Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 388 Guests

Just Back (merged)

This thread currently has 10,903 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
marinette
January 22, 2022, 6:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
In the first half we were running rings around Bromley - absolutely head and shoulders above them in terms of skill and energy, and our goal was very well deserved.  I liked Abrahams, who seems to be a real sprinter and keen to take people on.  The other one who stood out for me was Giles Coke.  He doesn't usually, but today I really noticed him.  I thought McAtee was fairly quiet - not like him.

What went wrong later in the game?  From what I could see, we maybe switched off a bit after going ahead and being so much better than the opposition.  Mentally and physically, our players seemed to relax.  Of course, we can't do that.  We allowed them into our goal area and the inevitable happened.  Disappointing.

Abrahams possibly ran out of steam after a while, or else Bromley found a way of stifling him.  All of our players struggled more against them later on in the game.  It wasn't plain sailing anymore.  Very disappointed to concede a second, and that was the end of it.  

Went home a bit disheartened, but Bromley have been achieving quite a lot this season, so it's not as if we lost to a bottom-half team.  I think it's dangerous to discount a team and expect to trounce them just because they aren't an established name.  Having said that, we were so much better than them early on that it gives me some hope for the future (we are not a total lost cause).  

PS Coke my man of the match.  Can't think who else to give it to.

Private Message
Reply: 30 - 95
MuddyWaters
January 22, 2022, 6:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from It Bites
And stop moaning about Shithousery ffs . It's a man's game ffs. It never got called Shithousery in my day , it was called being competitive at all costs .

Not moaning about it at all. Point being that they know how they are able to play, we seem to come up with something different every week.

Today seemed to be ‘we’ve got a new signing, we’ve got to play him ‘.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 95
Hagrid
January 22, 2022, 6:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from marinette
In the first half we were running rings around Bromley - absolutely head and shoulders above them in terms of skill and energy, and our goal was very well deserved.  I liked Abrahams, who seems to be a real sprinter and keen to take people on.  The other one who stood out for me was Giles Coke.  He doesn't usually, but today I really noticed him.  I thought McAtee was fairly quiet - not like him.

What went wrong later in the game?  From what I could see, we maybe switched off a bit after going ahead and being so much better than the opposition.  Mentally and physically, our players seemed to relax.  Of course, we can't do that.  We allowed them into our goal area and the inevitable happened.  Disappointing.

Abrahams possibly ran out of steam after a while, or else Bromley found a way of stifling him.  All of our players struggled more against them later on in the game.  It wasn't plain sailing anymore.  Very disappointed to concede a second, and that was the end of it.  

Went home a bit disheartened, but Bromley have been achieving quite a lot this season, so it's not as if we lost to a bottom-half team.  I think it's dangerous to discount a team and expect to trounce them just because they aren't an established name.  Having said that, we were so much better than them early on that it gives me some hope for the future (we are not a total lost cause).  

Coke was Crap. He gifted them the first goal.  

They were all crap bar JMD.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 95
quebec38
January 22, 2022, 6:15pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,575
Gold Stars: 48
Average last week against as bad a side as you’ll see at BP this year. No idea how to score and it took a worldy to get us over the line.

No game plan again this week because we don’t have a playing style or any kind of plan. Started well for the first half an hour in terms of intensity which is commendable but still no idea how to score.

We have tried and tried for a centre forward all season and finally get one only for him to play wide on the left. We are stacked for wingers so what’s the thoughts behind that one?

6000 Grimsby fans and players left embarrassed by a bunch of shithouses today and it feels awful. Bromley aren’t up to much but they know their strengths and they play to them. They are physical and they will time waste and cheat but they get 3 points off the likes of us because we don’t have… any game plan.

Lacking in the middle of the pitch today. Coke was decent last week but against a poor side. Bad error for their equaliser. Crying out for something in the middle second half when we were being dominated. Burgess on the bench but he can’t get a game. What must he be thinking?

McAtee too deep first half and then in the second half he’s trying to do everything himself because it’s gonna take another wonder goal to get us in the game.

Shambles towards the end with nobody knowing what they were doing.

The coaching is abysmal at GTFC right now. Look at what the likes of Halifax and Bromley are doing with less in terms of skill but heaps more in terms of tactics and nouse.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 95
MuddyWaters
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Hagrid

Coke was Crap. He gifted them the first goal.  

They were all crap bar JMD.

Think that’s a bit unfair on Danny Amos.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 95
LH

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,504
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from marinette

Ironically?
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 95
ginnywings
January 22, 2022, 6:16pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Well that was sh1te. It just all felt so non league.

We are not threatening enough and Abrahams isn't going to change that. Another in a long line of honest triers, but they are ten a penny. Midfield is functional without being especially creative. Back 5 has a mistake in it every game, for which we always get punished, yet we never capitalise on things that come our way. When their keeper parries a ball, not a Town player in site. A few crosses flashed across their goal and no one there.

The ref was again bizarre, though not blaming him for the defeat, as that was inevitable from the moment they equalised and shut us down. Terrible substitutions from PH and the shape was all wrong. Smith was terrible and It's concerning that we have no other right back at the club apart from Efete.

Awful match, terrible result and seeing their players antics just summed up a crappy day all round.

Losing to them felt like a double loss.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 95
dicko995
January 22, 2022, 6:17pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -259
Gold Stars: 21
The Chairman has stated that the most important thing is the performance on the pitch, and the new ground at a later date,when the team has done the business. At this rate,we will never get a new ground, and probably just as weel, as it would be nearly empty. Progress under Hurst hasnt progressed one little bit, our hopes were well high after a dozen games, top of the league, unbeaten, so what the hell has happened? minor tweeks in changing the team and McAtee injury has been the blame according to onlookers, but since our first defeat, its all gone downhill. Building a successful team doesnt mean lots of loanees, as they will be gone by the end of the season, and hey ho, here we go again, trying to recruit a new team. Todays performance began brightly, we looked like we could score from nearly every attack, it looked promising, although i got a bit fed up of 20 players stood around the team dugouts at every goal kick. First half ends and were looking forward to the 2nd half. Drew doesnt reappear and Clifton is his replacement, which resulted in a big mistake. We were crying out for a swifty winger to get the crosses over, never happened. McAtee took too much on himself, got to near theyre goal, but the final ball wasnt there. Midfield was invisible, no through balls to launch attacks, and we ended up with the long balls, some going astray, leading to losing possession. Bromley were up for it 2nd half, and we had no answer, no guts, and no desire. Subs were as normal brought on late, (66th minute as usual). We have no bite, we rode our luck in defence and with the right opposition, we will get punished. Was impressed with Bromleys long throws, something we dont have anymore.  Mr.Hurst, i suggest you get your tactics right in future, you are in my mind on borrowed time, even tho i am not enthusiastic on manager change through the season. How can a team, full of commitment, suddenly go stale, we were lacklustre 2nd half, heads were down, and it didnt get better. Wrexham on tuesday seems a nightmare, time will tell.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 95
Hagrid

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Im basing it more on the fact i think they all allowed Bromley to get in their heads. And it worked.

I’m completely despondent tonight, we arent even gonna get in the P’offs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 95
ginnywings

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Agreed. He impressed me again after a shaky start.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 95
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.