September 11, 2018, 9:55pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,501
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from grimsby pete
Our one success in Fenty's reign was Hurst,

Who after getting us back in the league could not get away quick enough.

His parting shot was  " It will be nice to work for honest people "

I would dread to think what some of the other Managers would have said to Fenty if they had the chance,

Mr Newell ( let me straighten your tie )
or
Mr ( fruit loop ) Bignot

For instance.

Ask Shrewsbury fans how honest Hurst is, after doing a Slade on them, just before a play-off final. What happened to Shouty? got a deputy Doig now,

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 157
Marinerz93
September 11, 2018, 10:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby

At least they have the balls to sit around the table and try unlike others who just like to sit behind a keyboard and snipe

It's ok having balls to sit round the table but when those balls are old and saggy you end up with over a decade of failure with no signs of improvement or belief.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 157
pizzzza
September 14, 2018, 6:33pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from barralad

News this week on that...

Is this news still coming this week? I'm interested to hear it.
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 157
barralad
September 14, 2018, 7:20pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from pizzzza

Is this news still coming this week? I'm interested to hear it.

Fair point. The proposals coming out of the meetings the Trust had with the club involving SD were broadly agreed at this weeks meeting of the club board. We will be ratifying minor amendments at our Trust board meeting tomorrow and will then issue a joint statement. I suspect with the time constraints upon us and the club regrettably it will be early next week but it is coming!! Obviously I cannot go into further detail at this point in time

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 157
pizzzza
September 14, 2018, 7:58pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from barralad

Fair point. The proposals coming out of the meetings the Trust had with the club involving SD were broadly agreed at this weeks meeting of the club board. We will be ratifying minor amendments at our Trust board meeting tomorrow and will then issue a joint statement. I suspect with the time constraints upon us and the club regrettably it will be early next week but it is coming!! Obviously I cannot go into further detail at this point in time

Good stuff, thanks for the info.
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 157
grimsby pete
September 14, 2018, 9:05pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from The Yard Dog

Ask Shrewsbury fans how honest Hurst is, after doing a Slade on them, just before a play-off final. What happened to Shouty? got a deputy Doig now,

Don't have to ask them I know the little git is a liar.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 157
MuddyWaters
September 15, 2018, 5:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,237
Gold Stars: 235
Eat. Sleep. Repeat. Club is rotten to the core. Now the manager is as clueless as the board.
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 157
Cloudy
September 16, 2018, 7:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from barralad

Shouldn’t it be the members who should be agreeing any proposals rather than everything go through the club first?
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 157
barralad
September 16, 2018, 7:33pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Cloudy

Shouldn’t it be the members who should be agreeing any proposals rather than everything go through the club first?

I'm not entirely sure what you are getting at but the proposals came out of meetings the club had with the Trust under the guidance of Supporters Direct . Those meetings were set up to discuss the way forward based on what our members told us in the survey. Under those conditions it would seem sensible for both the Trust and the club to agree before it goes public. No doubt the finished article will please some and upset others... twas ever thus.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 157
lew chaterleys lover
September 16, 2018, 7:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Cloudy

Its a faux Trust really isn't it? In my eyes at least a trust should be challenging, questioning and the voice of the long suffering fans.

Fenty must be laughing his socks off at just how ineffectual the Trust are in holding him to account.
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 157
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Let's start with the board

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.