Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Halifax away Tickets
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 225 Guests

Halifax away Tickets

This thread currently has 26,547 views. Print
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
December 2, 2021, 12:37am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Cod marriner
It’s a shame many fans are going to be forced into resorting to sit in the home end by the WYP ridiculous decision, lots of fans have been looking forward and planning making the trip over on Boxing Day for a while including myself.
Getting tickets isn’t going to be a problem as I’m sure many do have friends and family in the area to purchase them easy enough but it’s not the point is it, shame have to mess about like that..

You'll not see much, the home end is all standing.
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 209
Davec
December 2, 2021, 7:43am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from arryarryarry

You'll not see much, the home end is all standing.

He could sit on the crush barrier?😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 209
immariner
December 2, 2021, 9:11am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,406
Gold Stars: 60
Quoted from ska face
How many times have we been messed about for one reason or another this season?

Bromley - moved for TV & all ticket
Stockport - moved by police, all ticket
Halifax - capped at 1200, all ticket
Kidderminster - all ticket, capped at 1000
Woking - all ticket
Solihull - all ticket, announced about a day before KO.
Aldershot - think this one was all ticket, then letting people in on the gate
Wealdstone - sure this was all ticket, could be wrong, capped at 800
Altrincham - initial 1000 allocation, then opened up to sales on the gate 24 hours before
Southend - moved to Friday night

Going to be looking at something similar for Notts County, Chesterfield, Wrexham, Kings Lynn and Barnet too.

Think there’s only Torquay that hasn’t been a ballache to some degree. Is it any wonder fans are getting sick and tired of it when it’s nearly every single week? Some of the small clubs, yeah fair enough, but not grounds where you can get 7, 10, 15k in. It’s a joke.

Dagenham was made all ticket for away fans on Wednesday too. It's an absolute fcuking joke that for all but a couple of away fixtures this year, where we've only actually sold out one, Town fans have not been able to make an on-the-day decision to attend a division 5 football fixture.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 209
AussieShaymen
December 2, 2021, 9:28am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +401
Gold Stars: 21
Here is an article in our local courier about ticketing. Says intercourse all to me, absolute shambles from all involved. My apologies as a Halifax fan.

https://t.co/znDPBFJ4CI
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 209
bedders78
December 2, 2021, 9:32am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +827
Gold Stars: 12
Even the Chesterfield preseason game was brought forward to 1pm and limited to 500 tickets

Grim Outlook exile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 209
ska face
December 2, 2021, 9:35am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,567
Gold Stars: 839
Quoted from AussieShaymen
Here is an article in our local courier about ticketing. Says intercourse all to me, absolute shambles from all involved. My apologies as a Halifax fan.

https://t.co/znDPBFJ4CI

This is the kind of shíte I’d like to see the Club or Trust really push back on.

The insinuation that our fans, and our fans alone, are a threat to public safety? Frankly it’s a fûcking disgrace and WYP should be ashamed to put stuff like that out in the public domain, and bollócks to every outlet that regurgitates it without challenge.

You can see why some clubs might restrict sales - staffing, space, cost, etc, but public safety? No chance, stick it up your ringer.
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 209
AussieShaymen
December 2, 2021, 9:39am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +401
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from ska face

This is the kind of shíte I’d like to see the Club or Trust really push back on.

The insinuation that our fans, and our fans alone, are a threat to public safety? Frankly it’s a fûcking disgrace and WYP should be ashamed to put stuff like that out in the public domain, and bollócks to every outlet that regurgitates it without challenge.

You can see why some clubs might restrict sales - staffing, space, cost, etc, but public safety? No chance, stick it up your ringer.

Agree, it’s making out that your fans are some sort of domestic terrorists. Still don’t see logically though they limiting you to 1200 is a safe practise. Fine let WYP have their 12:30 kick off and all ticket. Still shite, but fine whatever. But 1200 tickets is making it much unsafer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 209
Poojah
December 2, 2021, 10:51am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,425
Gold Stars: 1,499
This line:
Quoted Text
"However the safety of our fans and those who live in the Calderdale community is of paramount importance and the decision has been made with those factors in mind."

Pray tell, specifically what perceived threat do the supporters of Grimsby Town FC pose to the local community? I know we have some ancient Viking history associated with our town, but I think I speak on behalf of the majority of our supporters in saying that I do not intend to travel to Halifax on Boxing Day with the intention of raping and pillaging the good people of Calderdale. I once nicked a Mars bar from the Spar shop on Hardys Road when I was nine, but that’s about as deep as my criminal record goes.

If the police are going to infer that a group of people pose a legitimate threat to public safety, then they need to explain their full rationale. That a few díckheads with a vague association with our club smashed up a pub in Burton a decade or so ago isn’t enough.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 209
KingstonMariner
December 2, 2021, 11:33am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
It’s shite isn’t it. I’d like to see a comment from the club and Trust about this at the very least. Really they ought to be working with their opposite numbers at other clubs to challenge these measures in future as I’m sure we won’t be the only ones affected like this. I remember the police turning back a coach of Wrexham fans on the way to BP not do many years ago.

I don’t expect to be prevented from going somewhere because the bloke down the road committed a crime. This is treating everyone who shares an interest as guilty by association. In any other aspect of life this would be regarded as immoral and illegal.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 209
Rodley Mariner
December 2, 2021, 11:33am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
I'll no longer be able to bring my 6 and 8 year old sons or my 77 year old Dad so that should be a considerable relief to the local community.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 209
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Halifax away Tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.