Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst
Users Browsing Forum
Baidu Spider, Googlebot and 354 Guests

Hurst

This thread currently has 29,222 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
FishOutOfWater
January 23, 2021, 4:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Humbercod

Gary Croft who was there commentating said at the end of the game united players looked absolutely exhausted, whilst some of the town players looked like they could of played another game.
That is unacceptable, Hanson on the Humberside now saying ‘we showed no desire’ again not acceptable, these are still professional players and it’s Hurst’s job to get the best out of them.

I'd just posted about Hanson being on air on the match thread... agreed it is not acceptable. Is it too early to say the players don't want to play for Hurst. Or just don't want to play full stop  

Quoted from FishOutOfWater
Hanson on RH now

Saying it wasn't about our quality but about our lack of desire

I know he was only one of the 11 that failed us but if he thought that about his team-mates, he should have been laying in to them out there.

Just being a bystander while everyone else isn't up for the fight isn't really acceptable either
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 30 - 167
toontown
January 23, 2021, 4:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from buckstown
His pre match interview was revealing as well. Said we'd clearly over committed on a couple of contracts when we should have had a better look (Gibson?)
When asked about departures he said no disrespect to the players but anyone leaving would be looking to drop a couple of leagues and with the national league partly stopping it made things difficult

Yeah I said that before, green is NLN level at best nowadays,  Jackson and Gibson probably the same.

Of the rest I doubt many of our players would look good in the conference.

At least Hurst is now under no illusion as to just how bad our players are. However that doesn't explain continuing with green (and even more unbelievably into the 2nd half too).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 167
lew chaterleys lover
January 23, 2021, 4:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Mariner93er

The cliche new manager bounce only happens when you have an under-performing team with the players to turn it around. We're not under-performing, we're exactly where we should be with the squad Holloway assembled.

I agree we are rubbish, but he should have been able to instil some sense of urgency, at the very least.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 167
MuddyWaters
January 23, 2021, 4:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Hanson, Habergham, the centre backs and Matete are possibly up to the task - the rest can go. Hendrie and Hewitt have really disappointed since Hurst came.

He was brutal, he's right to be brutal - that was shocking.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 167
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 23, 2021, 4:38pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 73

I agree we are rubbish, but he should have been able to instil some sense of urgency, at the very least.

Agree was expecting some very dour 0-0 and 1-0 wins but very disappointed that we continue to leak goals and there is little to no improvement in our attacking play. Said last week we desperately need a new midfield and we might have found one of these but need two more. Note Bennett now done his hamstring, Morais has also got a twinge and these type of injuries seem to be a regular event this season, so is this down to our training facilities or training regime ?

Fear the worst and to cap it all Lincoln now take the lead to make a bad day even worse. Oldham score a third, Morecombe winning again and we flounder.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 167
headingly_mariner
January 23, 2021, 4:39pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Hanson, Habergham, the centre backs and Matete are possibly up to the task - the rest can go. Hendrie and Hewitt have really disappointed since Hurst came.

He was brutal, he's right to be brutal - that was shocking.

Habergham was utterly shite today with and without the ball, Hendrie was his usual steady self.

Agree about Hewitt who is one of the worst central midfielders to ever turn out for us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 167
MarinerDevil
January 23, 2021, 4:41pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,737
Gold Stars: 80
So he's already gone nuclear, questioning the players' desire to be professional footballers after this season.  Very worrying tbh, it's a desperate last-ditch attempt to scare players into battle, the kind of intervention you can only try once or you'll lose them for good.  

I can't see it working either as most of them are totally drained of confidence and looked paralysed and confused.  You can see it when they freeze as the ball comes to them, terrified of their first touch, distrusting their teammates to follow their ideas.  It's all symptomatic of poor messaging and a lack of leadership.  

It's not completely over though.  Southend's form has dried up and Stevenage have difficult fixtures approaching, bar us.  But all signs point to us tail-spinning into provisional relegation unless NL issues reprieve us.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 167
livvo
January 23, 2021, 4:41pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +133
Gold Stars: 6
I think P H answered that question.  You can't make somebody want to do something[ quote=3362]

I agree we are rubbish, but he should have been able to instil some sense of urgency, at the very least.[/quote]

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 167
Boris Johnson
January 23, 2021, 4:45pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from psgmariner
Hurst signed 4 of the 11 players who started today. We have somehow regressed under him and despite him claiming to have watched us for weeks he hasn’t addressed our two big problems (goalkeeper and striker). No free pass from me.

This for me.

I doubt he has considered the keeper position. But anyone up front would be better
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 167
HertsGTFC
January 23, 2021, 4:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from psgmariner
Hurst signed 4 of the 11 players who started today. We have somehow regressed under him and despite him claiming to have watched us for weeks he hasn’t addressed our two big problems (goalkeeper and striker). No free pass from me.

Wow!!

You’ve clearly been spoilt under Holloway then ?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 167
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.