Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 255 Guests

Hurst

This thread currently has 29,229 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
pontoonlew
January 24, 2021, 7:51am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,022
Gold Stars: 174
Hurst has every right to be angry at the players and the mess he’s got to clean up, however it’s his job now and we need results.

We were shite under Holloway and we’re even worse under Hurst. I’m not suggesting that’s his fault, but we’ve scored one goal since he arrived. It’s Hursts choice to start Matt Green every game (and inexplicably keep him on the pitch for longer than most) and his choice to start the utterly useless Hewitt in midfield.

Some players are obviously not warming to Hurst and they can go, they’re not welcome here. However Hurst now needs to replace them and sharp, he’s got a week to make the signings to effectively secure the future of the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 167
Davec
January 24, 2021, 8:15am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,442
Gold Stars: 42
I don't think there was anything wrong in saying from the start that players aren't good enough as that alone should motivate the players in trying to prove him wrong.

Also he was right yesterday that some players will get a rude awakening when no club wants them, they are all probably thinking they are gaurenteed a club when they leave is but I think some of them may struggle to find a decent offer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 167
louth_in_the_south
January 24, 2021, 8:44am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,687
Gold Stars: 96
Well the harsh reality is that no NLN or S team will be looking to sign anyone for a while so I hope they’ve got alternative careers lined up .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 167
aldi_01
January 24, 2021, 8:51am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
May be the fact some of the players realise that there’s likely to be little after GTFC is impacting on performance? Some will panic and disappear in to themselves and not perform, others will take the bull by the horns.

Some won’t warm to Hurst and that’s their choice but I’m not even sure some of them are being professional about it and getting on with the job.

Sadly, for hurst, unlike his last spell where we could sack off the likes of Thomas and Neilson for excrement attitude Becauee we had a team spirit, a style and players to slip in it didn’t matter. We don’t. This is the worst squad I’ve ever seen.

People can moan about the likes of Green plying every week or for too long but in truth there’s little option else. The others haven’t been good enough or done enough and you’d argue probably aren’t in training either.

A scunny supporting mate who was always a fan of Hurst said he thought yesterday’s interview was bob on and without saying they’re lazy and excrement, did actually have some honesty about it.

Perhaps the reasons we haven’t moved forward yet is players are still used to the old regime, still think they’ll play a game and sit out two like under IH or May be they’re still waiting for their go at around the board...

Either way, Hurst has a mammoth task and it’s becoming more and more clear just how much of a mess the club is in from top to bottom...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 167
HertsGTFC
January 24, 2021, 9:15am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from GY1
I think Hurst was dealt a bad hand when he came in and I think he is a decent manager, but he knew what he was getting into. Among many other things, a managers job is to find a way motivate people. I don't think quality players are lining up to come here, so he has to rely on what he's got. If individuals haven't got the skills needed, all that can be done in the short term is to get them playing as a team, wanting to play, working for each other with a great team spirit to make up for what's lacking in individual skills. That can go along way.

Hurst didn't help matters when upon arrival, he stated that the team weren't good enough and he would have to bring in 7/8 new players! Whilst that may have been his honest assessment, he didn't have to make it public, unless he thought that would motivate his players? With new signings proving difficult to bring in, I hope he can find some way of motivating the players that we have. UTMM!!

Hurst saying that ye squad isn't good enough is no different to a Manager saying he wants additions in a transfer window it's just a bit more honest and I think we'll all take that. He did say in the same interview I think that players would be given a chance and some have and to a man failed to take it.

I think the fact that there is no response just underlines that lack of leaders in the squad. I can't see anyone on the playing staff setting a standard for the rest of the squad to aspire to in terms of professionalism, work rate, positivity and just plain determination. We have to accept that these lads maybe playing the game full time and getting paid for it but many of them are far from "professional" footballers.    

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 167
Hagrid
January 24, 2021, 9:27am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,413
Gold Stars: 534
I’d prefer him being honest. This squad isnt good enough and most of those players are an absolute disgrace. And if we were in the ground they’d be getting told it in no uncertain terms. They have no pride in anything they do and id bin the whole lot if we could.

Ive said already i’d give hurst a free pass because he’s been dealt an impossible hand. He’s not a miracle worker. How can he turn Green Jackson Gibson into L2 strikers when they arent. How can he make weak twits like Williams want to get stuck in, he cant. Theres a reason he’s gone from 7 welsh caps to L2 relegation certainties. Rose Clifton Hewitt. Not good enough. The list goes on. This is the worst team i’ve seen, on an appaling BP pitch and an embarrassment of a training ground.

Buck stops with 3. Holloway- who was in big Tesco here yesterday, the nerve of the illegitimate- Puppet Day, and John Fenty
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 167
moosey_club
January 24, 2021, 9:39am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Hurst has been in the building just a few weeks and yesterdays performance will have made his mind up I think.

If you look/ listen to us on here or speaking to your mates....we cant agree on who should be playing after half of the season .....we can probably agree on a couple who shouldn't be but I think it just goes to show what an absolute shower of a squad Runaway , Day & Fenty assembled.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 167
HertsGTFC
January 24, 2021, 9:40am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid
I’d prefer him being honest. This squad isnt good enough and most of those players are an absolute disgrace. And if we were in the ground they’d be getting told it in no uncertain terms. They have no pride in anything they do and id bin the whole lot if we could.

Ive said already i’d give hurst a free pass because he’s been dealt an impossible hand. He’s not a miracle worker. How can he turn Green Jackson Gibson into L2 strikers when they arent. How can he make weak twits like Williams want to get stuck in, he cant. Theres a reason he’s gone from 7 welsh caps to L2 relegation certainties. Rose Clifton Hewitt. Not good enough. The list goes on. This is the worst team i’ve seen, on an appaling BP pitch and an embarrassment of a training ground.

Buck stops with 3. Holloway- who was in big Tesco here yesterday, the nerve of the illegitimate- Puppet Day, and John Fenty

Agree with all of that, the Holloway in Tesco thing is interesting as it was the start of last week, then mid week then yesterday....... Then again he hasn't got much else to do as he?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 167
Humbercod
January 24, 2021, 9:50am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
Hurst knew exactly what he was taking on and he even had the luxury of having seen the ‘cards he was about to be dealt’  before he signed up. He obviously felt he could sort them out ,well it’s not looking to good at the minute as the team is getting increasingly shittier!
If we get relegated it’s not all on Hurst I agree, but he will have to take some blame put his hands up and say he’s failed. (which I’m sure he would to be fair to him).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 167
HertsGTFC
January 24, 2021, 9:56am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club
Hurst has been in the building just a few weeks and yesterdays performance will have made his mind up I think.

If you look/ listen to us on here or speaking to your mates....we cant agree on who should be playing after half of the season .....we can probably agree on a couple who shouldn't be but I think it just goes to show what an absolute shower of a squad Runaway , Day & Fenty assembled.

I think the fact Hurst who when he was here before generally defended the players when things where not going well has come out and named it publicly just underlines that he's not prepared to gloss over what is such a poor squad in terms of quality and application.

I know he'll bring in additions in the next week whether they are the ones he wants or not remains to be seen as it's evident that players don't want to come, I'd suspect not so much due to location but due to the fact we're pathetic and on the face of it certs to go down.

I expect us to get relegated and then have a difficult season or two whilst we change the squad and the culture of apathy that has existed for a number of years..    

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 167
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.