Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 5 Guests

Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

This thread currently has 263,358 views. Print
117 Pages Prev ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
June 24, 2019, 10:44pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Bigdog

I think you've knocked that Boardroom Guest List up yourself. GTFC would never print Today's Scouts as To-days Scouts..

You're being ironic. Surely?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 380 - 1162
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
June 24, 2019, 10:55pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
Club statement at 10:30 on a Monday night? But sounds positive, think it's really happening
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 381 - 1162
forza ivano
June 24, 2019, 11:12pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,236
Gold Stars: 266
I'm beginning to wonder if the leak was an 'accidentally on purpose' exercise by the Shutes camp in order to force the issue and force Fentys hand. The result of it seems to have backed Fenty into a bit of a corner. If the deal goes through he comes out with some sort of kudos\ legacy. If the bid fails nobody is going to believe that it wasn't his doing .his life, I would imagine, would become extremely uncomfortable. You've also got to remember the political implications, which is basically that the deputy leader of the council has knocked back a cabal of the very people who the council are trying to involve in the regeneration of the town.wouldn't look very good would it? Would make future discussions on even more important matters very uncomfortable
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 382 - 1162
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
June 24, 2019, 11:19pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
I dunno I wouldn't like to overthink it, I'm just glad it's happening, once it's done its done and that's a clean slate as far as I'm concerned, I'd wish Mr fenty well and hope he still manages to come and watch games
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 383 - 1162
Bigdog
June 24, 2019, 11:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from KingstonMariner

You're being ironic. Surely?

Yes of course, but I don't like having to use   etc.

Bit of a pet hate of mine and I know others are more relaxed about the poor spelling at GTFC but..

If there is a takeover.. can the new custodians please make sure everything the club writes is spelled correctly and in coherent English? We are a PLC after all and these faux pas really do put a lot of people off and lower people's respect for a professional business. Seeing things like today spelled to-day (another picture also features on Twitter with the same mistake in the club shop) really can create a lack of respect and confidence in the club whether from prospective advertisers, sponsors, investors, or potential managers, players etc. Some on here like to write it off as not important, but if the club can't even spell the word today, how can they inspire confidence and professionalism in anything else they do? It's high time for (hopefully) new custodians to raise the bar when it comes to basic and avoidable embarrassing mistakes. Spell checkers and Grammarly have been around for years, it's just plain laziness..

I don't want anyone on here to feel awkward when posting if they feel they're not the best speller in the world, but putting out professional press releases, printed items etc for a business is an entirely different matter..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 384 - 1162
KingstonMariner
June 24, 2019, 11:50pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Bigdog

Yes of course, but I don't like having to use   etc.

Bit of a pet hate of mine and I know others are more relaxed about the poor spelling at GTFC but..

If there is a takeover.. can the new custodians please make sure everything the club writes is spelled correctly and in coherent English? We are a PLC after all and these faux pas really do put a lot of people off and lower people's respect for a professional business. Seeing things like today spelled to-day (another picture also features on Twitter with the same mistake in the club shop) really can create a lack of respect and confidence in the club whether from prospective advertisers, sponsors, investors, or potential managers, players etc. Some on here like to write it off as not important, but if the club can't even spell the word today, how can they inspire confidence and professionalism in anything else they do? It's high time for (hopefully) new custodians to raise the bar when it comes to basic and avoidable embarrassing mistakes. Spell checkers and Grammarly have been around for years, it's just plain laziness..

I don't want anyone on here to feel awkward when posting if they feel they're not the best speller in the world, but putting out professional press releases, printed items etc for a business is an entirely different matter..

I had to check  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 385 - 1162
You stripes UTM
June 25, 2019, 1:08am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +116
Gold Stars: 2
To post something at 10:30pm indicates to me something could happen quite imminently?

"IT'S BOGLE! AGAIN!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 386 - 1162
WOZOFGRIMSBY
June 25, 2019, 2:23am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,882
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from You stripes UTM
To post something at 10:30pm indicates to me something could happen quite imminently?

My thoughts too

I wonder if others are involved too. Speculation about David Ross for one and some links to others too.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 387 - 1162
Theimperialcoroner
June 25, 2019, 2:52am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,235
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

My thoughts too

I wonder if others are involved too. Speculation about David Ross for one and some links to others too.

Schuteses does have connections to Ross doesn’t he? I’d be surprised if it wasn’t more of a consortium type thing. If so there’s be more money around too (hopefully).

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 388 - 1162
Rik e B
June 25, 2019, 6:58am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
That would wonderful, the visionary philanthropist who rich enough but may not be mega loaded with further great minds and financial clout (Ross etc) on board with him.👌🏻

As for needing a "compelling, long-term vision outlined for the Football Club." would have been nice if the current board looked in the mirror and means tested  themselves on this requirement. 🙄
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 389 - 1162
117 Pages Prev ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

Thread Rating

There have been 3 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.