Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Brighton away
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 66 Guests

Brighton away

This thread currently has 38,508 views. Print
26 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
March 4, 2023, 7:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,337
Gold Stars: 229
Without going through every page....has anyone said "excrement draw" yet?
Feel it's necessary to keep superstitions in order 😂

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 180 - 252
Sid the Seagull
March 5, 2023, 12:37am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +85
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from LH
They’ve a better chance of qualifying for Europe through the league than through the Cup so I hope they win every PL until our game as they *might* start a slightly weaker team if they’re in a good position then.

Sorry to dissapoint you but there is very little chance of us playing a weakened team, De Zerbi will likely field a very strong line-up. Having watched us today v West Ham it was men v boys, we absolutely battered them! Arguably our best performance of the season so far. Your boys will have to be on it from the start and be alive to the pace of the game, you don't get any time on the ball at this level and mistakes are often punished. Our Japanese winger, Mitoma, is on fire and could cause you a lot of problems. It should be a cracking cup tie and atmosphere, can't wait !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 181 - 252
Yoda
March 5, 2023, 12:49am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,182
Gold Stars: 73
We will be there Sid if we can get a ticket 4600 is not a lot we would bring triple that if we could.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 182 - 252
ginnywings
March 5, 2023, 2:19am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
I have been very impressed with Brighton this season and last. They play very good pass and move football, with speed and threat. They are on a totally different level to Southampton and I very much doubt we can live with them, but as ever with football, you never know.

Still can't believe we beat Everton all those years ago. They totally battered us for the entire game and were a very formidable team, but somehow we beat them with a wonder strike and backs to the wall defending.

The most one sided game against us we have won in my 50 years following Town
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 183 - 252
lukeo
March 5, 2023, 5:55am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,419
Gold Stars: 149
I have to admit I have a soft spot for Brighton. Just simply because of the way they conduct themselves and play football the right way. I enjoy watching them and Arsenal. I don't support anyone else except Grimsby but I do look out for BAHAFC results
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 184 - 252
Mappers
March 5, 2023, 7:17am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.40
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,569
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from Astings

He is a lifelong Brighton fan, his grandfather, father, uncle and now brother have all been involved for 50 odd years. A wealthy family but Tony surpassed all their wealth and some. He is a multi billionaire and has stated the next Chairman will be his son who is currently a child! The club has no debt apart from his personal investment which didn't require any borrowing. The "debt" is slowly being converted into shares at the benefit of taxes etc.

He will not lose interest anytime soon.

We are so lucky to have a good source of clean money and apart from that someone who is so clever with his use of analysis of all players worldwide.

Read an article about Tony Bloom a bit ago and then watched an interview because I was interested as he seems a bright fella and has managed to make a hell of a lot of  money from something most of us just lose at -gambling . He has some of the biggest single wins on the horses ever and when younger was a professional poker player -amazing what hes done with your club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 185 - 252
pontoonlew
March 5, 2023, 8:44am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,107
Gold Stars: 181
Think the reality of the task ahead hit home watching the Brighton highlights last night!

However, a win would be the biggest in our history (and one of the biggest in FA Cup history) and the excitement for that won’t fade in the next 2 weeks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 186 - 252
lukeo
March 5, 2023, 8:50am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,419
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from pontoonlew
Think the reality of the task ahead hit home watching the Brighton highlights last night!

However, a win would be the biggest in our history (and one of the biggest in FA Cup history) and the excitement for that won’t fade in the next 2 weeks.

If I get tickets I'm going with 0 expectations of any sort of result. I just want us, as the fans, to really get behind the team like we did at Southampton. Show the world who we are and why a player should play for us.
I have to say, how poor was Carlisles support? Never heard a single word from them. As the Grimsby fans sang "just like a library"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 187 - 252
toontown
March 5, 2023, 8:51am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,266
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Sid the Seagull

Sorry to dissapoint you but there is very little chance of us playing a weakened team, De Zerbi will likely field a very strong line-up. Having watched us today v West Ham it was men v boys, we absolutely battered them! Arguably our best performance of the season so far. Your boys will have to be on it from the start and be alive to the pace of the game, you don't get any time on the ball at this level and mistakes are often punished. Our Japanese winger, Mitoma, is on fire and could cause you a lot of problems. It should be a cracking cup tie and atmosphere, can't wait !

You often don't get any time on the ball at lower levels as players go flying in, often we get a bit more time against a team that wants to play football. Obviously though the moment you lose it you are far more likely to be punished against a quality team such as yourselves.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 188 - 252
ska face
March 5, 2023, 9:07am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,853
Gold Stars: 854
Was it Chelsea that gave Scunny the full gate receipts from their cup match a while back? That’d be nice wouldn’t it? Brighton don’t need the cash, would be a nice PR boost for them. I’ll send Mr Bloom an email
Private Message
Reply: 189 - 252
26 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Brighton away

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.