Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hollowhead  (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 247 Guests

Hollowhead  (merged)

This thread currently has 18,951 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
April 14, 2021, 10:30am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529

Grilled halloumi?! Grilled f*cking halloumi!!!????

try it!!! honestly, it was really good hahah
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 124
BobbyCummingsTackle
April 14, 2021, 10:52am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,194
Gold Stars: 291
Quoted from Hagrid

try it!!! honestly, it was really good hahah

I have no issue with grilled halloumi in itself (I live in the south, I've been to Camden....) but someone from Grimsby eating grilled halloumi in a chippy? Ernie Beckett will be spinning in his grave.

Haddock, chips, mushy peas, scraps. Meat pie if you're being fancy. Battered sausage for the kids. It's the law.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 124
ginnywings
April 14, 2021, 11:44am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from pizzzza

Overrated? By who? Everyone says it's crap.

Tripadvisor had it at the top of it's ratings at one time and the queues at the place over the last couple of weeks have been mega.

I would imagine that the people who vote for it and use it are in the main, not local. Locals know it's not even in the top 10.

My preference is Sea Lane chippy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 124
Grimal
April 14, 2021, 12:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from ginnywings

Tripadvisor had it at the top of it's ratings at one time and the queues at the place over the last couple of weeks have been mega.

I would imagine that the people who vote for it and use it are in the main, not local. Locals know it's not even in the top 10.

Sea Lane chippy our favourite also, my missus loves sitting on the bench in the dunes down the Fitties scoffing their fish chips and curry sauce, I know how to treat a lady  . I really spoilt her a couple of weeks ago,I took her a folding chair to sit on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 124
WOZOFGRIMSBY
April 14, 2021, 12:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178

I have no issue with grilled halloumi in itself (I live in the south, I've been to Camden....) but someone from Grimsby eating grilled halloumi in a chippy? Ernie Beckett will be spinning in his grave.

Haddock, chips, mushy peas, scraps. Meat pie if you're being fancy. Battered sausage for the kids. It's the law.

A brew and bread and butter too

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 124
Kris2
April 14, 2021, 1:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,628
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from ginnywings

It's really aimed for tourists and it shows in presentation and the location at the pier. I'd imagine locals wouldn't be getting their chippy fix from anything on the seafront. Seaway is among the worst in town, Grimsby Road is full of poor to bang average establishments for the tourists and visiting supporters too.

It is kind of sad that Papas gets so much business when it's just down the road from the likes of Steels, Ernie Becketts and Suthies (or whatever it's called these days but it's still just as good).
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 124
ginnywings
April 14, 2021, 4:17pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Kris2

It's really aimed for tourists and it shows in presentation and the location at the pier. I'd imagine locals wouldn't be getting their chippy fix from anything on the seafront. Seaway is among the worst in town, Grimsby Road is full of poor to bang average establishments for the tourists and visiting supporters too.

It is kind of sad that Papas gets so much business when it's just down the road from the likes of Steels, Ernie Becketts and Suthies (or whatever it's called these days but it's still just as good).

Meggies chippy just around the corner from the Seawave is reputedly very good, but I've not tried them as yet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 124
BobbyCummingsTackle
April 14, 2021, 4:23pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

A brew and bread and butter too

Ha!

My wife is Japanese but loves fish and chips. She thinks I am a complete savage for drinking tea with it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 124
BobbyCummingsTackle
April 14, 2021, 4:26pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Meggies chippy just around the corner from the Seawave is reputedly very good, but I've not tried them as yet.

My nephew and niece (aged 7 and 11; discerning chip eaters) maintain that the chips from the kiosk close to the boating lake are the best. But, they are keen on cheesy chips. An aberration.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 124
somersetmariner
April 14, 2021, 4:41pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +253
Gold Stars: 4
As a nipper in the 80’s, Smith’s on Yarborough road, Excellent memories. Crinkle cut chips too !

you can take the boy out of grimsby......but you can't take grimsby out of his soul, his blood, his semen!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 124
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hollowhead  (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.