Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Halifax away Tickets
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 176 Guests

Halifax away Tickets

This thread currently has 26,601 views. Print
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
AussieShaymen
November 28, 2021, 9:25pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +401
Gold Stars: 21
I’m as gutted as you guys, and I’m a Halifax fan. What could have been 5-6000 crowd for us at 3pm, has turned into 3000 at 12:30pm. West Yorkshire Police and Calderdale council are a disgrace. We could easily give you 3-4000 tickets. Don’t even agree with it being all ticket, but that being as it may, why is it only 1200 tickets! You bought 1600 last time out and you were baying for Hursts blood. Just makes no sense to me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 209
Northbank Mariner
November 28, 2021, 9:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Utter, utter disgrace!...I'm raging😡😡
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 209
headingly_mariner
November 28, 2021, 9:41pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Ridiculous decision. Expect it to be completely counter productive with 100’s of Town fans likely to buy for the home end.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 209
AussieShaymen
November 28, 2021, 9:47pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +401
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Ridiculous decision. Expect it to be completely counter productive with 100’s of Town fans likely to buy for the home end.

Yep totally agree and wouldn’t blame you. This going to bite the council and police in the bottom. Our club is not versed on all ticket games As our capacity is never close to being reached. We employ next to no non football staff and one of the smaller playing budgets.  Would have been easier to keep it to 3pm, pay on gate and keep either home or away fans in ground for 15mins after game at worst.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 209
Shaymen
November 28, 2021, 9:50pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +69
I wouldn't be surprised if another reason was room for you all. 1,200 wrexham fans came last Tuesday and there stand was full to bursting.

The terrace you had last time is either condemned or they are extremely reluctant to use it for some reason.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 209
DB
November 28, 2021, 9:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.48
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,002
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from AussieShaymen

Yep totally agree and wouldn’t blame you. This going to bite the council and police in the bottom. Our club is not versed on all ticket games As our capacity is never close to being reached. We employ next to no non football staff and one of the smaller playing budgets.  Would have been easier to keep it to 3pm, pay on gate and keep either home or away fans in ground for 15mins after game at worst.

Your talking common sense here. It doesn't apply to the police or councils who want to complicate matters and then blame all and sundry when it goes wrong.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 209
aldi_01
November 28, 2021, 10:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Shaymen
Evening guys Halifax fan here. Just thought I'd come on and provide some context as to why this has happened. Which I can assure you has angered everyone at Halifax from the fans to the club who will now miss out on a fair amount of revenue.

Some of you may already be aware but after our Wrexham game last Tuesday night a group of Wrexham fans were set upon by a group of people who I prefer not to call fans which resulting in a 15 year old boy suffering a broken jaw. I'm not sure if he's out of hospital or not. 99% of our fans are disgusted that this happened and we have no issues at the majority of our home games.

I'm not sure these restrictions would have happened if that incident had not occurred. What's baffling to me is we can have as many as we want there but your restricted. I'm not sure who's supposed to be getting punished here us or you cause it feels like you.

Interesting that the only real bother I’ve seen at BP, especially this season was Wrexham…are they seeing their away allocations being limited?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 209
KingstonMariner
November 28, 2021, 10:44pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
If only there was a supporters’ organisation to lobby on behalf of the fans.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 209
Shaymen
November 28, 2021, 10:51pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +69
Quoted from aldi_01

Interesting that the only real bother I’ve seen at BP, especially this season was Wrexham…are they seeing their away allocations being limited?

As far as I'm aware the Wrexham fans in question were behaving fine and just making their way back to the car to go home. Until they were set upon by a group of Halifax thugs.

But because you'd be bringing a similar following I think they are bricking it thinking it might happen again. I wouldnt be surprised if you were hearded like sheep for your entire duration in the town to avoid any incidents

Takes all the fun out if it as I know you'd have sold more than your being given but a small minority spoil it for everyone
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 209
Cod marriner
November 28, 2021, 10:54pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +113
Gold Stars: 1
Well no way am I missing this game, I’m not a season ticket holder but been going to all the home games with my family and another as we have caught the bug again and loving it.
Halifax away is a game we have all been looking forward to going to on Boxing Day and I know we have no chance of getting tickets now so 100% we will all be there in the home end simple as that.
1200 tickets what a joke!!!
They can try and stop more Grimsby fans going with a silly stunt like this but it ain’t going to happen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 209
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Halifax away Tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.