Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 299 Guests

Hurst

This thread currently has 29,209 views. Print
17 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
RonMariner
January 24, 2021, 12:05pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,545
Gold Stars: 225
Quoted from Davec
Where can I find this Hanson interview please.

It was on RH about 15 minutes after Hurst's interview. I don't know if it is still available.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 167
January 24, 2021, 12:19pm
Guest User
I would like to see PH implement  Alan Buckleys philosophy  If the team plays below his expectations  , they come in Sunday  for extra training.  Play well you get the day off.  
Reply: 111 - 167
DB
January 24, 2021, 12:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,974
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from 4055
I would like to see PH implement  Alan Buckleys philosophy  If the team plays below his expectations  , they come in Sunday  for extra training.  Play well you get the day off.  

Not sure if it was George Kerr, but one manager had them running up and down the beach.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 167
HertsGTFC
January 24, 2021, 12:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,883
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from DB

Not sure if it was George Kerr, but one manager had them running up and down the beach.

Laurie Mc had them up and down a dirty great hill.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 167
arryarryarry
January 24, 2021, 1:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

Oh my word are you for real.

Are you?
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 167
Limerick Mariner
January 24, 2021, 1:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,664
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from smokey111

Well said. A point made by Hurst. In the present climate, I wouldn't want to be an out of work lower league footballer. I think Hurst has put all his cards on the table and called the players out. An early gamble. There has to be a reaction on Tuesday. My genuine fear is that such a reaction might be a reckless early tackle to show 'I am up for it'.

Need passion but discipline on Tuesday. UTFM

Spot on IMHO. We seem to be generally lacking in any game sense in managing the refs - we show the wrong kind of aggression, we are not alert and getting stuck in to win second ball, yet we are leaving the foot in and barging in a pointless way. It's stuff that you'd get away with years ago, but we know refs blow for almost any contact now so why do we continue doing it? We get the wrong side of the ref, and that means 50:50 decisions go against us - it cost us two goals yesterday from the free kicks. The third goal was probably offside as well. I'm not whingeing about decisions here, we deserved nothing, we are lacking intelligence in our play and getting out thought as well as out fought.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 167
mariner91
January 24, 2021, 1:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,580
Gold Stars: 260
Whilst I would agree that some of Hurst's subs were questionable yesterday he really cannot be blamed for the situation given the mess he's inherited. How many of these players would he actually want given the choice? My bet is out of the entire squad he'd keep maybe four or five if finances and time weren't against him. They really are the most pathetic squad we've ever had. Physically, technically and mentally we are poor throughout the squad.

I agree with someone else who said it was a gamble by Hurst to get a reaction from the players. They need to stand up and be counted. I can put up with a player being a bit naff but the lack of desire yesterday in a local derby in very important circumstances was disgraceful. If you can't be arsed to fight your way out of the situation the club is in right now then you will not have a career in professional football. The only way from here if your heart isn't in it, is down. And that soon leads to part-time football at the likes of Alfreton. Let's hope to see a reaction on Tuesday but most of our players have less spine than a jellyfish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 167
arryarryarry
January 24, 2021, 2:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from DB
At the end of the day Holloway WALKED. He brought in most of the squad which the new manager had to inherit. Probably Fenty's delay in shall I sell or not meant that Hurst did not come before the new year.

If it wasn't Hursty as manager, a new man would still have similar problems. If the chickens don't want to lay eggs then you can't make them.

Whilst I agree that Holloway has signed some really crap players, the starting line up yesterday only included one Holloway player, Preston, which sadly means we nearly need an entirely new squad.
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 167
Croxton
January 24, 2021, 2:14pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Spot on IMHO. We seem to be generally lacking in any game sense in managing the refs - we show the wrong kind of aggression, we are not alert and getting stuck in to win second ball, yet we are leaving the foot in and barging in a pointless way. It's stuff that you'd get away with years ago, but we know refs blow for almost any contact now so why do we continue doing it? We get the wrong side of the ref, and that means 50:50 decisions go against us - it cost us two goals yesterday from the free kicks. The third goal was probably offside as well. I'm not whingeing about decisions here, we deserved nothing, we are lacking intelligence in our play and getting out thought as well as out fought.

Bang on. Our stats on petty and clumsy fouls are terrible. Proper leaders on the pitch would stamp it out. Too many introverts this season like Hendrie, Hewitt, Preston, Williams, Taylor and Morton. Not enough talkers like Hessenthaler or Morais keeping others on their toes. Habergham looks another quiet one. Some saying that the skipper's role is only for the toss up is a moot point. As one of our pro women's pundits said this week,  'you need leaders all over the pitch'.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 167
moosey_club
January 24, 2021, 2:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,213
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I think the fact Hurst who when he was here before generally defended the players when things where not going well has come out and named it publicly just underlines that he's not prepared to gloss over what is such a poor squad in terms of quality and application.

I know he'll bring in additions in the next week whether they are the ones he wants or not remains to be seen as it's evident that players don't want to come, I'd suspect not so much due to location but due to the fact we're pathetic and on the face of it certs to go down.

I expect us to get relegated and then have a difficult season or two whilst we change the squad and the culture of apathy that has existed for a number of years..    

Yeah , he was probably aware of the pelters that Runaway got after he tried defending some of the previous performances we have seen , just thought , fck it , i will just say what i see as i am sure everyone else can see the same.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 167
17 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.