Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 250 Guests

Just Back (merged)

This thread currently has 10,794 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
pontoonlew
January 23, 2022, 10:59am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,721
Gold Stars: 163
Quoted from Hagrid
Myself and those around were saying yesterday how much we were crying out for a Craig Disley or a Grovesy

Waterfalls headers across the box, noone on the end. Not one late run from midfield…

I expected big things from Fox but he’s been underwhelming

Have to disagree re Fox, I think he’s been good. The problem he has is he’s having to either carry Giles Coke or he’s pushed forward when McAtee has been out, both give him no chance to perform.

In the times he played with Hunt and McAtee he’s been very good, no coincidence IMO
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 95
chaos33
January 23, 2022, 11:13am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Fox is a really good player at this level . That’s just a fact.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 95
heppy88
January 23, 2022, 11:21am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,069
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Hagrid

I expected big things from Fox but he’s been underwhelming

Really??? Fox imo has been far from underwhelming. Funny how different people see the same game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 95
Hagrid
January 23, 2022, 11:29am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,987
Gold Stars: 508
Quoted from heppy88

Really??? Fox imo has been far from underwhelming. Funny how different people see the same game.

1 goal from Central Midfield. Whether Lew has a point playing alongside Coke maybe he does i dont know?

But i just expected more of a box to box midfielder.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 95
Hagrid
January 23, 2022, 11:31am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from chaos33
Fox is a really good player at this level . That’s just a fact.

We’re 10th in the National League pal. If you want to see a midfield pairing that i’d consider really good, look at Halifax’s. I was mightily impressed with their work ethic
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 95
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 23, 2022, 11:45am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,510
Gold Stars: 64
I think we need to replace Coke and Clifton before Fox, as I said last night Burgess can’t be up to much if he can’t get in this midfield so it looks like another squad signing as does Abraham’s, Smith and to a lesser extent Amos. Non of the signings made are improving the starting eleven so that’s my major concern at present and has made me doubt the suitability of PH to take us forwards.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 95
chaos33
January 23, 2022, 11:46am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Quoted from Hagrid

We’re 10th in the National League pal. If you want to see a midfield pairing that i’d consider really good, look at Halifax’s. I was mightily impressed with their work ethic

Yeah cheers ‘pal’. What’s that got to do with it? Halifax’s midfield pair were dominated by our players once Hunt was on.  I’m not talking about a midfield ‘pairing’ and not suggesting that we can’t aspire to better. If you know football, you’ll know that Hunt is a loss, and Fox is a good player. Beyond that, well, that’s another story. Is Coke good enough? Is the shape right? Do we need another centre midfielder? How good is the lad from Port Vale? All up for debate I reckon….

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 95
MuddyWaters
January 23, 2022, 11:50am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Hagrid

1 goal from Central Midfield. Whether Lew has a point playing alongside Coke maybe he does i dont know?

But i just expected more of a box to box midfielder.

We don’t set up for that type of player. Hurst plays with four attack minded players and two sitting midfielders of which Fox does most of the work.

Coke drops too deep and does the easy stuff.
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 95
Hagrid
January 23, 2022, 11:51am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from chaos33

Yeah cheers ‘pal’. What’s that got to do with it? Halifax’s midfield pair were dominated by our players once Hunt was on.  I’m not talking about a midfield ‘pairing’ and not suggesting that we can’t aspire to better. If you know football, you’ll know that Hunt is a loss, and Fox is a good player. Beyond that, well, that’s another story. Is Coke good enough? Is the shape right? Do we need another centre midfielder? How good is the lad from Port Vale? All up for debate I reckon….

Im referring to the away game which we lost.
And the new lad didnt come on yesterday but im wondering if Hurst see’s him as more of a 10 than a CM? Not really sure as we’ve not seen him yet
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 95
mariner91
January 23, 2022, 12:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,249
Gold Stars: 253
Fox has been a bit underwhelming but he’s not a bad player. The whole team is significantly worse when Coke is playing. He plods around not breaking up play much out of possession cause he’s just nowhere near mobile enough. In possession he often hides and very rarely gives the defenders an option unless it’s in a position he knows he won’t get shut down quickly. When he does have the ball, it’s slow and ponderous and invariably sideways making our attacking play so much slower. Got away with it to some extent next to Hunt but when Fox is also a grafter we’re so pedestrian and unimaginative in midfield it’s embarrassing.

Sorting out the middle of the pitch would make a big difference to the team. However he’s signed one player who he’s barely played and didn’t re-sign Hunt which worryingly makes it seem like he doesn’t recognise how bad Coke is these days.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 95
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.