Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Coronavirus
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 19 Guests

Coronavirus

This thread currently has 383,973 views. Print
347 Pages Prev ... 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 ... Next All Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
August 24, 2020, 9:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,883
Gold Stars: 42
In dealing with Covid the Government should be doing the very best that they can for the people.  They haven’t.  A collective failure of leadership with having one eye on the inevitable public inquiry.

Depending on one advisor too much distorts the PM’s judgement when he goes driveabout to Durham.  Do as I say .........etc.

If I hear any new system (or Neymar) described as world class again then I will go bananas.

Gov departments allocate projects and work to Serco and Crapita etc because they then do not have to do difficult, risky or boring work themselves.  They think that they have scapegoats lined up when things wrong.  Accountability is like a virus:  you can pass it on but you can’t get rid of it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2950 - 3468
Stadium
August 24, 2020, 11:25pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
In dealing with Covid the Government should be doing the very best that they can for the people.  They haven’t.  A collective failure of leadership with having one eye on the inevitable public inquiry.

Depending on one advisor too much distorts the PM’s judgement when he goes driveabout to Durham.  Do as I say .........etc.

If I hear any new system (or Neymar) described as world class again then I will go bananas.

Gov departments allocate projects and work to Serco and Crapita etc because they then do not have to do difficult, risky or boring work themselves.  They think that they have scapegoats lined up when things wrong.  Accountability is like a virus:  you can pass it on but you can’t get rid of it.

https://www.consultancy.uk/news/25382/16-consulting-firms-awarded-government-coronavirus-contracts

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2951 - 3468
LH
August 25, 2020, 10:02am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,528
Gold Stars: 173
People still backing him as a leader are starting to look a bit like cranks now. It’ll be interesting/frightening to see how bad it has to get for those people to turn.
Private Message
Reply: 2952 - 3468
Sandford1981
August 25, 2020, 12:23pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from LH
People still backing him as a leader are starting to look a bit like cranks now. It’ll be interesting/frightening to see how bad it has to get for those people to turn.

The problem nowadays is the fact people have become so identified by their politics. It’s become more tribal than ever to the point that people have become confused.
Johnson convinced working class and under privileged people they were his ‘mate’ and part of the Westminster elite because they shared a view on Brexit. As a tactic I begrudgingly give him and his cronies credit for that-a master stroke really!
The trouble is when that’s all said and done he will sooner excrement on those same people as look at them, but in the mean time people will blindly defend his glaring bellendery because above all else ‘he’ll get us what we voted for!’

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 2953 - 3468
Stadium
August 25, 2020, 10:01pm
Champagne Drinker
Reverse,another u turn on face coverings in secondary schools.
But surely it wasn't to be looked at:

https://www.theguardian.com/wo.....chools-says-minister

Add it to the list.

https://www.indy100.com/articl.....n-free-meals-9686116

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2954 - 3468
aldi_01
August 26, 2020, 7:44am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
The government are literally copying that scene in Austin powers where he can’t turn the car around in that corridor...

Anyone that still supports the current government and the leader must seriously be deluded...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2955 - 3468
Stadium
September 2, 2020, 1:18pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01
The government are literally copying that scene in Austin powers where he can’t turn the car around in that corridor...

Anyone that still supports the current government and the leader must seriously be deluded...

Add another on to the list.
Getting silly now.

https://news.sky.com/story/cor.....ment-u-turn-12061690

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2956 - 3468
Ipswin
September 2, 2020, 3:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from TownSNAFU5

Lets see how the government handles the second wave, which if (or when) it happens is IMHO directly attributable to Boris relaxing the lockdown too soon and not being able to put the cork back in the bottle, it's too late.

I was unfortunately at a funeral last week and at the (limited numbers) wake in a beer garden of a pub afterwards I was introduced to two nephews of the deceased who had arrived back in the UK  from Benidorm the previous evening for their uncles funeral

There can be no excuses second time around, no 'we didn't expect it', no 'we didn't have the equipment', no 'support the NHS or it will go under', no 'we don't have enough beds', no 'the advice keeps changing its not our fault' et al

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 2957 - 3468
aldi_01
September 3, 2020, 6:13am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
If a second wave comes then we will be horrifically under prepared, much like the first time around....sadly I still think people will support the government.

Yesterday I spoke to an angry parent who spent 20 minutes telling me that our response as a school was awful...when I explained that we’ve literally taken government guidance and created our risk assessment and the like from that he mumbled and literally said...at least the others aren’t in charge.

With that crock of excrement mentality we’re copulated.

How anyone can still support this government is beyond me, even the most Tory of tories can see they’re continuing to fail and flounder...if people are still supporting them then it’s through very skewed Tory glasses.

I’ve always been baffled as to how a working class family can even look at the likes of Boris and co and think they represent them but I’m aware that the idea is about choice so crack on...but seriously, if people are still happy with their vote and think a good job is being done then we may as well just pack in.

Take education, it has been a right royal intercourse up, sheer incompetence and exposure of a man who is so out of his depth it’s untrue...if a Headteacher has been that incompetent parents would’ve demanded they be removed or refused to send their kids...in truth, nothing. He remains and more ridiculous guidance is being published at 9pm at night.

It’s horrifying when you think about it. Thankfully though, Boris’ classics degree will definitely help him out...

A Tory supporting friend of mine actually said, whatever my political views, it’s impossible to see this as anything but a clusterfuck...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2958 - 3468
lew chaterleys lover
September 3, 2020, 10:16am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,723
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from aldi_01
If a second wave comes then we will be horrifically under prepared, much like the first time around....sadly I still think people will support the government.

Yesterday I spoke to an angry parent who spent 20 minutes telling me that our response as a school was awful...when I explained that we’ve literally taken government guidance and created our risk assessment and the like from that he mumbled and literally said...at least the others aren’t in charge.

With that crock of excrement mentality we’re copulated.

How anyone can still support this government is beyond me, even the most Tory of tories can see they’re continuing to fail and flounder...if people are still supporting them then it’s through very skewed Tory glasses.

I’ve always been baffled as to how a working class family can even look at the likes of Boris and co and think they represent them but I’m aware that the idea is about choice so crack on...but seriously, if people are still happy with their vote and think a good job is being done then we may as well just pack in.

Take education, it has been a right royal intercourse up, sheer incompetence and exposure of a man who is so out of his depth it’s untrue...if a Headteacher has been that incompetent parents would’ve demanded they be removed or refused to send their kids...in truth, nothing. He remains and more ridiculous guidance is being published at 9pm at night.

It’s horrifying when you think about it. Thankfully though, Boris’ classics degree will definitely help him out...

A Tory supporting friend of mine actually said, whatever my political views, it’s impossible to see this as anything but a clusterfuck...

Any government would have struggled faced with such circumstances but I quite agree the government and particularly the PM has been a massive disappointment.

What your parent meant of course was back in December when faced with a choice of this government or one led by Jeremy Corbyn it was a no brainer.

He (Corbyn) may have handled this particular crisis better, who knows, but the people would never take a chance on the current Labour party.

Private Message
Reply: 2959 - 3468
347 Pages Prev ... 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Coronavirus

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.