Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Mental Health
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 18 Guests

Mental Health

This thread currently has 21,638 views. Print
35 Pages Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
July 31, 2022, 10:02am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,972
Gold Stars: 360
Thank you mate, that’s so kind.
All the very best to you too.
Stick together and help each other through.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 230 - 340
lukeo
August 6, 2022, 10:42am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,396
Gold Stars: 149
How are we doing fella? Haven't popped into here for a couple weeks. Hope all is well x
Ataw
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 231 - 340
DB
October 8, 2022, 1:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.46
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,042
Gold Stars: 390
Bump

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 232 - 340
AndyDarloFC
October 10, 2022, 6:09pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
Just a quick message to anyone who may read on today's #WorldMentalHealthDay

The advice I’d give to somebody that’s silently struggling is: You don’t have to live that way. You don’t have to struggle in silence. You can be un-silent. You can live well with a mental health condition, as long as you open up to somebody about it, because it’s really important you share your experience with people so that you can get the help that you need.

You don’t have to be positive all the time. It’s perfectly okay to feel sad, angry, annoyed, frustrated, scared and anxious. Having feelings doesn’t make you a negative person. It makes you human.

You've got this and you're not alone - My DM's are always open. Despite being a Darlo fan, I'm a sound bloke and always willing to listen to you.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 233 - 340
DB
October 11, 2022, 12:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.46
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,042
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from AndyDarloFC
Just a quick message to anyone who may read on today's #WorldMentalHealthDay

The advice I’d give to somebody that’s silently struggling is: You don’t have to live that way. You don’t have to struggle in silence. You can be un-silent. You can live well with a mental health condition, as long as you open up to somebody about it, because it’s really important you share your experience with people so that you can get the help that you need.

You don’t have to be positive all the time. It’s perfectly okay to feel sad, angry, annoyed, frustrated, scared and anxious. Having feelings doesn’t make you a negative person. It makes you human.

You've got this and you're not alone - My DM's are always open. Despite being a Darlo fan, I'm a sound bloke and always willing to listen to you.

Well put Andy. I think the problem may be that, unfortunately, people think they can cope with mental illness and do not realise they need help.

If you have a cut you get a plaster. If your brain needs a reset you don't both.er Yes I know it's not as simple as that but as Andy says the first large step is talking. Once you speak out you can then take control of a situation. Like Andy you can send me a PM if you to speak out.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 234 - 340
Rick12
October 12, 2022, 10:59am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Very sad when you hear of suicides in any walk of life but some catch you by surprise. I note the politician Sajid Javids brother took his own life recently. Hence when a family is successful you think these things happen far less but it can affect anyone.

I read recently a book about a young women aged only 25 who lost her life to illness . She went to a top university in the United States and cited a suicide when she was studying there . A young man couldn't cope with the academic rigours and maintaining  a image of success. She said something which made a lot of sense titled the duck syndrome. On the outside ducks look ok but underneath the water their legs are really struggling to keep afloat. Bit like some of us. On the outside we present a picture that everything is ok but deep within our subconscious were really struggling with things .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 235 - 340
lukeo
December 2, 2022, 7:38am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,396
Gold Stars: 149
*bump*

I hope everyone is well, just a quick message to reiterate that it's OK to open up and talk. Please do not suffer alone.
I say this as yesterday I had the news a young lad I coached and played with for the last 5 years has taken his own life (aged 22). Its so important to not fight depression, heart break and loneliness alone.

Stay safe all x
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 236 - 340
LH
December 11, 2022, 10:50am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,564
Gold Stars: 174
I always struggle in the winter and this year is no different. It’s probably something to do with sunlight but also the things I enjoy doing and use for distractions (golf and walking) become less available. I’m getting to the point in life now where I’m regretting some of the choices I made earlier in life with regards career. I’m somewhat of a social hand grenade so I’m becoming a bit reclusive and socially awkward (at the very best) if I do. Anyway I left an event after having a bit of a moment last night and was walking country roads in the cold and dark and I now think it’s time to act on it.
Private Message
Reply: 237 - 340
grimsby pete
December 11, 2022, 11:44am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,825
Gold Stars: 222
As most of you know i suffer with depression and like many on here say you must talk about it and not bottle it up.

If you do not have family or close friend to talk to there always your fishy friends on here who will listen to your problems me included.

I also find the winter months are the worse and i have suffered so long with the dark moods that i reconise the trigger points early now so i do the things that make me happy to brighten my mood.

The best thing is to talk about it and of course if you have not seen your doctor do so because moderb medicine do help .

Remember you are not alone 1 in 3 of us will suffer with this problem so never think nobody can help .Its the ones who bottle things up who take their lifes so please do not be one of those.

Its good to talk .

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 238 - 340
Rick12
December 11, 2022, 1:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from grimsby pete
As most of you know i suffer with depression and like many on here say you must talk about it and not bottle it up.

If you do not have family or close friend to talk to there always your fishy friends on here who will listen to your problems me included.

The best thing is to talk about it and of course if you have not seen your doctor do so because moderb medicine do help .

Remember you are not alone 1 in 3 of us will suffer with this problem so never think nobody can help .Its the ones who bottle things up who take their lifes so please do not be one of those.

Its good to talk .
Lovely words Pete 🕯️.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 239 - 340
35 Pages Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Mental Health

Thread Rating

There have been 3 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.