Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Halifax away Tickets
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 239 Guests

Halifax away Tickets

This thread currently has 26,603 views. Print
21 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
ska face
December 3, 2021, 9:13am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,658
Gold Stars: 847
Trust statement this morning -

We know many fans are disappointed with the ticket allocation for our away game against FC Halifax Town on Boxing Day and understandably, as a board, we share that disappointment.

The decision to allocate 1200 tickets for the FC Halifax Town game has been made following a report from their Safety Advisory Group, which includes the local council (who own their ground), and the local Police Force. A review of the ticket allocation was requested, but ultimately neither club can over-rule the SAG report so no further tickets beyond the 1200 will be available.

We also understand that it is frustrating that some clubs have made last minute decisions to sell tickets on the gate for fixtures, despite informing GTFC that there would be no on the day sales.

Again, this is entirely at the discretion of the home club. We can, and have, always offered our insight on the number of Grimsby Town supporters clubs can expect, to allow them to manage their decision making as effectively as possible.

We, as a Trust, will always try to do what we feel is best for supporters, but sometimes these decisions are regrettably out of the control of the club or Trust.

Kristine and Dave will continue to be involved in ticketing decisions and assist in negotiations to ensure we can secure as many as possible for future fixtures.

Appreciate the acknowledgement and work of the Trust. Suppose I understand the need of the Trust to not start getting into public spats with various arms of The State, especially when the police have unfettered access to any means of communication - plus entire comms departments - and a servile public to back them up.

The police can’t say they haven’t been warned they might be making a rod for their own back. Sure it’ll all pass off without incident.  
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 209
aldi_01
December 3, 2021, 9:33am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Not sure the trust could’ve done anymore.

That’s a very diplomatic way of saying it’s a flipping joke.

Once again, flimsy, unfounded intelligence is used to inform decision making; in most professions that would face significant scrutiny, with football and the policing of it seems to matter not one iota.

Sadly, with a passive society and fan bases that seem to find it difficult to come together and take a stand, little will happen. Very sad really when we’ve seen across the continent the benefits mass protests and the like can do.

We all love going to football, we all enjoy being at the match but if there were mass protests like we’ve seen in risky, Germany and even Spain, with fans across the country refusing to turn up then perhaps something could be forced…won’t happen though, especially with the theatre going types who watch top flight, top club matches…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 209
Son of Cod
December 3, 2021, 9:33am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from ska face
Trust statement this morning -

We know many fans are disappointed with the ticket allocation for our away game against FC Halifax Town on Boxing Day and understandably, as a board, we share that disappointment.

The decision to allocate 1200 tickets for the FC Halifax Town game has been made following a report from their Safety Advisory Group, which includes the local council (who own their ground), and the local Police Force. A review of the ticket allocation was requested, but ultimately neither club can over-rule the SAG report so no further tickets beyond the 1200 will be available.

We also understand that it is frustrating that some clubs have made last minute decisions to sell tickets on the gate for fixtures, despite informing GTFC that there would be no on the day sales.

Again, this is entirely at the discretion of the home club. We can, and have, always offered our insight on the number of Grimsby Town supporters clubs can expect, to allow them to manage their decision making as effectively as possible.

We, as a Trust, will always try to do what we feel is best for supporters, but sometimes these decisions are regrettably out of the control of the club or Trust.

Kristine and Dave will continue to be involved in ticketing decisions and assist in negotiations to ensure we can secure as many as possible for future fixtures.

Appreciate the acknowledgement and work of the Trust. Suppose I understand the need of the Trust to not start getting into public spats with various arms of The State, especially when the police have unfettered access to any means of communication - plus entire comms departments - and a servile public to back them up.

The police can’t say they haven’t been warned they might be making a rod for their own back. Sure it’ll all pass off without incident.  

While I also appreciate that they've gone out of their way to provide a statement, it does little to temper the frustrations of this situation because there's no additional information there really. We don't know if the club or trust or anyone has sought a more specific explanation from WYP and their Safety Advisory Group.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 209
MarinerWY
December 3, 2021, 10:40am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from Son of Cod

While I also appreciate that they've gone out of their way to provide a statement, it does little to temper the frustrations of this situation because there's no additional information there really. We don't know if the club or trust or anyone has sought a more specific explanation from WYP and their Safety Advisory Group.

