Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › F A Chairman
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 11 Guests

F A Chairman

This thread currently has 19,673 views. Print
21 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
friskneymariner
November 13, 2020, 12:26pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Sandford1981
Oh I get that but it reads like you are an awareness trainer who is racist.

That's because you have no awareness of racism .I am available for a very reasonable rate.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 208
friskneymariner
November 13, 2020, 12:27pm

Champagne Drinker
Quoted from 140067

No it doesn't. Eats shutes and leaves.

Obviously a very erudite poster.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 208
Sandford1981
November 13, 2020, 12:36pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from friskneymariner

That's because you have no awareness of racism .I am available for a very reasonable rate.

Aside from your apparent lack of humour, you have no idea whatsoever, about my awareness of racism.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 208
friskneymariner
November 13, 2020, 1:50pm

Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Sandford1981

Aside from your apparent lack of humour, you have no idea whatsoever, about my awareness of racism.

Well forgive me,but not knowing what Racist Awareness is,maybe a clue.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 208
Sandford1981
November 13, 2020, 2:00pm
Fine Wine Drinker

Well forgive me,but not knowing what Racist Awareness is,maybe a clue.

It was a play on words, it had no connection to my level of awareness, it was an attempt at humour which I’m now seeing was misplaced. My apologies.

While I’m at it though, surely it’s racism awareness trainer?

Private Message
Reply: 154 - 208
friskneymariner
November 13, 2020, 2:14pm

Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Sandford1981

It was a play on words, it had no connection to my level of awareness, it was an attempt at humour which I’m now seeing was misplaced. My apologies.

While I’m at it though, surely it’s racism awareness trainer?

Again you really show you lack of knowledge between racism and racist.Don't like to school you on a public forum but basically ;-

Racism is institutional structural discrimination which may be director or indirect intentional or unintentional.

Racist it behaviour or attitudes of a individual that defines a person attributes by deign of their ethnic origin.

Hence an individual can make racist comments but cannot be guilty,  of racismwhereas an organization or body that has authority over others can be guilty of racism.
Again charge very reasonable rates.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 208
friskneymariner
November 13, 2020, 2:29pm

Champagne Drinker
Avery useful starting point for self enlightenment is Lena Dominelli  Anti-racist Social Work available on Amazon for about £3.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 208
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 13, 2020, 2:33pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Avery useful starting point for self enlightenment is Lena Dominelli  Anti-racist Social Work available on Amazon for about £3.

Does it provide a set of scales to weigh the arguments?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 208
Sandford1981
November 13, 2020, 2:41pm
Fine Wine Drinker

Again you really show you lack of knowledge between racism and racist.Don't like to school you on a public forum but basically ;-

Racism is institutional structural discrimination which may be director or indirect intentional or unintentional.

Racist it behaviour or attitudes of a individual that defines a person attributes by deign of their ethnic origin.

Hence and individual can make racist comments but cannot be guilty,whereas an organization or authority that has authority over others can be guilty of racism.
Again charge very reasonable rates.

Respectfully, I disagree, I don’t think I have shown a lack of understanding around racism.

It seems you have made a value judgement about me based on very little evidence and a couple of across purpose messages.

As I’ve said it was a failed attempt at humour and word play and nothing else.

Private Message
Reply: 158 - 208
friskneymariner
November 13, 2020, 2:57pm

Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Sandford1981

Respectfully, I disagree, I don’t think I have shown a lack of understanding around racism.

It seems you have made a value judgement about me based on very little evidence and a couple of across purpose messages.

As I’ve said it was a failed attempt at humour and word play and nothing else.

Wow these are not my own personal views but well established principles of anti -discriminatory practice,you may as well say you believe the world is flat,please do yourself a favour a conduct a little research (there is plenty of literature out there) before you make comments that identify your ignorance.It is not my role to bring you up to speed that is your responsibility, I am not dependent on your approval or approbation,what do I know I've only had 30 years in the field I sure you could school me in the ubject.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 208
21 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › F A Chairman

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.