Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Brighton away
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 82 Guests

Brighton away

This thread currently has 38,520 views. Print
26 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... Next All Recommend Thread
We Wunt Be Druv
March 3, 2023, 7:09am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +91
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from coddy60

Echo?

Sorry mate, just seen your post and another similar. It's me age!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 252
bradzmilne
March 3, 2023, 7:21am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,433
Gold Stars: 30
I’m still slowly coming to terms with everything.

Grimsby Town… FA Cup Quarter Finalists.

Even the mere suggestion of that is foolish at best & idiotic at worst.

It almost feels like the game doesn’t matter. The game and weekend is to purely celebrate our wonderful town and football club.

A day to thank Stockwood/Pettit, Hursty and the team.

A once in a lifetime day to spend with friends and family, while remembering those mariners who are sadly no longer with us but would have loved to have watched Grimsby Town in an FA Cup Quarter Final.

Conversely, it’s an “FA Cup Quarter Final”.

We’re 90 minutes from Wembley and an FA Cup Semi Final.

The laws of football simply forbid little old Grimsby from the fourth tier making an FA Cup Semi Final.

So that can’t happen.

Or can  it?

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 252
ska face
March 3, 2023, 7:43am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,852
Gold Stars: 854
Quoted from aldi_01

As for allocation, I guess we’ll have to wait and see, the AMEX holds more than I relapsed so that helps. I do know that deep down, we’re all worried about the online ticketing system…poor fornicator is shite at the best of times but here’s yet another big game for it to buckle under pressure…

Yeah I bet nobody was sweating on Wednesday night as much as the IT bods at Venue Toolbox
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 252
Phil the cod
March 3, 2023, 7:55am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Hardly a excrement draw, they are flying in the premiership and if you watch them a very good team, yes we’d all have liked Man Utd away but Brighton is hardly a excrement draw.

If you had to pick somewhere to spend a couple of days away and spend 90mins watching your team......then it's Brighton all day long for me, yes man utd/city are bigger teams, but it's great in Brighton for a night out, get yourselves down "the lanes" for a few beers and a bit of shopping.
I think all this moaning about it being a excrement draw is a bit disrespectful to Brighton, who have always been a decent club with decent fans.
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 252
grimps
March 3, 2023, 7:56am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,178
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from bradzmilne
I’m still slowly coming to terms with everything.

Grimsby Town… FA Cup Quarter Finalists.

Even the mere suggestion of that is foolish at best & idiotic at worst.

It almost feels like the game doesn’t matter. The game and weekend is to purely celebrate our wonderful town and football club.

A day to thank Stockwood/Pettit, Hursty and the team.

A once in a lifetime day to spend with friends and family, while remembering those mariners who are sadly no longer with us but would have loved to have watched Grimsby Town in an FA Cup Quarter Final.

Conversely, it’s an “FA Cup Quarter Final”.

We’re 90 minutes from Wembley and an FA Cup Semi Final.

The laws of football simply forbid little old Grimsby from the fourth tier making an FA Cup Semi Final.

So that can’t happen.

Or can  it?

Yeah right ..
Going out and enjoying the occasion and having a nice day is all well and good until we start winning , I blew my way through 3 vapes and ten finger nails watching the last half hour of that game on Wednesday
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 252
aldi_01
March 3, 2023, 8:11am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I know people are desperate to play Utd for many a reason but at this stage, the shittest draw the better at this stage surely?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 252
Brighton Trawler
March 3, 2023, 8:20am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +70
Gold Stars: 7
Brighton fan here, just a bit of context…… don’t take any notice of the handful of our goons thinking this is in the bag already and being a bit gobby from the safety of their keyboards. We’ve got a long history and track record of losing games we ‘should’ win (see Charlton just a few weeks ago) so there is no complacency on the part of most of us, and doubt there will be in the squad either - De Zerbi is STILL sore about the Charlton defeat in the Carabao and keeps mentioning it. This game is pretty much as big a deal for us as it is for you (we’ve never won anything) so there’s huge excitement and anticipation this end.

I’ll be absolutely amazed if the game doesn’t sell out, particularly as your allocation will be bigger than a normal away one (will be c4,800) - Southampton showing by them was very poor (was the same for us at Stoke this week, they didn’t seem to care).

You’ll be made very welcome in the City and at the Amex and won’t see much big time Charlie arrogance from our fans - we know where we’ve come from. Good luck and let’s hope the game does the occasion justice….
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 252
Rodley Mariner
March 3, 2023, 8:22am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,279
Gold Stars: 185
I don't think it's any disrespect to Brighton that it's not the draw we wanted. It's a great place and will be a brilliant weekend but it's a very long journey for most and whilst they're not one of the historically bigger clubs they're also very, very good.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 252
toontown
March 3, 2023, 8:28am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,266
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I don't think it's any disrespect to Brighton that it's not the draw we wanted. It's a great place and will be a brilliant weekend but it's a very long journey for most and whilst they're not one of the historically bigger clubs they're also very, very good.

This. We'll need to play out of our skins, they'll need to have  a massive off day, and we'll need to get very very lucky, and that's just to stay level for 90 minutes.

Still going to be an amazing experience though isn't it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 252
Rodley Mariner
March 3, 2023, 8:29am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,279
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from toontown

This. We'll need to play out of our skins, they'll need to have  a massive off day, and we'll need to get very very lucky, and that's just to stay level for 90 minutes.

Still going to be an amazing experience though isn't it.

100% It wasn't my number 1 pick but it would be churlish to complain too much about who we've got in the FA Cup quarter finals.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 252
26 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Brighton away

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.