I'd really like the club to make a statement, not just the trust. A fair few Halifax fans are demanding their club makes a statement also.

Christ, the two clubs could even coordinate a statement. Halifax will not be happy at the revenue they will miss out on, nor on the absurd hoops their own fans now have to jump through to get a ticket.
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 209
immariner
December 3, 2021, 10:50am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,413
Gold Stars: 61
That gives us the because, not the why. Why are no more than 1200 allowed entry? Why is 1500 or 2000 (which would all still probabky go to ST holders) seen as a much greater risk than 1200? We still need to keep pushing for the SAG and WYP to justify it. Simply put, they can't.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 209
ska face
December 3, 2021, 10:54am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,658
Gold Stars: 847
Quoted from Son of Cod

True. I’m always reluctant to criticise the Trust because ultimately, if I don’t like what they’re doing, the option is always there for me to join & do something about it. Which I won’t. Too lazy. So fair’s fair.

This would be a great opportunity for the clubs to make a joint statement to show the financial impact that these decisions have. We could probably do another 2k on top of that allocation, and at say £17 average, you’re looking close to £40k when you factor in programmes & refreshments. How much are local pubs, restaurants etc. missing out on too?

I’d also be interested to see a breakdown of arrests at town games this year, how many of those lead to charges & convictions, and what the actual offences are.
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 209
Son of Cod
December 3, 2021, 12:07pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from MarinerWY

I'd really like the club to make a statement, not just the trust. A fair few Halifax fans are demanding their club makes a statement also.

Christ, the two clubs could even coordinate a statement. Halifax will not be happy at the revenue they will miss out on, nor on the absurd hoops their own fans now have to jump through to get a ticket.

A co-ordinated statement would definitely be good to see, with you on that.

Quoted from ska face

True. I’m always reluctant to criticise the Trust because ultimately, if I don’t like what they’re doing, the option is always there for me to join & do something about it. Which I won’t. Too lazy. So fair’s fair.

This would be a great opportunity for the clubs to make a joint statement to show the financial impact that these decisions have. We could probably do another 2k on top of that allocation, and at say £17 average, you’re looking close to £40k when you factor in programmes & refreshments. How much are local pubs, restaurants etc. missing out on too?

I’d also be interested to see a breakdown of arrests at town games this year, how many of those lead to charges & convictions, and what the actual offences are.

Yeah, I don't want it to come across as I'm criticising the trust as I think they do a good job and like you say, I could just be more active than reading their e-mails which is all I do right now.

I can't imagine there have been many arrests this year at all, admittedly I wasn't at a few of our bigger followings (Stockport and Alty) but the most trouble I've seen is a guy passed out at Woking from hitting the beers too hard.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 209
aldi_01
December 3, 2021, 12:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Irony really that the only game there’s been what would be considered genuine bother this year was at home on the Tuesday night against Wrexham.

Some excitable Welsh chaps and some game lads from town, a couple of slaps, some shouting and then a lot of posturing. Old bill had it under control, didn’t arrest anyone and everyone went away…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 209
Rodley Mariner
December 3, 2021, 12:18pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
I'd like to see the club or the trust express some anger at the way our fans are being treated and portrayed. Frustration doesn't quite cut it up for me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 209
aldi_01
December 3, 2021, 12:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I'd like to see the club or the trust express some anger at the way our fans are being treated and portrayed. Frustration doesn't quite cut it up for me.

It’s a balancing act though, as the response clearly explains, this decision has been made by a committee that knows little about football, has flimsy at best evidence and clearly lacks understanding of genuine crowd safety etc.

They hold the power, that is wrong and that is what needs changing. Think about when our old safety officer essentially said all town fans were thugs, as fans we were powerless to stop that or challenge it without fear of being banned or excommunicated from the club. The same could happen here, these cliques work together. We call it out as a club, you watch it happen time and time again.

A full fan boycott would be helpful although they’d be more than happy with that in truth.

As I’ve said, larger demonstrations across the country are what is needed but sadly won’t happen with our possible football fan base, the tourist types who’ve waited 6 months to see a game won’t refuse themselves entry to support the greater good Becauee in truth, they don’t really care too much…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 209
21 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Halifax away Tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.