Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Coronavirus
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 30 Guests

Coronavirus

This thread currently has 384,484 views. Print
347 Pages Prev ... 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 ... Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
September 23, 2020, 6:32am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
And again, a whole valid bunch of reasons given and yet in order defend the incompetence reigning over us the go to statement is ‘one can’t imagine how much of a excrement show a labour government would’ve been’...a statement that literally means nothing. It’s not really even a opinion, it’s a sound bite, just like the nonsense that comes from Boris,

The simple fact is a populist, set obsessed government that sit to the right but in reality sit no where but for themselves have totally flipping buggered it up. Once again we’ve been told of some new made up ‘rules’ whilst basically being told it’s everyone else’s fault and not theirs. Their do as I say, not as I do mantra has been a significant player in this and now we’ve just got incomprehensible, plucked from thin air ideas.

The man is a girl private. At no point has he or his incompetent party had the balderdash to admit that they copulated it, we’ve become the laughing stock of the world with countries with far worse political systems than ours managing to get ahead of the game.

But I guess it’s ok, becauee it could be worse, it could be the Labour Party in charge...😂😂😂😂what absolute tosh...they’re not, so stop using it as some justification for Tory incompetence...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2990 - 3468
lew chaterleys lover
September 23, 2020, 10:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from aldi_01
And again, a whole valid bunch of reasons given and yet in order defend the incompetence reigning over us the go to statement is ‘one can’t imagine how much of a excrement show a labour government would’ve been’...a statement that literally means nothing. It’s not really even a opinion, it’s a sound bite, just like the nonsense that comes from Boris,

The simple fact is a populist, set obsessed government that sit to the right but in reality sit no where but for themselves have totally flipping buggered it up. Once again we’ve been told of some new made up ‘rules’ whilst basically being told it’s everyone else’s fault and not theirs. Their do as I say, not as I do mantra has been a significant player in this and now we’ve just got incomprehensible, plucked from thin air ideas.

The man is a girl private. At no point has he or his incompetent party had the balderdash to admit that they copulated it, we’ve become the laughing stock of the world with countries with far worse political systems than ours managing to get ahead of the game.

But I guess it’s ok, becauee it could be worse, it could be the Labour Party in charge...😂😂😂😂what absolute tosh...they’re not, so stop using it as some justification for Tory incompetence...

I am very critical of the government and have said so repeatedly. Having said that, most countries in the world have struggled with the virus, as it ebbs and flows with countries we thought were doing well now struggling, and vice versa.  

My point is that faced with the prospect of a Labour government led by Jeremy Corbyn as PM the public said no thanks. Nobody knew a pandemic was just around the corner but the public had enough sense not to entrust Corbyn to be the PM and deal with whatever might lie ahead.

Man of the people Sir Kier Starmer yesterday tried to row back from the Corbyn years by talking about patriotism and pride in our own country and talking about things that actually matter to people, but the damage has been done.

It is no skin off my nose that Labour are unlikely to win a General Election anytime soon; they have painted themselves into a corner which will be very difficult to escape from.

There is no real opposition at the moment on anything, least of all regarding the handling of the pandemic. Jonathan Ashworth the shadow health secretary would do things "differently" just as we all would do things differently with the benefit of hindsight.

So Labour are in a pickle. The members chose a leader that was unelectable as PM, they have a mountain to climb even to come second but if you think they could do a better job re the pandemic or anything else then fair enough.  
Private Message
Reply: 2991 - 3468
Stadium
September 23, 2020, 11:23am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19

I am very critical of the government and have said so repeatedly. Having said that, most countries in the world have struggled with the virus, as it ebbs and flows with countries we thought were doing well now struggling, and vice versa.  

My point is that faced with the prospect of a Labour government led by Jeremy Corbyn as PM the public said no thanks. Nobody knew a pandemic was just around the corner but the public had enough sense not to entrust Corbyn to be the PM and deal with whatever might lie ahead.

Man of the people Sir Kier Starmer yesterday tried to row back from the Corbyn years by talking about patriotism and pride in our own country and talking about things that actually matter to people, but the damage has been done.

It is no skin off my nose that Labour are unlikely to win a General Election anytime soon; they have painted themselves into a corner which will be very difficult to escape from.

There is no real opposition at the moment on anything, least of all regarding the handling of the pandemic. Jonathan Ashworth the shadow health secretary would do things "differently" just as we all would do things differently with the benefit of hindsight.

So Labour are in a pickle. The members chose a leader that was unelectable as PM, they have a mountain to climb even to come second but if you think they could do a better job re the pandemic or anything else then fair enough.  

???
Didn't you defend a certain Mr Cummings at the time?

"It's all a mountain out of a mole hill.  Boris doesnt need to lose his confidante because of a trip to Durham to arrange child care.
He should face the press down; an 80 seat majority gives him the security to do so. As things return to normal all this will be forgotten and the PM and Cummings can start to shake things up"

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2992 - 3468
ginnywings
September 23, 2020, 12:10pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548

Not really the point as we don't know the answer to that. The point is that in response to criticism of the Government in charge, the stock reply from you and other Tory supporters is that Labour would have done worse, when that is just supposition.

It's akin to the Town board saying we could be worse, we could be Bury. It's a non argument.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2993 - 3468
Hagrid
September 23, 2020, 1:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536

delusional, there is no chance, no way, that the tories can be re-elected after this utter excrement show they have given us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2994 - 3468
Sandford1981
September 23, 2020, 2:59pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from Hagrid

delusional, there is no chance, no way, that the tories can be re-elected after this utter excrement show they have given us

I wish I shared your optimism but I don’t unfortunately. To win the next election a lot of people would have to admit they were fooled and that they made the wrong choice in thinking Boris Johnson was their mate because they shared a view on Brexit. Once someone has decided to nail their colours to the mast it’s very difficult (not impossible obviously) to change their views.

Grimsby turning blue didn’t happen over night and changing it back will take a monumental effort. Judging by opinions across this forum I don’t see it happening. People are still referencing Corbyn and Starmer has been in post for some time and that is the issue in a nutshell for me. He has to undo a lot of damage to win people over. The incompetence and persistently poor performance of this government (of course it would of been worse under labour) should be enough to consign this rabble into history come the next election but I fear not.

I would love to be wrong on this.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 2995 - 3468
ska face
September 23, 2020, 3:23pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,754
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from Hagrid

You only have to read posts from the likes of LCL to see how many 24-carat saps there are in this country. Corbyn used to talk about patriotism in a meaningful way with concrete policies behind it - looking out for one another, National Care Service, National Education Service, stopping tax dodgers hoarding OUR money overseas, end homelessness (could be done tomorrow), end child poverty.

But so many people just want to wrap themselves in a flag, bully as many people as possible and then side with the bullies because it feels better that way, even when you’re getting shafted yourself.

Any person who can walk past a homeless person in the street or see kids going hungry, then vote for more of the same, is no patriot.
Private Message
Reply: 2996 - 3468
ginnywings
September 27, 2020, 11:54am

Recovering Alcoholic
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2997 - 3468
ginnywings
September 28, 2020, 1:43am

Recovering Alcoholic
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2998 - 3468
Stadium
September 28, 2020, 8:00pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
All in this together....

Tweet 1310472124100947969 will appear here...

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2999 - 3468
347 Pages Prev ... 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Coronavirus

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.