Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Halifax away Tickets
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 363 Guests

Halifax away Tickets

This thread currently has 26,596 views. Print
21 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
December 3, 2021, 9:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Cod marriner

Yes my family and another have already accepted we won’t be getting the 8 tickets we need in the town end,  so made arrangements with our contacts in the area already to get them in the home end, frustrating having to mess about but am sure we aren’t going to be the only ones having to doing this.

We are just your average well behaved group looking to enjoy a day out watching our team and that’s it..

I would keep very quiet if we score as many clubs I have been to have a written policy of ejecting visiting fans in home stands.

Private Message
Reply: 130 - 209
Vance Warner
December 3, 2021, 11:01pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,797
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from arryarryarry

I would keep very quiet if we score as many clubs I have been to have a written policy of ejecting visiting fans in home stands.

I would think there will be at least a few hundred in the home end so not easy to eject them all. I can’t believe how much home fans are being inconvenienced by this as well! WYP clearly had an agenda and are now having to make all sorts of ridiculous decisions to stick with it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 209
Son of Cod
December 3, 2021, 11:51pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from moosey_club

Yet you may well be endangering yourselves and creating the excact issues that the WYP/ SAG are claiming these measures are trying to prevent.  Don't forget the initial argument seemed to stem from away supporters ( Wrexham ) being attacked by home supporters.......nothing to do with controlling marauding fishy folk raping and pillaging.

There has been no communication from anyone to suggest that our allocation restriction was to do with trouble at their home match vs Wrexham, has there?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 209
mimma
December 4, 2021, 1:45am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
Has anyone tried to contact WYP to politely ask for a reason, and point out that they are massively inconveniencing the general public who want to do nothing more than support their football club. Won't get far but their reply might be interesting.

Another idea, contact our local (invisible) MP to complain about the treatment of her constituents by the authorities, and request her to look into the disproportionate treatment of Grimsby folk.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 209
DB
December 4, 2021, 2:00am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,000
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from aldi_01
Irony really that the only game there’s been what would be considered genuine bother this year was at home on the Tuesday night against Wrexham.

Some excitable Welsh chaps and some game lads from town, a couple of slaps, some shouting and then a lot of posturing. Old bill had it under control, didn’t arrest anyone and everyone went away…

If this is the police basis of restricted tickets then it's disgraceful, after all this was a home game and not an away game. If no town fans have been arrested at away games then you have to ask what is the problem? It's about time Debbie found out the real reasons why Town fans are frowned on at away games by the local police.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 209
Son of Cod
December 4, 2021, 9:49am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from mimma
Has anyone tried to contact WYP to politely ask for a reason, and point out that they are massively inconveniencing the general public who want to do nothing more than support their football club. Won't get far but their reply might be interesting.

Another idea, contact our local (invisible) MP to complain about the treatment of her constituents by the authorities, and request her to look into the disproportionate treatment of Grimsby folk.

I emailed the Calderdale Safety Advisory Group and they forwarded me to the relevant person but they've not responded to me yet. Will post in here when they do.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 209
MarinerWY
December 4, 2021, 10:49am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from moosey_club

Yet you may well be endangering yourselves and creating the excact issues that the WYP/ SAG are claiming these measures are trying to prevent.  Don't forget the initial argument seemed to stem from away supporters ( Wrexham ) being attacked by home supporters.......nothing to do with controlling marauding fishy folk raping and pillaging.

That scummy incident a week last Tuesday where a teenage Wrexham fan got set upon by a group of cowardly scumbags happened outside the Shay, and there's doubt whether the group who did it even attended the match.

It horrified Halifax fans and has been widely condemned. Can happen in any town sadly.

I have no concern about being in the home end. Any town fans who end up there and don't act like bellends I'm sure will be fine.
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 209
Maringer
December 4, 2021, 2:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,491
Gold Stars: 185
If you're going the MP route, you'd probably be better off with Vickers, I'd have thought? He is at least a fan of the club and is seen in the town from time to time unlike his Grimsby counterpart.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 209
Hagrid
December 4, 2021, 2:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,388
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from Maringer
If you're going the MP route, you'd probably be better off with Vickers, I'd have thought? He is at least a fan of the club and is seen in the town from time to time unlike his Grimsby counterpart.

They’re both useless
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 209
Maringer
December 4, 2021, 2:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,491
Gold Stars: 185
Obviously, but one at least has an interest in the club!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 209
21 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Halifax away Tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.