Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hollowhead  (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 184 Guests

Hollowhead  (merged)

This thread currently has 18,949 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
BobbyCummingsTackle
April 12, 2021, 8:08am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,192
Gold Stars: 291
Quoted from WesternMariner

I think I can now disclose information I was given in confidence by someone who was actually present on the pier at the time of this fateful meeting. It actually disgusts me and sharing it lifts a burden that believe me has been difficult to carry these many months.

Fenty had a Papas special yorkie fish pattie for his dinner. 😞

The bast*rd! That tells you all you need to know about the Principal Funder.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 124
aldi_01
April 12, 2021, 8:12am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Two ducking charlatans...

Side note...would be interesting to see how many didn’t want Holloway from the start...

Not everyone was hoodwinked by his hyperbole...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 124
Bradford Mariner
April 12, 2021, 8:47am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +88
Gold Stars: 2
Well I was one of the 10% who didn't want Holloway and said so at the time.

Just thought I'd attach this link that I posted a while back, an old article but spot on by our experience.

https://bleacherreport.com/art.....d-manager-in-history

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 124
aldi_01
April 12, 2021, 8:50am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Bradford Mariner

Just thought I'd attach this link that I posted a while back, an old article but spot on by our experience.

UTM

It felt like I was the only one of my mates who are town fans that didn’t want Holloway.

People always make the excuse that he had some success but I’ve come across Blackpool fans who don’t have a great opinion of the charlatan either so perhaps is shortcomings go well beyond being a flipping useless manager.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 124
MarinerMal
April 12, 2021, 9:51am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +784
Gold Stars: 17
I'll go on record and admit I was quite excited about Holloway being made manager.

One of the issues Town managers have had, for a number of years now, is attracting players to the club. I thought with his contacts in the game he might be able to get players to come here were other managers had failed.

I did think at the time though with his eccentric nature, this could be go well or be a complete disaster and friend of my who follows Plymouth, did warn me about him. Unfortunately, he was spot on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 124
jamesgtfc
April 12, 2021, 10:07am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,941
Gold Stars: 190
I think most of us were excited by it and the signing of Billy Clarke in particular gave us reason to be optimistic.

When you say that the phone is melting to your ear with players desperate to come and play for you though, you need to back that up with players better than Mohsni, Sisay and James Morton.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 124
Zmariner
April 12, 2021, 10:07am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,115
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from Bradford Mariner

UTM

I read the article when you provided the link and I was horrified. It then came as absolutely no surprise to find that Holloway was an idiot subsequently utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 124
Jarmo.Is.God
April 12, 2021, 10:13am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
I was well 'hyped' when it was announced

Just kept thinking about what he did at Blackpool
He wanted to move here
Invest in the future

Was out and about at schools

Then it went mammaries up big time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 124
ginnywings
April 12, 2021, 11:38am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
So desperate were we for someone to give us a bit of excitement, that Holloway seemed like manna from heaven. We aren't the first and we won't be the last set of fans to be hoodwinked by empty promises. The off field antics become the only entertainment when you are a supporter of a club that very rarely troubles the business end of the the league and loses more games than it wins. Speculation on new managers and players becomes the only thing that gets the juices flowing.

This is the one that's finally going to get us moving, this is the one that's going to bring in some proper footballers and get us challenging for promotion. We then sit back and anticipate the new signings that are inevitable when a new man comes in. It becomes intoxicating.

Then reality hits and we carry on being useless on the pitch. The inevitable happens and the whole merry go round starts again. Another season gone and it's on to the next season and the next manager with his next set of players. We are always going to be good at some point in the future, but we never actually achieve it. We will be talking about the next rebuild soon, and the time needed to assemble a squad and get them to gel and another season will go by while we wait.

Think that's why I'm at the point where dependable but unexciting PH is looking like a good choice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 124
Perkins
April 12, 2021, 11:50am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from WesternMariner

I think I can now disclose information I was given in confidence by someone who was actually present on the pier at the time of this fateful meeting. It actually disgusts me and sharing it lifts a burden that believe me has been difficult to carry these many months.

Fenty had a Papas special yorkie fish pattie for his dinner. 😞

I am truly horrified at Papas, apart from the fact that they knowingly and willfully played an active role in the coming together of these two great footballing minds, they also commited the heinous crime of serving a Yorkie Fish Pattie in Cleethorpes.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 124
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hollowhead  (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.