Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › F A Chairman
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 13 Guests

F A Chairman

This thread currently has 19,524 views. Print
21 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
IlkleyMariner
November 10, 2020, 6:31pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,979
Gold Stars: 69
Greg Clarke, chair of FA resigns because he referred to black players as coloured.

He may not have been the best leader of the FA we have ever had, but this is political correctness gone mad

Don’t think he’s a racist, nor am I but where will this nonsense end?
Logged Offline
Private Message
GollyGTFC
November 10, 2020, 6:39pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,973
Gold Stars: 356
I don’t agree. I do think sometimes too much is placed on what is said rather than what is meant, but in the current climate especially his position was completely untenable.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 208
moosey_club
November 10, 2020, 6:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,202
Gold Stars: 224
He is the leader of the organisation that started/ gave the game to the world.......not some bloke down the pub......he should be leading the football world in the right manner, right language, appropriate comments.....not dragging it backwards. Using the language he did just shows why the FA campaigns dont work....the leaders just dont understand.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 208
forza ivano
November 10, 2020, 6:43pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
As john barnes has pointed out ,the whole thing is a sideshow and what's happened as a result is that the big questions the football authorities were facing have been completely ignored
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 208
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 10, 2020, 6:44pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Greg Clarke, chair of FA resigns because he referred to black players as coloured.

He may not have been the best leader of the FA we have ever had, but this is political correctness gone mad

The man is a fool. Surely someone who has risen to be FA Chairman should have realised that you may think what you like but these days you must be more circumspect than ever in how you express those thoughts. That is why he really needed to go, His words showed he did not understand what was required. Simply,  he was not good enough.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 208
dicko995
November 10, 2020, 7:14pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -259
Gold Stars: 21
my g,kids say they cant say blackboard now, its a chalkboard. I reckon they should bring out the jam jars again with our favourite gollywog collections, i for one would save for my badges, fk em.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 208
lew chaterleys lover
November 10, 2020, 7:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,653
Gold Stars: 234
When did we have to change from saying "people of colour" which is now frowned upon, and "black" which is now acceptable? Politics aside, surely "people of colour" is more inclusive than just "black."

Isn't it more important to judge people like the FA chairman from his actions rather than his words, which may or may not be currently acceptable?
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 208
Gaffer58
November 10, 2020, 7:27pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,097
Gold Stars: 31
So is everybody from Europe a white (hope that is the correct term) person, you have the Northern Europeans more naturally white but those from Southern Europe are not as white, I understand to some people how I’ve written this is terrible but hey, we all haven’t had a university education, but the point I’m trying to make is that will whites/ Caucasians soon start insisting in different titles.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 208
Rick12
November 10, 2020, 7:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from IlkleyMariner

Being a big naturalist there's a degree of truth to that. Your probably aware the colour of ones skin "coloured" is an evolutionary adaptation to nature that protected humans from the sun and isnt offensive if used in the right context eg discussing how nature forces species to evolve based on environmental conditioning . Some people used that wrongly to subjugate people on the colour of their skin .

Likewise we all originated from Africa and environment has shaped us all physically to some degree or another. Black/Indian people have dark skin to protect themselves from the sun. Similarly  evolutionary theory's suggest Chinese people have slitty eyes to protect them from the harshness of the cold/wind.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 208
headingly_mariner
November 10, 2020, 7:57pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113
He didn’t just use the out of touch term “coloured”, he also made discriminatory comments about South East Asians, Caribbean’s, female footballers and he said being gay was a lifestyle choice.  

He’s the Chairman of the FA not some moron down the pub.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 208
21 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › F A Chairman

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.