Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Brighton away
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 74 Guests

Brighton away

This thread currently has 38,525 views. Print
26 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
March 5, 2023, 9:10am
Guest User
Quoted from ginnywings
I have been very impressed with Brighton this season and last. They play very good pass and move football, with speed and threat. They are on a totally different level to Southampton and I very much doubt we can live with them, but as ever with football, you never know.

Still can't believe we beat Everton all those years ago. They totally battered us for the entire game and were a very formidable team, but somehow we beat them with a wonder strike and backs to the wall defending.

The most one sided game against us we have won in my 50 years following Town

Definitely.

Thanks for reminding me of that Everton game - I've switched allegiance from the "There's no way we don't get tonked at Brighton" camp
(for which I now feel suitably and properly ashamed) to your "I very much doubt we can live with them" camp.

There's no doubt the fates conspired in our favour at Southampton; we'll need all that and more at the Amex though.
Reply: 190 - 252
jimgtfc
March 5, 2023, 10:06am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,124
Gold Stars: 46
Apologies if already mentioned but has it been confirmed when tickets will be on sale yet?

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 191 - 252
HertsGTFC
March 5, 2023, 10:21am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,082
Gold Stars: 238
Quoted from ska face
Was it Chelsea that gave Scunny the full gate receipts from their cup match a while back? That’d be nice wouldn’t it? Brighton don’t need the cash, would be a nice PR boost for them. I’ll send Mr Bloom an email

Yup, and since then the w@makers at the FA have put a stop to it. I seem to recall Arsenal were happy to take nothing from their game at Sutton but instead donated a sum to their training facilities.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 192 - 252
HertsGTFC
March 5, 2023, 10:26am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,082
Gold Stars: 238
Quoted from Sid the Seagull

Sorry to dissapoint you but there is very little chance of us playing a weakened team, De Zerbi will likely field a very strong line-up. Having watched us today v West Ham it was men v boys, we absolutely battered them! Arguably our best performance of the season so far. Your boys will have to be on it from the start and be alive to the pace of the game, you don't get any time on the ball at this level and mistakes are often punished. Our Japanese winger, Mitoma, is on fire and could cause you a lot of problems. It should be a cracking cup tie and atmosphere, can't wait !

It may sound an odd comment but as well as your players the size of your pitch might hurt us as well, your players have great movement and the ability to move the ball very quickly and open up the pitch, something you don’t see at L2 level that often.

It would be a massive compliment if your manager played a really strong side to be honest.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 193 - 252
Astings
March 5, 2023, 10:42am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Approval: +128
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from ska face
Was it Chelsea that gave Scunny the full gate receipts from their cup match a while back? That’d be nice wouldn’t it? Brighton don’t need the cash, would be a nice PR boost for them. I’ll send Mr Bloom an email

You could email the CEO Paul Barber Paul.barber@bhafc.co.uk. He will answer you directly (not pass it on to a secretary). He is well known by Brighton fans for his engagement and loves an email, however expect a long reply!

Again it's something Brighton are great at ,they are all approachable, Tony Bloom often travels with the fans on the train with a few tinnys to sup. Also he will join the fans in the crowd when away.

New players are given a history lesson on the club and are aware of the bad times we suffered.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 194 - 252
elduderinoUTM
March 5, 2023, 11:07am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +3
I would just like to say I cannot wait for this. Don't think there's any chance of me getting a ticket but my trains are booked, weekend in a great city, full of fellow mariners. It's what it's all about.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 195 - 252
ginnywings
March 5, 2023, 11:08am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from jimgtfc
Apologies if already mentioned but has it been confirmed when tickets will be on sale yet?

A week tomorrow I think.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 196 - 252
HerveJosse
March 5, 2023, 11:18am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,210
Gold Stars: 145
Mitoma v Efete caused me a sleepless night last night
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 197 - 252
grimsby pete
March 5, 2023, 11:30am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,842
Gold Stars: 222
Best away wins for us over the years are at Man City , Chelsea,  Liverpool , Newcastle , Everton , and have not played Man Utd  

So we will just have to do that at Wembley.

We can dream can't we  

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 198 - 252
PB
March 5, 2023, 11:30am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +256
Gold Stars: 3
I don’t know if it’s been mentioned but it would be great if we were able to play
In black and white.
There is no clash with shorts or socks, and their current shirt is more blue than white.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 199 - 252
26 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Brighton away

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.