Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 210 Guests

Just Back (merged)

This thread currently has 10,870 views. Print
10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
January 22, 2022, 5:14pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

Yes we huffed and puffed but simply just not acceptable at this level for a club of our standing and support, end of.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Hagrid
January 22, 2022, 5:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,384
Gold Stars: 527
Not good Enough.

Did we think we’d won the game at 1-0? No urgency no fight no tactical nous. Errors gifting a bang average side 3 points. But how many weeks have we said that now?

If JMD was Injured, why the intercourse didnt we bring on Sousa or Wright. Not a Centre midfielder!? At no point in that 2nd half did we look like going to win that game. And thats not good enough.

Ive supported Paul a lot, but thats enough for me. 2 wins from 14, shithoused by teams like flipping Bromley. A midfield who cant create and 5 points off the Play offs.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 95
TAGG
January 22, 2022, 5:19pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,969
Gold Stars: 123
One that got away.
Should have been out of sight first 35 but no.
Decision making by our players is dismal.
I know the first substitution was probably through injury but why not Soooos or Max to come on?
Nothing against Harry but a bit more positive please Hurst.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 95
headingly_mariner
January 22, 2022, 5:21pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,316
Gold Stars: 113
That was the worst we’ve played at home this season. Didn’t pick the strongest 11 and made the wrong subs. Not good.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 95
pontoonlew
January 22, 2022, 5:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,834
Gold Stars: 167
Hursts decision to go 3 in midfield at half time lost us a game we were well on top of.

It’s getting to the point where it can no longer be defended.

Good first half full of intent and width, Abraham’s was impressive and JMD took his goal well. Taylor looked a bit off but a great flick for the goal.

Second half we lost all width with the change which in turn exposed Smith all half. No idea what was going through Hursts head. After the winner he then switched back to the formation we had in the first half, why on earth change it in the first place?!

He has to go, this run of form isn’t a blip, it’s a rot and his managerial record in the past 3 years is nothing short of abysmal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 95
sonofmadeleymariner
January 22, 2022, 5:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,452
Gold Stars: 37
Two wingers on the bench but bring a CM on and move our best player who was running the show in all our attacking movements, then stand there for 35 minutes watching it not work before going hmmmm maybe I should make a sub and then waiting another 5 minutes before actually doing something about it.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 95
TAGG
January 22, 2022, 5:26pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,969
Gold Stars: 123
Hurst has a lot to answer for today.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 95
Kris2
January 22, 2022, 5:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,628
Gold Stars: 136
Just not good enough. Let go of a lead by a cheap mistake and then never looked like winning the game in the second half. Lots of huff and puff but little end product as usual and they get the chance to win it. Getting totally outgamed and outplayed by these pub teams is really not good enough.

We overreact if we win or lose, people calling others out for saying the players don't give a toss when we finally beat a team that's too crap to lose against and then we drop points to flipping Bromley. I'll assume JMD was injured and had to come off but his replacement was ineffective and we completely looked lost with the tactics in the second half. Hurst's sub phobia meant we had subs about 15 minutes after we needed to change things around and no time to really affect the game in any meaningful way. New guy should have come off way before he did, wasn't doing anything and looked blown up 10 minutes into the second half so needed to come off. Sometimes it's hard to believe we have plenty of players who have played games in higher leagues when they look lost playing against clubs like Bromley.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 95
cmackenzie4
January 22, 2022, 5:28pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
Just can’t believe we lost (at home) when they beat us at their place (in the manner they did) where was our fight and grit ?? I’m losing my faith in Paul Hurst now, we should have been well up for this game.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 95
chipsandgravy
January 22, 2022, 5:29pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,586
Gold Stars: 35
Two wingers on the bench but bring a CM on and move our best player who was running the show in all our attacking movements, then stand there for 35 minutes watching it not work before going hmmmm maybe I should make a sub and then waiting another 5 minutes before actually doing something about it.

Don't ofter agree with you but on this occasion you are right. I am also still mightly depressed with the thought that we couldn't push the boat out for Hunt but a team bottom of Division 2 and almost bankrupt could. Our midfield today offered nothing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 95
10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.