Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Brighton away
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 86 Guests

Brighton away

This thread currently has 38,518 views. Print
26 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... Next All Recommend Thread
White_shorts
March 3, 2023, 6:18pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -652
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from Poojah

I dunno, Brighton are now an established top-half PL team with a fairly new 32,000 seater stadium (the third biggest in the draw) which will be full come match day. It’s a new ground for Town and an architecturally unique one, unlike the Saints Bowl.

Brighton's stadium is a bit odd: two big side stands, but relatively small behind the goals.  That might help Town.  I think Bramall Lane, Turf Moor or Ewood Park would have been more intimidating.

As long as Brighton don't score early, it should be a cracking game.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 252
nigelh
March 3, 2023, 6:56pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +38
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Went to the Withdean a couple of times, is the new stadium better?

Just a bit🤣
Withdean is an athletic track; the Amex is a purpose built football  stadium.😀

.....................n
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 252
Brighton Trawler
March 3, 2023, 7:59pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +70
Gold Stars: 7

Do we think it'll be full? I genuinely don't know - they seem to fill it for league games.

It’ll sell out, no question.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 252
Heisenberg
March 3, 2023, 8:01pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,111
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from Brighton Trawler

It’ll sell out, no question.

I should hope so too, it’s your cup final.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 252
Brighton Trawler
March 3, 2023, 8:08pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +70
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Heisenberg

I should hope so too, it’s your cup final.

Absolutely correct  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 252
Sid the Seagull
March 3, 2023, 9:45pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +85
Gold Stars: 5
It seems your ticket allocation is 4621 which I'm sure you will sell out in no time at all, shame we couldn't give you a few more but there is a chance that if the home tickets don't seem to look like selling out then you might get an extra allocation. I think that's unlikely though as its an FA Cup quarter final and as exciting and anticipated for us as it is for Grimsby fans. There's a semi final at Wembley for the winners so we certainly wont be fielding a weakened team or taking it for granted as we've never won anything of note apart from a few promotions as champions and this looks like our best chance ever of actually winning something and qualifying for Europe. That is not something I ever dreamed of saying even 10 years ago! We've been through some dark times as a club in the past but somehow managed to end up where we are now. Its easily the best and most skillful Albion team I've ever seen us field in over 45 years of watching us and most Albion fans are fairly humble about where we've come from and not like the entitled type of fans you get at Chelsea, Man City etc. Looking forward to welcoming all you Mariners down for a great FA cup tie.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 252
rmt1990
March 3, 2023, 9:48pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +4
Quoted from Sid the Seagull
It seems your ticket allocation is 4621 which I'm sure you will sell out in no time at all, shame we couldn't give you a few more but there is a chance that if the home tickets don't seem to look like selling out then you might get an extra allocation. I think that's unlikely though as its an FA Cup quarter final and as exciting and anticipated for us as it is for Grimsby fans. There's a semi final at Wembley for the winners so we certainly wont be fielding a weakened team or taking it for granted as we've never won anything of note apart from a few promotions as champions and this looks like our best chance ever of actually winning something and qualifying for Europe. That is not something I ever dreamed of saying even 10 years ago! We've been through some dark times as a club in the past but somehow managed to end up where we are now. Its easily the best and most skillful Albion team I've ever seen us field in over 45 years of watching us and most Albion fans are fairly humble about where we've come from and not like the entitled type of fans you get at Chelsea, Man City etc. Looking forward to welcoming all you Mariners down for a great FA cup tie.

There is no chance of any additional allocation. ST holders in the East stand and SW corner being moved from their usual seats already have chance to buy elsewhere in the stadium.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 252
Astings
March 3, 2023, 10:15pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Approval: +128
Gold Stars: 3
Just to let you know the cost of the ticket includes certain travel plans, this includes park and ride, buses in the area to and from the Amex but also a zone of train travel. This means you only need to buy a train return ticket to Haywards Heath. The return ticket from Haywards Heath to Falmer (The station 100 yards from the Amex) is included in the ticket price. Therefore don't pay to go beyond Haywards Heath it's all covered.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 252
TownSNAFU5
March 3, 2023, 10:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,908
Gold Stars: 42
Clear guidance about the various crowd capacities at The Amex.

Just as well this tie is not at Blundell Park.  If Brighton fans had innocently asked what our stadium capacity was, we would still be here in a years time arguing about the correct total capacity. But
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 252
forza ivano
March 3, 2023, 10:33pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,304
Gold Stars: 266
i think those saying that at least Brighton won't tonk us like Moan U or Citeh could do, should take a look at Brighton's performances and league position this year. They are a VERY good side ,and if they turn up it could easily be a tonking
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 252
26 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Brighton away

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.