Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 285 Guests

Just Back (merged)

This thread currently has 10,873 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
Rodley Mariner
January 23, 2022, 12:31pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
I think there is a softness to us at the moment. We're not getting outplayed or well beaten, just continually finding ways to lose tight games typically in the lqst 15-20 minutes. I think that's probably why he keeps returning to Coke but we clearly need more in there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 95
HertsGTFC
January 23, 2022, 12:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from mariner91
Fox has been a bit underwhelming but he’s not a bad player. The whole team is significantly worse when Coke is playing. He plods around not breaking up play much out of possession cause he’s just nowhere near mobile enough. In possession he often hides and very rarely gives the defenders an option unless it’s in a position he knows he won’t get shut down quickly. When he does have the ball, it’s slow and ponderous and invariably sideways making our attacking play so much slower. Got away with it to some extent next to Hunt but when Fox is also a grafter we’re so pedestrian and unimaginative in midfield it’s embarrassing.

Sorting out the middle of the pitch would make a big difference to the team. However he’s signed one player who he’s barely played and didn’t re-sign Hunt which worryingly makes it seem like he doesn’t recognise how bad Coke is these days.

I was really disappointed that we didn’t retain Hunt even though Wednesday upped the anti, that level of  creativity was missing yesterday when we needed it.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 95
drew peacock
January 23, 2022, 12:46pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +4
Coke's reaction at the end of the game said a lot - he was down on his knees with his head in his hands for at least a minute and nobody went near him. I feel for him in a way, he wasn't solely responsible for how yesterday panned out but until he's replaced we are going to struggle, what was more worrying to me was that the manager couldn't see he was physically struggling in the last 20 minutes and took Fox off instead.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 95
HertsGTFC
January 23, 2022, 12:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I think there is a softness to us at the moment. We're not getting outplayed or well beaten, just continually finding ways to lose tight games typically in the lqst 15-20 minutes. I think that's probably why he keeps returning to Coke but we clearly need more in there.

It’s odd, I know Crowcombe made a couple of saves yesterday but in the games I’ve seen us lose I can’t remember either of our keepers being over worked.

I don’t think we’ve got any clue when it comes to shutting down games when we’re in a decent position and part of the poor run seems to have aligned with us not keeping possession which is something we did well early in the season.

I don’t ever want us to sink to the level of Bromley but I would like us to have a bit more meanness, not cheating but be able to give it out a bit when required.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 95
arryarryarry
January 23, 2022, 12:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from drew peacock
Coke's reaction at the end of the game said a lot - he was down on his knees with his head in his hands for at least a minute and nobody went near him. I feel for him in a way, he wasn't solely responsible for how yesterday panned out but until he's replaced we are going to struggle, what was more worrying to me was that the manager couldn't see he was physically struggling in the last 20 minutes and took Fox off instead.

Not totally but he played a very big part in it, fannying about in our own area give them the goal that turned the game around.

He spends far too much time playing the ball backwards and we need better if we want to turn our season around.
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 95
pontoonlew
January 23, 2022, 4:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,841
Gold Stars: 167
I’ll never blame a player like Coke for their performances, he quite clearly tries. I’ve never rated him, not even when he was somehow flavour of the month at the end of last season, quite how Hurst then made him captain I’ve no idea.

It’s not his fault he’s thrown in every week but it’s quite obvious he’s not up to it, Hurst will try (and fail) to make it work all season though, much like he did with Monkhouse.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 95
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.