Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 319 Guests

Hurst

This thread currently has 29,226 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
January 23, 2021, 5:59pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,170
Gold Stars: 265
so who do we think he was referring to?

Hendrie and Harbergam had bad games, but hendrie has done enough to be exempt from criticism, as has Max Wright..
He's already excepted (is that a word?) the 2 debutantes, so that leaves 6. Hanson and Pollock looked like they were battling. Mckeown , Preston, Green, Hewitt are the others.
of the subs Williams (and this applies to Bennet when he's in the team) was threatening but he's not up for the fight. Jackson didn't look good enough; Spokes was better and i don't think he's a shirker. I would include Rose in the criticism - he needs to show more, although he was better than usual. Scannell looked like a poor imitation of Morais.

so in conclusion we could do with replacements for Preston, green, Hewitt, possibly Rose & McKeown plus a goalscorer.
not much needed then!

ps a real indictment of our standards , when he pointed out that our outstanding player was a 19 year old fringe player at bloody Fleetwood

pps Barrow have only lost 1 in their last 5 .....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 167
MuddyWaters
January 23, 2021, 6:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from forza ivano
so who do we think he was referring to?

Hendrie and Harbergam had bad games, but hendrie has done enough to be exempt from criticism, as has Max Wright..
He's already excepted (is that a word?) the 2 debutantes, so that leaves 6. Hanson and Pollock looked like they were battling. Mckeown , Preston, Green, Hewitt are the others.
of the subs Williams (and this applies to Bennet when he's in the team) was threatening but he's not up for the fight. Jackson didn't look good enough; Spokes was better and i don't think he's a shirker. I would include Rose in the criticism - he needs to show more, although he was better than usual. Scannell looked like a poor imitation of Morais.

so in conclusion we could do with replacements for Preston, green, Hewitt, possibly Rose & McKeown plus a goalscorer.
not much needed then!

ps a real indictment of our standards , when he pointed out that our outstanding player was a 19 year old fringe player at bloody Fleetwood

pps Barrow have only lost 1 in their last 5 .....

Hendrie has been pretty poor all season, Wright excluded but only because he’s coming back from injury.
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 167
January 23, 2021, 6:25pm
Guest User
Quoted from Humbercod
Does Hurst get a free pass this season regardless? To say the players are not good enough is one thing, but when you can’t even fire them up for a local derby is another.

Thing is, for most of the players we have, they probably never knew where Scunthorpe was until they travelled there today.  I can't see that many of them thought of it as a local derby, what they should have been thinking of was to play their hearts out for the club, so that they won't be one of those players kicked out in the near future.

Reply: 52 - 167
DB
January 23, 2021, 6:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,002
Gold Stars: 386
Hursty also said that some in the dressing room either didn't or could care about the current situation, even though those players were responsible for the current situation.

If that's the case pay them off and get people in who do/will care. I rather see players with passion and commitment lose then wage takers.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 167
ginnywings
January 23, 2021, 6:27pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
Think it was telling that he mentioned Loft and his grafting, which was a clear dig at Green, who is only playing because he's the only striker with any experience other than Hanson. Don't think he's too impressed with Jackson or Gibson, who were alluded to in his pre match as being given contracts beyond their worth.

Loft is another player who turned us down and was typical that he scored against us after being largely ineffective for most of the season.

Will be surprised if Green starts on Tuesday or ever again if we can get someone else in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 167
Gaffer58
January 23, 2021, 6:33pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Think Hurst stated the problem during the interview, he said that after the game at BP their manager Cox, stated that we were more up for it, so I would presume he had them well wound up for today, whereas Hurst intimated we lacked application. So basically the difference between 2 poor teams is who wants it more,  and that is how our season will be decided, we dont have the ability but do we have the right attitude.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 167
moosey_club
January 23, 2021, 6:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from 123614

Quoted Text
Thing is, for most of the players we have, they probably never knew where Scunthorpe was until they travelled there today
.  I can't see that many of them thought of it as a local derby, what they should have been thinking of was to play their hearts out for the club, so that they won't be one of those players kicked out in the near future.

Think that's inaccurate....I would think half of them drive past the Scunny turn offs on their way to work.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 167
arryarryarry
January 23, 2021, 6:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Hagrid

From me he does. The players are an embarrassment

He said he had watched some games so it disappoints me to think he has only just come to that conclusion.

He surely must have known this squad of players are probably the worst in Town's history, frig me this shower of excrement are much worse than what Neil Woods had to work with.
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 167
Eastendmariner
January 23, 2021, 6:41pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +940
Gold Stars: 22
We all know one player doesn't make a successful team but with Green it's clearly not working. Is there no one in the reserves than can actually make a difference ? Play someone up front out of the reserves to prove a point  a few days left in the transfer window  more urgency surely to find a striker

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 167
arryarryarry
January 23, 2021, 6:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from DB
You cannot whip a herd of donkeys to race against a team of pony's. A donkey is a donkey and plods, but if you consider it a donkey will plod along all day long for a carrot. Our are getting paid money and cannot even plod.

Scunthorpe have been donkeys all season so far, their manager has been under pressure from fans but he managed to whip his lot to urine all over us
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 167
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.