TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 14, 2020, 6:05pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Manchester Mariner

My mother in law is from Liverpool and the amount of agro and family fall outs due to Catholics marrying out of their denominations is crazy. Granted it would've been 'Old Liverpool' as my MIL calls it and things have probably changed but the stories of fights at weddings and non-Catholics being banned from their own siblings funerals were pretty virulent.

Got nothing to do with the FA chairman fallout really but mentions of scouse catholics always remind me of her mental secretarian stories.

On the other hand such casual anti-semitism is very relevant to the matter of language.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 200 - 208
codcheeky
November 14, 2020, 6:41pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31

On the other hand such casual anti-semitism is very relevant to the matter of language.

I cannot see any anti semetism in this post maybe you can point it out for me, it seems much more anti catholic to me
Private Message
Reply: 201 - 208
Ipswin
November 14, 2020, 6:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Sandford1981

Perhaps Ipswin could ask his neighbour for his opinion?

I don't speak to the bloke - he's a foreigner  

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 202 - 208
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 14, 2020, 7:15pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from codcheeky

I cannot see any anti semetism in this post maybe you can point it out for me, it seems much more anti catholic to me

He is replying to my post which does show some ant-semitism.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 203 - 208
Sandford1981
November 14, 2020, 7:33pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from Ipswin

Touché

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 204 - 208
Croxton
November 14, 2020, 9:51pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 33
Both my sons have Iranian partners. They have in laws called Mohammed, Fuzi and Baal. All are high functioning professionals in 'The North'. In the 12 years I have known them, I have met many of their wider family at weddings, funerals and celebrations such as Diwali. The issue of 'racial definition' has never been discussed apart from in the choice of names for my four grandchildren. I'm not saying there have been no issues for everyone I have met but the general level of career and societal success would indicate a good measure of integration for the well educated. It has never occurred to me that these lovely folk ,or my grandkids, are 'people of colour'.

It seems to me that descriptors for 'non white British' are more problematic for poorer, less well educated groups who feel marginalised culturally and economically.  If my sons had been manual workers, say and found partners from communities in the East of Sheffield, then I imagine ethnic and cultural differences may have been more difficult to negotiate. 'Class' and economic success make words like 'black' 'Asian' and 'multi ethnic' almost redundant for some and only discussed when used by politicians.

Andy George, President of the National Black Police Association, makes the point that PC moves to ban the  phrase 'black coffee' are harmful to the BAME communities. Improving economic prospects and increasing opportunities will have far greater effects.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/ne.....ities-senior-police/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 205 - 208
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
November 14, 2020, 11:51pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,805
Gold Stars: 552
Quoted from Ipswin

I must confez, I can’t picture you Rabatting on with your Moroccan neighbour over the garden fence
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 206 - 208
Ipswin
November 15, 2020, 8:10am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89

I must confez, I can’t picture you Rabatting on with your Moroccan neighbour over the garden fence

Saw what you did there!  

He does do a very interesting roll up ciggie which we enjoy together in the garden in Summer

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 207 - 208
Rick12
November 15, 2020, 8:55am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

Read this thread and again and tell me it's the anti-racists who are getting wound up......

If something is wrong or accuses you of something your not your going to fight it. Thats why things improve .If not things stay the same and evil flourishes. For instance if someone calls you a thief or a wife beater and youve never stole or  laid a finger on someone or beat her up. Smear campaigns that are designed to wound someone. The irony of it is the people dishing out the abuse are on the same continuum as the racists .Giving out negative energy which harms us all. Whatever you do in this world has some kind of karma for better or worse but ultimately  its the good path that always wins out in the long run.

Like previously stated we all need to work in harmony with each other and nature as well as we are all fundamentally connected to that singular energy source that started everything.

Period

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 208 - 208
21 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › F A Chairman

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.