Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › F A Chairman
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
grimsby pete and 23 Guests

F A Chairman

This thread currently has 19,529 views. Print
21 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
friskneymariner
November 13, 2020, 8:29pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
I would love to be able to turn the clock back 20 years and get the cynics on here to come to one of my courses to listen to Keith Alexander relate  some of the racists experiences he had encountered,you would all have been very moved I can assure you.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 180 - 208
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
November 13, 2020, 8:44pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,805
Gold Stars: 552
Quoted from friskneymariner
I would love to be able to turn the clock back 20 years and get the cynics on here to come to one of my courses to listen to Keith Alexander relate  some of the racists experiences he had encountered,you would all have been very moved I can assure you.

I nearly brought up Keith 7 pages ago. He must have put up with so much sh1t. We have moved on. But too slowly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 181 - 208
Ipswin
November 14, 2020, 6:46am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from friskneymariner

Don't feed his ego he gets a perverse kick out of winding people up,probably getting excited by your response.

I am simply drunk off because everybody is getting so wound up because someone has used the word 'coloured' instead of black Not everyone is as up to date and painfully PC as the righteous on here claim to be

I am told that coloured is not acceptable because it used to signify 'non white' and I must now call people 'black'. Does that mean everyone who is non white is therefore now black? My light brown Moroccan neighbour will I am sure not like it much - I'll ask him

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 182 - 208
aldi_01
November 14, 2020, 7:58am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Ipswin

I am simply drunk off because everybody is getting so wound up because someone has used the word 'coloured' instead of black Not everyone is as up to date and painfully PC as the righteous on here claim to be

I am told that coloured is not acceptable because it used to signify 'non white' and I must now call people 'black'. Does that mean everyone who is non white is therefore now black? My light brown Moroccan neighbour will I am sure not like it much - I'll ask him

Be drunk off all you want but you’re not the top man at an organisation known around the world, with access to the latest commercial, media and diversity training.

There is no excuse...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 183 - 208
Rodley Mariner
November 14, 2020, 8:09am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Quoted from Ipswin

Read this thread and again and tell me it's the anti-racists who are getting wound up......In terms of your Moroccan neighbour, why don't you just refer to him by his name or ask him?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 184 - 208
Ipswin
November 14, 2020, 8:14am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

Be drunk off all you want but you’re not the top man at an organisation known around the world, with access to the latest commercial, media and diversity training.

There is no excuse...

I am not and never have defended the bloke If it is deemed wrong to use the term he used then of course I accept that. What I object to are the holier than thou brigade criticising older folk who are not aware ad therefore might use what is now a non PC term. I am 100% sure that none of them use the wrong term to be deliberately racist.

Private Message
Reply: 185 - 208
Ipswin
November 14, 2020, 8:22am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

Read this thread and again and tell me it's the anti-racists who are getting wound up......In terms of your Moroccan neighbour, why don't you just refer to him by his name or ask him?

It most certainly is, ever since a poster said his elderly parents still used the incorrect term no understanding has been shown to those of us who are not 100% up to date on current thinking (coloured / BAME etc)

As far as my neighbour is concerned of course I address him by name but were I to describe him to an outsider I wouldn't feel comfortable if I said 'that black bloke', to me that is incorrect and I don't feel comfortable using the term. I'm certainly not going to call over the fence today and say 'are you black Mo?'

Not all 'non-whites' are black, that's all.and the term is as incorrect as 'coloured' was.

Private Message
Reply: 186 - 208
Rodley Mariner
November 14, 2020, 8:37am
Special Brew Drinker
If you have to 'describe him to an outsider' why not refer to him as 'my neighbour'? For what it's worth I have some sympathy for elderly people in these situations but less for heads of the FA and people obtusely flipping about on League 2 football forums.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 187 - 208
Ipswin
November 14, 2020, 8:44am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
less for people obtusely flipping about on League 2 football forums.

Well that immediately discriminates against 50% of the posters on here for a start!  

Private Message
Reply: 188 - 208
Rodley Mariner
November 14, 2020, 8:45am
Special Brew Drinker
Only 50%?!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 189 - 208
21 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › F A Chairman

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.