Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Mental Health
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, grimsby pete and 22 Guests

Mental Health

This thread currently has 21,646 views. Print
35 Pages Prev ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 Next All Recommend Thread
Rick12
February 22, 2023, 9:05am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
What I like about this thread is people can open up about stuff within reason ( complete trust is difficult I find as no person is pure).

I often go back to what I read about Mike Tyson. No matter how tough someone seems on the exterior there is always a part in someone's character that makes them crumble and it's ok . Prior to his fights when younger he often cried before getting in the ring as he was nervous and scared believe it or not.

As people have  said on this mental health thread it's ok to show human emotion and cry about things. Often in the past it wasn't manly to show emotion. It is though as we're all susceptible to things emotionally.  

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 270 - 340
ginnywings
February 22, 2023, 10:37pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Humbercod

I went years and years without crying, despite some quite traumatic events, yet I was bizarrely proud of the fact I hadn't cried in so long.  As if my stubbornness and inability to express myself was a badge of honour.  Red flags going off all over the place and I ignored them.

This was me for most of my life weddings, funerals, sad movies I would of rather died than be seen crying, sometimes I would struggle to hold back but then I’d just leave the situation.

Watched a Disney movie with the kids at the weekend and the kids were in a bit of shock I think when they noticed my tears 😂
Feels so much better to just be myself and I know there’s no shame in natural emotion.

Great advice by the way in your earlier post👍

Good to see you posting Humbo.

Hope you're feeling better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 271 - 340
Humbercod
February 23, 2023, 9:40am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,487
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from ginnywings

Good to see you posting Humbo.

Hope you're feeling better.

Thanks Ginny, I’m doing well 👍
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 272 - 340
Sandford1981
April 7, 2023, 6:28pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Bump!!

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 273 - 340
WetFlannel
April 9, 2023, 6:51am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
Hey guys, first time posting in this thread, but I’ve just recently had my first ever therapy session and I was the biggest naysayer of such things as part of the bullshit ‘British man who doesn’t need to whinge/complain because I just get on with life and and I don’t want to feel all moany when there’s worst things happening in the world’. My own insular attitudes resulted in me screwing up some parts of my private life and so I thought therapy wouldn’t hurt and… wow it really does help to be able to have access to such services. Glad to finally have moved past my reticence towards speaking about things
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 274 - 340
lukeo
April 9, 2023, 7:35am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,397
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from WetFlannel
Hey guys, first time posting in this thread, but I’ve just recently had my first ever therapy session and I was the biggest naysayer of such things as part of the bullshit ‘British man who doesn’t need to whinge/complain because I just get on with life and and I don’t want to feel all moany when there’s worst things happening in the world’. My own insular attitudes resulted in me screwing up some parts of my private life and so I thought therapy wouldn’t hurt and… wow it really does help to be able to have access to such services. Glad to finally have moved past my reticence towards speaking about things

Well done fella! That first step is the hardest! It's so good seeing more and more men opening up and taking care of themselves.
If you don't mind me asking, what kind of therapy was it? I did talk therapy and it was a huge relief and helped me move forward alot quicker than I expected, the lady who did it was brilliant and I know it's their job but she genuinely made me feel like she cared and was a close friend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 275 - 340
DB
April 9, 2023, 9:33am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.46
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,044
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from WetFlannel

Congratulations.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 276 - 340
LH
May 1, 2023, 8:37pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,564
Gold Stars: 174
Five months on from my first post on this thread and it’s a complete turnaround for me. Walked/ran 39 miles on golf courses and the Wolds this weekend, I’ve got a very faint sunburn on my face and arms and I’ve finished it off with a roast pork dinner tonight. This time of year is the best time for my and I’m sure many others mental wellbeing.
Private Message
Reply: 277 - 340
lukeo
May 2, 2023, 5:57am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,397
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from LH
Five months on from my first post on this thread and it’s a complete turnaround for me. Walked/ran 39 miles on golf courses and the Wolds this weekend, I’ve got a very faint sunburn on my face and arms and I’ve finished it off with a roast pork dinner tonight. This time of year is the best time for my and I’m sure many others mental wellbeing.

Really glad you're more upbeat Leon.
It's funny you say this, I'd never heard of it until recently but apparently alot of people suffer from 'SAD' ( seasonal affectiveness disorder). Now I'm not for a second saying I do. But I definitely am more closed off and grumpy in the wintery months.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 278 - 340
DB
May 2, 2023, 6:01am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.46
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,044
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from LH

I'm pleased to hear it Leon, take care and enjoy life again.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 279 - 340
35 Pages Prev ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Mental Health

Thread Rating

There have been 3 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.