. It’s different to say the play off semi where you had two evenly matched sides. If you apply logic, we don’t have a hope in hell. It’s one thing playing Southampton who are dreadful, it’s another playing a much improved Brighton since Potter left, and the chance to win a trophy must be something they relish.

That said, football is a funny game and it only takes a mistake or a ropey VAR decision either way and town could find themselves in an FA cup semi final.

As for allocation, I guess we’ll have to wait and see, the AMEX holds more than I relapsed so that helps. I do know that deep down, we’re all worried about the online ticketing system…poor fornicator is shite at the best of times but here’s yet another big game for it to buckle under pressure…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 252
coddy60
March 3, 2023, 6:45am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -16
Approval: +659
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from We Wunt Be Druv

Our stadium is only 500 or so smaller than St Mary's presently. I think you get 15% and that makes your allocation around 4770 of a total 31800.

Edit: JUst read the post about the rules for stadiums over a certain size not having to give 15% so what I said may not be entirely accurate. I don't think we will change what we did for Liverpool though, wouldn't seem fair.

Echo?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 252
forza ivano
March 3, 2023, 6:46am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,303
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

Total attendance was 17503

£300,000 gate receipts ; 40% = £120,000. After expenses probably another £75,000 in the bank (we had to pay £10k for our new hero VAR remember)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 252
26 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Brighton away

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.