Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Brighton away
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 65 Guests

Brighton away

This thread currently has 38,521 views. Print
26 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Poojah
March 3, 2023, 1:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +30,046
Gold Stars: 1,535

Do we think it'll be full? I genuinely don't know - they seem to fill it for league games.

It’s a grand occasion, even if we might not be a grand opponent in the big scheme of things. I’m confident it will be a full sellout, and probably at full price which seems to be £30 adults and £18 concessions looking at recent PL fixtures.

That makes it a potentially expensive day out for families (unless the club seek to negotiate cheaper options) but also quite lucrative for the club. Probably between a £300k and £400k share of the gate receipts. Not what it would have been at Old Trafford perhaps, but beggars can’t be choosers - it’s still a significant windfall for the club.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 252
pontoonlew
March 3, 2023, 1:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,107
Gold Stars: 181
I think throughout this cup run there’s been a lot of potentially excrement draws. A lot of the good draws went out early doors, although we’ve had some stinkers (wouldn’t swap them for the world now though. If we’d got Burnley/Blackburn/Fulham away we’d have been gutted.

Brighton isn’t great in terms of distance but it’s a great chance of a long weekend for many, a new ground & it’s the quarter final of the FA Cup!

Looking at the teams, only Man U away appealed to me. Couldn’t care less about going to the Etihad and getting spanked by City.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 252
LH
March 3, 2023, 1:42pm

Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,612
Gold Stars: 177
It’s an FA Cup quarter final - I didn’t care who we got. It was unthinkable two years ago that we’d be in this position. Enjoy this mini golden age while it lasts.
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 252
GollyGTFC
March 3, 2023, 1:46pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,987
Gold Stars: 361
Quoted from pontoonlew
I think throughout this cup run there’s been a lot of potentially excrement draws. A lot of the good draws went out early doors, although we’ve had some stinkers (wouldn’t swap them for the world now though. If we’d got Burnley/Blackburn/Fulham away we’d have been gutted.

Brighton isn’t great in terms of distance but it’s a great chance of a long weekend for many, a new ground & it’s the quarter final of the FA Cup!

Looking at the teams, only Man U away appealed to me. Couldn’t care less about going to the Etihad and getting spanked by City.

Yeah, Brighton was the only ground I’ve not been to out of the 7 potential away draws. Went to the Withdean a couple of times, is the new stadium better?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 143 - 252
Les Brechin
March 3, 2023, 1:47pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,730
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from LH
It’s an FA Cup quarter final - I didn’t care who we got. It was unthinkable two years ago that we’d be in this position. Enjoy this mini golden age while it lasts.

Yeah, the last EIGHT teams in the country. That's almost European Football next season in The Prem.  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 252
BobbyCummingsTackle
March 3, 2023, 2:36pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,352
Gold Stars: 309
Quoted from Poojah

It’s a grand occasion, even if we might not be a grand opponent in the big scheme of things. I’m confident it will be a full sellout, and probably at full price which seems to be £30 adults and £18 concessions looking at recent PL fixtures.

That makes it a potentially expensive day out for families (unless the club seek to negotiate cheaper options) but also quite lucrative for the club. Probably between a £300k and £400k share of the gate receipts. Not what it would have been at Old Trafford perhaps, but beggars can’t be choosers - it’s still a significant windfall for the club.

Hmm, I think I'm maybe conditioned by 'unfashionable Grimsby'.

And I'd be worried about getting a ticket. As an exile, going in with the home supporters is always my last resort option when tickets are scarce. It's not a favoured option but I get to see the game.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 252
ChannelMariner
March 3, 2023, 3:06pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +52
Gold Stars: 2
If you’re passing through North Laine make sure to make yourselves known if you spot the mighty mariner in the window above the cafe Bread and Milk!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 252
Mariner93er
March 3, 2023, 3:14pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,736
Gold Stars: 28
Couldn't care less who we're playing, it's an FA Cup quarter final. It makes me slightly emotional every time I try to process it. I still haven't quite grasped it yet though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 252
Astings
March 3, 2023, 3:37pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Approval: +128
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from immariner

Yeah, we all have different weightings for how decent a draw is. For me, having got all this way, it's dosh then chance of progression. Brighton's ground is smaller than Bramall Lane, a gnat's nadger bigger than Ewood Park (assuming there'll be a decent crowd) and not appreciably bigger than Craven Cottage or Turf Moor, to elevate it too much dosh-wise. Chance of progression arguably much slimmer than against Sheffield Utd, Blackburn or Burnley. Fulham is similar but I've never been to Craven Cottage and would personally prefer to go there. But it matters not a jot now. Brighton will be cracking for a weekender and more-than-a-generational occasion!

Can I firstly say as a Brighton fan, well done. Having been a fan for 50 years I fully appreciate the underdog nerves. It was a great watch with even me pacing the floorboards waiting for the final whistle.

Come down and enjoy the day on the south coast. Whatever the result I'm sure it will be a friendly occasion. Those thinking of coming for the weekend while Brighton has the nightlife, Lewes is worth thinking of. It's the county town but is small, home to the local brewery and plenty of pubs. It's just one stop from the Amex on the train. I live near Hastings and much prefer Lewes for a pre or post match beer.

In response to the capacity of the Amex it's 31800, only 250 less than Bramell Lane, 500 more than Ewood Park and 10000 more than Fulham currently and 10000 more than Burnley.

We no doubt will sell out as we are well supported. You will get the whole South end which holds about 4800.

Enjoy the day, win or lose.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 252
Stadium
March 3, 2023, 4:59pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
https://twitter.com/ScottWoodthorpe/status/1631674484405989378?cxt=HHwWhMCzgY7T76QtAAAA

Potential (and provisional) FA Cup quarter-final time slots for #GTFC

Sat 18 March 5.25pm - BBC1
Sun 19 March 11.15am - ITV1
Sun 19 March 1.50pm - BBC1
Sun 19 March 3.45pm - ITV1

*subject to change. Times are not kick-offs

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 252
26 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Brighton away

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.