Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Halifax away Tickets
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 293 Guests

Halifax away Tickets

This thread currently has 26,549 views. Print
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Gaffer58
November 29, 2021, 5:35pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
I can now understand why West Yorkshire police are limiting our numbers now, Bradford at home to Harrogate, this fixture has always had a history, well last season,as that’s when they first played each other, the Harrogate ultras have terrible reputation for causing trouble, why only last week one of them dropped his cucumber sandwich in Auntie Betties tea room.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 209
GYinScuntland
November 29, 2021, 6:13pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from ska face

I asked the question when Scunny took my tickets back
& refunded my order. Can’t remember the response but think there’s something in the Ts & Cs about data sharing, think it also covers them sharing info with the police.

Probably someone with some knowledge on data protection should have a look into it.

Scunthorpe did the same with me, by all accounts they're allowed to share intelligence by the way of databases.
I simply got my sister to pick up a shedload.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 209
Cod marriner
November 29, 2021, 6:29pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +113
Gold Stars: 1
So this decision has been made without no explanation and that’s that is it?
As far as I’m aware Grimsby fans have been a credit to the club home and away all season, am I missing something that has happened this season to warrant this move on reducing our tickets?
Is our name just so badly tarnished now that we will just have to put up with this and treated like we are a bunch of hooligans.
How come all these other games locally Policed in Yorkshire have no restrictions on tickets..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 209
Jaws
November 29, 2021, 7:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
The attendance and kickoff time is the absolute worst case scenario that could have been reasonably forced upon our fans.

These are the sort of issues I'd like to see the trust or SLO be more vocal about, and by vocal I don't mean be a nodding lapdog with a generic statement that they did everything they could.

I'd be interested in the specific arguments made for and against increased attendance etc with a bit of deal, otherwise its just hot air from both parties IMO.
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 209
aldi_01
November 29, 2021, 7:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Jaws
The attendance and kickoff time is the absolute worst case scenario that could have been reasonably forced upon our fans.

These are the sort of issues I'd like to see the trust or SLO be more vocal about, and by vocal I don't mean be a nodding lapdog with a generic statement that they did everything they could.

I'd be interested in the specific arguments made for and against increased attendance etc with a bit of deal, otherwise its just hot air from both parties IMO.

You do know that’s exactly what they do? Challenge, plead our case.

Instead of turning on the club or trust and the likes of Kristine, why not focus your attention on the police, the footballing authorities and anyone else that seemingly takes pleasure in marginalising football fans based on some data from 35 years.

The travesty here is plenty will miss out, hope and away fans dip out and Halifax as a club miss out, nobody wins other than the hundreds of extra bobbies that will no doubt still be drafted in…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 209
tanga_the_indestructible
November 29, 2021, 7:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +613
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from grimps

The Notting Hill carnival is on a bank holiday every year with lots of stabbings murders and robberies but I’ve never seen the police suggest that be moved or numbers restricted  

WHAT?! I've played there loads of times and never seen any violence. There have been a few, very few, murders, over a  60 year period, but there are 1m. people gathering in an enclosed space, there's always potential for one or two nutcases.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 209
A.l.f.
November 29, 2021, 7:55pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +687
Gold Stars: 7
I really think this is a most unwise decision by WYP.  As Halifax is not too far away, many Town supporters have family and friends around West Yorkshire and it’s inevitable that lots and lots of home stand tickets end up in Grimsby hands.  When Town score it will result in Grimsby fans celebrating naturally and if Halifax fans react it could end badly.
Given the numbers travelling long distances to support the Mariners, I really can’t see people not going when our ticket allocation is sold out.
I would urge both clubs, Halifax council and WYP have further discussions.
The vast majority of football fans do not cause trouble but when trouble starts in the stands by the minority, it rarely ends well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 209
Mariner Timsky
November 29, 2021, 9:35pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 4
Totally and utterly baffled beyond belief for what is becoming a faff and constant hassle to watch our club this season in this complete shambles of a league and police state we live in - completely pathetic

I would love to see us show up in our thousands in Halifax but not go in obviously - but I know yes that would cause utter chaos but the best thing we should do is completely boycott these clubs who are treating us like this - I dunno really I’m just fed up with it all and the joke of it - stupid country

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 209
KingstonMariner
November 29, 2021, 10:53pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Don’t think it’s the club’s decision (Halifax) Timsky. It’s the polizei. Must share “intelligence”* with Derbyshire police. Remember when they tweeted that Town fans had wrecked a pub in Chesterfield and the landlord tweeted back “no they haven’t, they’ve been as good as gold”.

* one brain cell between them.

It really is about time this sort of thing was stopped. The police can cope with bigger clubs. I know we’ve got some knobheads but surely not as many as some of the Championship and Premiership clubs. Maybe it should be taken up with NELincs’ MPs. (Yeah I know, but that’s what they’re there for and Vickers is supposed to be a Town fan).

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 209
Shaymen
November 29, 2021, 11:02pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +69
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
Totally and utterly baffled beyond belief for what is becoming a faff and constant hassle to watch our club this season in this complete shambles of a league and police state we live in - completely pathetic

I would love to see us show up in our thousands in Halifax but not go in obviously - but I know yes that would cause utter chaos but the best thing we should do is completely boycott these clubs who are treating us like this - I dunno really I’m just fed up with it all and the joke of it - stupid country

Nothing to do with us pal, we'd be daft to want to restrict numbers of away fans travelling. Purely the council and WYP getting together and trying to come up with the best way to take the fun out of a festive football match. Making sure they can clock out quickly after the game with minimal paperwork.

Our chairman will be seething at this decision. However there is not really a right lot we can say or do to change the situation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 209
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Halifax away Tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.