Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Halifax away Tickets
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 281 Guests

Halifax away Tickets

This thread currently has 26,594 views. Print
21 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
pizzzza
December 3, 2021, 12:52pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
This part puzzles me, on one hand they say a decision (which none of us like) was made by another party but on the other hand the trust will continue to be involved in ticketing decisions to secure as many tickets as possible for future fixtures. Are they involved in these decisions or not? (again, not having a go at the trust here just looking for clarification).

Quoted from ska face

The decision to allocate 1200 tickets for the FC Halifax Town game has been made following a report from their Safety Advisory Group, which includes the local council (who own their ground), and the local Police Force.

Quoted Text
Kristine and Dave will continue to be involved in ticketing decisions and assist in negotiations to ensure we can secure as many as possible for future fixtures.

Private Message
Reply: 120 - 209
Hagrid
December 3, 2021, 1:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,386
Gold Stars: 532
now not on sale till the 8th
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 209
KingstonMariner
December 3, 2021, 1:41pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from aldi_01

It’s a balancing act though, as the response clearly explains, this decision has been made by a committee that knows little about football, has flimsy at best evidence and clearly lacks understanding of genuine crowd safety etc.

They hold the power, that is wrong and that is what needs changing. Think about when our old safety officer essentially said all town fans were thugs, as fans we were powerless to stop that or challenge it without fear of being banned or excommunicated from the club. The same could happen here, these cliques work together. We call it out as a club, you watch it happen time and time again.

A full fan boycott would be helpful although they’d be more than happy with that in truth.

As I’ve said, larger demonstrations across the country are what is needed but sadly won’t happen with our possible football fan base, the tourist types who’ve waited 6 months to see a game won’t refuse themselves entry to support the greater good Becauee in truth, they don’t really care too much…

It’s not just the tourist types. A lot of English fans have a ‘my club and only my club’ attitude and can’t be arsed to take a wider view. Just look at the number that go to Milton Keynes. Admittedly lower than normal numbers but still significant.

I’d love to see it though. Maybe an issue the FSA can take leadership on.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 209
aldi_01
December 3, 2021, 1:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from KingstonMariner

It’s not just the tourist types. A lot of English fans have a ‘my club and only my club’ attitude and can’t be arsed to take a wider view. Just look at the number that go to Milton Keynes. Admittedly lower than normal numbers but still significant.

I’d love to see it though. Maybe an issue the FSA can take leadership on.

I agree, we’ve even seen it at town. Whether it blind loyalty to the club so protesting seemed like some slight or just stupidity but remember when we’ve tried to protest? We’ve never really managed more than a 1000.

I remember when Liverpool fans staged that alleged walk out at the price increase for tickets in the new stand…not enough really left, the club did it to some extent and that stand is full.

Sometimes fans should probably relied their clubs aren’t perfect…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 209
MarinerWY
December 3, 2021, 1:53pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from Hagrid
now not on sale till the 8th

Leaving less time for folk to get tickets in the home end once ours are confirmed as sold out, as those sales end on the 12th.

TBH if anyone was thinking about going in the home end, I'd get it sorted ASAP. We all know our tickets aren't going to make it past season ticket holders. The club aren't even suggesting they will put them on general sale even if the very unlikely scenario there's a few left.

Think it's become increasingly clear that WYP and Calderdale Council won't budge, and will put more pressure on Halifax Town to make it ever more difficult for anyone to get tickets in the home end.

An address with photo ID is needed to pick up btw. Presumably just not a Grimsby address, I mean if you live in York, it's just as likely you're a Halifax fan...
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 209
TownSNAFU5
December 3, 2021, 2:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,876
Gold Stars: 42
.....,,,Well, there are at least 6 of us living in York who all go to Grimsby games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 209
Cod marriner
December 3, 2021, 7:08pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +113
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from MarinerWY

Leaving less time for folk to get tickets in the home end once ours are confirmed as sold out, as those sales end on the 12th.

TBH if anyone was thinking about going in the home end, I'd get it sorted ASAP. We all know our tickets aren't going to make it past season ticket holders. The club aren't even suggesting they will put them on general sale even if the very unlikely scenario there's a few left.

Think it's become increasingly clear that WYP and Calderdale Council won't budge, and will put more pressure on Halifax Town to make it ever more difficult for anyone to get tickets in the home end.

An address with photo ID is needed to pick up btw. Presumably just not a Grimsby address, I mean if you live in York, it's just as likely you're a Halifax fan...

Yes my family and another have already accepted we won’t be getting the 8 tickets we need in the town end,  so made arrangements with our contacts in the area already to get them in the home end, frustrating having to mess about but am sure we aren’t going to be the only ones having to doing this.

We are just your average well behaved group looking to enjoy a day out watching our team and that’s it..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 209
moosey_club
December 3, 2021, 8:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Cod marriner

Yes my family and another have already accepted we won’t be getting the 8 tickets we need in the town end,  so made arrangements with our contacts in the area already to get them in the home end, frustrating having to mess about but am sure we aren’t going to be the only ones having to doing this.

We are just your average well behaved group looking to enjoy a day out watching our team and that’s it..

Yet you may well be endangering yourselves and creating the excact issues that the WYP/ SAG are claiming these measures are trying to prevent.  Don't forget the initial argument seemed to stem from away supporters ( Wrexham ) being attacked by home supporters.......nothing to do with controlling marauding fishy folk raping and pillaging.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 209
Cod marriner
December 3, 2021, 9:00pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +113
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from moosey_club

Yet you may well be endangering yourselves and creating the excact issues that the WYP/ SAG are claiming these measures are trying to prevent.  Don't forget the initial argument seemed to stem from away supporters ( Wrexham ) being attacked by home supporters.......nothing to do with controlling marauding fishy folk raping and pillaging.

Well they really haven’t thought it through then have they with the allocation, there will be plenty more going in the home ends and planning for sure.
Fans will always get tickets if they really want to go, they want to hope come Xmas this game isn’t a bigger game for us than it is now.
Our current dip in form has slightly killed a little bit of the buzz around the place recently, I think a lot of us would admit, but if we do start getting on a good run again leading up to this game then yes this could cause problems I’d agree.
I’ll leave the whole talk of fans going in there end here as I don’t want it to draw anymore attention on a public forum possibly spoiling it for others who have planned or planning the same..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 209
KingstonMariner
December 3, 2021, 9:21pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from moosey_club

Then it should have been home fans that they restrict by that logic.

May as well ban non-drinkers from walking near pubs because some drunk people get violent.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 209
21 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Halifax away Tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.