10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
hampshiremariner
January 22, 2022, 5:31pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,005
Gold Stars: 35
What gets me is the inconsistency. We looked OK against Halifax at home and some of us were thinking we'd turned the corner. But immediately we start losing again. When it looks as if some of the players are not bothered it really hurts. And when you sink to mid-table (if we are lucky) you realise that we are going to take a long time to get out of this league and, to be honest, we could sink lower. It hurts losing to Bromley. Who????
I used to talk about the heritage of this club and got rubbished by loads of correspondents on here and in the GET, but these players do not understand how important this club is to the people of NE Lincolnshire. This club has been in my blood since 1958 and to see us wallowing in the National League is soul destroying.
We seem unable to build a team which plays for the community. We exist by using the loan system and that is not a good foundation for stability. I have a mate who has been a Crewe fan for six decades and last season they had a group of good loanees and did well. They left and this season the Alex are struggling. We will never have consistency with this type of operation and it is depressingly short sighted. Am I dreaming? We lost to..... BROMLEY?????? Another Saturday night brooding and thinking why we couldn't win a game in which we took the lead. I flattens you. Really have had enough of it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 95
MuddyWaters
January 22, 2022, 5:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
I know football isn’t played on paper but we’ve got much more talent in our squad than Bromley yet have got zero out of them.

Yes, they’re a bunch of shithouses but they know exactly what they’re about. I’m not sure we do.

Very poor from the manager today.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 95
It Bites
January 22, 2022, 5:37pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +5 / -8
Approval: +1,967
Gold Stars: 238
Crocomb is dreadful , the midfield were dreadful . Hurst was dreadful . Sitting in the Osmond with 700 screaming kids was horrific
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 95
hampshiremariner
January 22, 2022, 5:40pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,005
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from It Bites
Crocomb is dreadful , the midfield were dreadful . Hurst was dreadful . Sitting in the Osmond with 700 screaming kids was horrific

If Crocombe has played international football, I must be a Dutchman.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 95
Hagrid
January 22, 2022, 5:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
Quoted from It Bites

I feel for anyone in the osmand today

Midfield is dreadful i 100% agree
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 95
Mariner John
January 22, 2022, 5:42pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +629
Gold Stars: 51
Subs to late again, game after game after game. Wrong tactics, game after game after game. It has to stop. So for me bye Hurst  just nowhere near good enough in my opinion.

Already been mentioned about loanees, you can't build a future with them, once they show there talent the clubs want them back so we start again, then again etc.

I can't se a way back form him, even if the owners think he's great, as he clearly isn't.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 95
davmariner
January 22, 2022, 5:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,860
Gold Stars: 75
Have been supportive of Hurst but that was dreadful. I really think he’s lost the plot. All this tinkering suggests a lack of a clear vision and idea about how this team is going to get into the play offs. 2 wins in 14 and even the most loyal Hurst supporters have to ask questions.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 95
It Bites
January 22, 2022, 5:46pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +5 / -8
Approval: +1,967
Gold Stars: 238
And stop moaning about Shithousery ffs . It's a man's game ffs. It never got called Shithousery in my day , it was called being competitive at all costs .
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 95
TAGG
January 22, 2022, 5:48pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,982
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from It Bites

Know what ye mean but the double save just before half time was fookin brilliant.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 95
Fette Schlange
January 22, 2022, 5:50pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +1 / -3
Approval: -96
Gold Stars: 50
It’ll come good in end
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 95
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.