Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Halifax away Tickets
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 176 Guests

Halifax away Tickets

This thread currently has 26,602 views. Print
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 30, 2021, 4:27am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
If anyone needs help (as long as I personally know you) then I’ll help out as best I can

With regards to data Protection and sharing of info you can ask who your data will be shared with and how it’s used, how long it’s kept for and more interestingly profiling. Where personal data is held GDPR (general data protection regulation) guidelines HAVE to be followed. The DPA (data protection act) and GDPR we’re both updated in 2018 so specifics may be a bit blurry under the details but when it comes to policing, am thinking that this could actually come into play

‘ Personal data collected must not be processed in a manner that is incompatible with the purpose for which it was originally collected ‘

So, therefore if you’ve bought a town onesie or a ‘I love The board’ pencil case, I don’t think this can be used for ticket purchases. *

Unfortunately this side of GDPR isn’t my domain (we work on the fraudulent side of falsifying information and T&C’s) but I can certainly ask the question to those more knowledgeable in this

*Grey area as the tickets and merchandise are both sold from the club shop I presume

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 209
Vance Warner
December 1, 2021, 6:36am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,807
Gold Stars: 102
Could someone at least give us some justification for this decision and back it up. Does our arrest data suggest that we should be treated differently? Is there data that supports early kick offs? Is it just a feeling that we were a bit lively the last time we played there? Someone must have been in a meeting where this was communicated by WYP. The info needs passing on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 209
lukeo
December 1, 2021, 7:03am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Get tickets. Turn up. Support our club. Behave.
Simple.
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 209
Hagrid
December 1, 2021, 8:01am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,413
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from lukeo
Get tickets. Turn up. Support our club. Behave.
Simple.
UTM

That happens 99% of the time and we’re still treated like criminals
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 209
Davec
December 1, 2021, 8:13am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,442
Gold Stars: 42
I remember last time in the conference days we played Telford away and it was actually the first time we had ever played them and the police presence that day was absolutely massive, way OTT and I actually asked one of the officers why there's so many police and he replied to me "there was trouble at Telford V Grimsby last year" when I told him that makes no sense as this is the first time we have ever played against each other he just said "oh"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 209
aldi_01
December 1, 2021, 9:07am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Vance Warner
Could someone at least give us some justification for this decision and back it up. Does our arrest data suggest that we should be treated differently? Is there data that supports early kick offs? Is it just a feeling that we were a bit lively the last time we played there? Someone must have been in a meeting where this was communicated by WYP. The info needs passing on.

The research in to moving KO’s and all that nonsense is flimsy at best and would never stand up to any real scrutiny. It’s agenda driven, nothing more.

Moving the KO is probably more dangerous, it will mean that potentially folk still unknowingly over the limit will drive, you’ll have an additional 1000 folk ambling around a town centre with few places to go, and in this case, a football club missing out on some valuable income, based on what? Absolutely zero evidence that anything will happen.

There’s more chance of Blair admitting Dr David Kelly was killed than the police forces of this country admitting they do this to simply hinder and marginalise football fans with little evidence…

Manure v Leeds was a dinner time KO, significant arrests and various trouble…early KO. Wrexham v Grimsby, evening KO, small mob causing bother…

The whole thing is a nonsense to just screw folk over.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 209
Simon
December 1, 2021, 5:26pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Approval: +237
Gold Stars: 33
Cant remember the year late 80's early 90's Halifax V Grimsby we had more fans in the ground than the home supporters which was amazing to see, the atmosphere was unbelievable sadly i don't remember the result but I do remember two pubs getting wrecked, fans all covered in blood  and a police van being turned over now i appreciate it was a long time ago and football has changed a bit since those dark days but West Yorkshire Police will have a long memory

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 209
Vance Warner
December 1, 2021, 6:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,807
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from Simon
Cant remember the year late 80's early 90's Halifax V Grimsby we had more fans in the ground than the home supporters which was amazing to see, the atmosphere was unbelievable sadly i don't remember the result but I do remember two pubs getting wrecked, fans all covered in blood  and a police van being turned over now i appreciate it was a long time ago and football has changed a bit since those dark days but West Yorkshire Police will have a long memory

And Leeds rioted in meggies and smashed the place up but I don’t see WYP changing their kick off times and limiting away allocations.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 209
Cod marriner
December 1, 2021, 7:19pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +113
Gold Stars: 1
It’s a shame many fans are going to be forced into resorting to sit in the home end by the WYP ridiculous decision, lots of fans have been looking forward and planning making the trip over on Boxing Day for a while including myself.
Getting tickets isn’t going to be a problem as I’m sure many do have friends and family in the area to purchase them easy enough but it’s not the point is it, shame have to mess about like that..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 209
The Yard Dog
December 1, 2021, 9:00pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,504
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Simon

Thought it was a burger van, that got turned over.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 209
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Halifax away Tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.