Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hollowhead  (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 291 Guests

Hollowhead  (merged)

This thread currently has 18,962 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
April 12, 2021, 11:55am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
Like Holloway, Papa's is over rated, so it seems fitting that they sealed the deal in a Yorkie establishment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 124
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
April 12, 2021, 12:00pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
I know we all have degrees in hindsight and I know I was keen on Holloway as a mood lifting appointment. With a decent assistant in Limbrick it looked a fair combination. In fact I believe it was the loss of Limbrick that was pivotal to IH’s failures.

But now, looking back, what amazes me is that JF has never learned from his mistakes. I equate Holloway’s appointment with Newell’s in this respect although Jolley isn’t far behind. JF just never learned how to do due diligence and use the football grapevine before landing the club with a joke for a manager.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 124
aldi_01
April 14, 2021, 6:59am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I know we all have degrees in hindsight and I know I was keen on Holloway as a mood lifting appointment. With a decent assistant in Limbrick it looked a fair combination. In fact I believe it was the loss of Limbrick that was pivotal to IH’s failures.

But now, looking back, what amazes me is that JF has never learned from his mistakes. I equate Holloway’s appointment with Newell’s in this respect although Jolley isn’t far behind. JF just never learned how to do due diligence and use the football grapevine before landing the club with a joke for a manager.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahshs

You fool, Fenty learn from his mistakes? Have a word, the daft girl private is still blaming itv digital. We blamed Covid every week for about 3 months for our lack of pre season. He’s blamed the fans, he’s blamed managers of past...Christ, we didn’t even acquire RS and PH legally...

He has never accepted any responsibility nor has he seen that he’s accountable for anything. Remember, he’s been pilloried and abused during his most wonderful tenure...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 124
pizzzza
April 14, 2021, 7:21am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from ginnywings
Papa's is over rated

Overrated? By who? Everyone says it's crap.
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 124
gtfcmd
April 14, 2021, 8:50am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +210
Gold Stars: 3
every grimsby fan knows there is only one restraunt to go to for the best fish and chips and thats steels
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 124
Les Brechin
April 14, 2021, 9:01am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,709
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from gtfcmd
every grimsby fan knows there is only one restraunt to go to for the best fish and chips and thats steels

Agreed, I tried Papa's a few months back for a change. Not a patch on Steels, the fish. although a similar size was nearly all batter and it was like I was sat in a greasy spoon in the middle of Doncaster!  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 124
Hagrid
April 14, 2021, 9:06am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,413
Gold Stars: 534
been papas a few times and genuinely didnt think it was too bad, although i had the grilled halloumi once...

steels by far the best for fish! cant have any chips due to me crohns disease, sometimes the smell of them though, by god its tempting
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 124
pen penfras
April 14, 2021, 9:19am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Les Brechin

Agreed, I tried Papa's a few months back for a change. Not a patch on Steels, the fish. although a similar size was nearly all batter and it was like I was sat in a greasy spoon in the middle of Doncaster!  

I thought Leon's was better, but it wasn't there anymore when I last looked, a good while back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 124
BobbyCummingsTackle
April 14, 2021, 10:01am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,271
Gold Stars: 304
Quoted from Hagrid
been papas a few times and genuinely didnt think it was too bad, although i had the grilled halloumi once...

steels by far the best for fish! cant have any chips due to me crohns disease, sometimes the smell of them though, by god its tempting

Grilled halloumi?! Grilled f*cking halloumi!!!????

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 124
Maringer
April 14, 2021, 10:30am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,506
Gold Stars: 185

Grilled halloumi?! Grilled f*cking halloumi!!!????

It's really tasty. Wouldn't be caught dead eating it in a chippy, however!  

My niece briefly worked at Papa's the other year. Management obnoxious to the young kids they employ and the hygiene in the food-handling areas left a lot to be desired. I've been to Papa's twice and wouldn't go again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 124
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hollowhead  (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.